Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverr
Stranger

Shrooms Growing in my crack, what should I do?
    #4497256 - 08/04/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, I wish my damn camera did not decide to stop working or I would get you some pics.  :confused:

Anywho, My casings are around 2 inches thick total (including casing, myc, and verm bottom) all placed in aluminum bread pans. I have just seen pins a few minutes ago ( it has been 6 days and 21 hours) yet some clusters are coming up the side of the casing (after  casing shrinkage) next to the pan (the crack) and I was wondering If I should not worry about it or cut the side of the pan off.

What do you think guys/gals? Am I just being paranoid (wont be the first or last time) or should I address the situation.

Thanks for all your help/time, it has really been a pleasure to have this much knowledge at my fingertips, thanks Shroomery and Community.

Just started this hobby about a month ago and I am absolutely loving it. I have made cakes, casings, and LC's. Hopefully I can get a new camera to show all that I have learned and try to spread my knowledge as others did for me.

Special thanks to:

HippieChik- thanks for the Terrarium info I just built mine based off of yours, thanks a bunch

Scat_ Great info on WBS, thanks man

Roadkill- seems like when I have a question that I cannot find here or in my "Mushroom Cultivator" book, I seem to mumble to my self "I wonder what Roadkill or Agar thinks about this",
Agar-^^^^^ this is^ also tru for agar thanks Agar and Roadkill

I am sure their are others and if I left you out...my apologies and thanks for everything.

PEACE :headbanger: :headbanger:

--------------------
"The only easy day was yesterday"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shrooms Growing in my crack, what should I do? [Re: Silverr]
    #4497316 - 08/04/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Address what situation? You got mushrooms growing, let them grow.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSilverr
Stranger

Re: Shrooms Growing in my crack, what should I do? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4497337 - 08/04/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, but when I pick them I will not be able to grasp the base, is this ok? Sorry I should have expressed my reason for worry.

Yet I guess if you use caution you may be able to get the base with easy tugging.

***YES I know I have pins, I am so exci...shit, I just pissed myself, o'well I am not moving, its kinda warm and pleasant any way. Yeaaaa, pins!

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shrooms Growing in my crack, what should I do? [Re: Silverr]
    #4497379 - 08/04/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nah, they'll be easy to get to, you can just grab half way up and wiggle it and twist and work it free of the substrate, or you can probably get your fingers in close to the base, or you can use tweezers (I have a nice long thin pair that works for that kind of stuff), or you can just slowly tilt the casing and catch it with your hand over the sink, and then pick off anything along the sides or bottoms..like this:

All the shrooms you see pinned on the sides.

Also, the casing will shrink more (once it starts, it dries out quicker and continues to shrink) so it should make it easier to get your fingers in, or slide the casing to close the gap on the oppisite side letting you get to the shroomy.

Really though you got nothing to worry about :smile: Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSilverr
Stranger

Re: Shrooms Growing in my crack, what should I do? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4497407 - 08/04/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Skat. the pic is exactly how mine are growing.
Thanks for the reassurance.
Much love

PEACE

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck