Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Piracetam

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Shrooms and Green cured my depression
    #4496457 - 08/04/05 09:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was diagnosed as being depressed and having bi-polar disorder and put on medicine.. due to my own experimentation.. i took myself off of zoloft which actually caused depression for me and tried green and shrooms.. this helped amazingly.. ive been self medicating for 4 months now, not a single suicidal thought! i think its a break through and is proof that is should be legal!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemagicbastard
FlacidJohnson
Male

Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4496503 - 08/04/05 09:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Same with me, I have depression too and talked to a medical marijuna perscribing doctor to get legal pot for my depression when I realized that the prozack was making it worse and kept a smile on my face but when I smoke I feel way better than when I'm on prozack

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: magicbastard]
    #4497617 - 08/05/05 01:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I had the same thing happen to me except with a 12 pk. of Natural Light and a blowjob instead of shrooms and weed.

--------------------

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #4498865 - 08/05/05 05:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Good to hear that, man!!!

I never take anything that isn?t natural and it works better than all the chemicals. Nature provides us with a multiple kind of plants, trees and shrooms that cure and keep health at its right level. To be healthy is the natural human state. Now we should spread this knowledge so people start living natural and ecologically. Let start a no violent war against the pharmaceutical industry by not buying their products cause it?s not necessary, nature gives us everything we need to stay healthy......and at a low cost.

Saludos.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: Semilanceata]
    #4500004 - 08/05/05 03:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

id be more interested in just making marijuana and shrooms legal for medical use.. but sure whatever u say

Offlinemagicbastard
FlacidJohnson
Male

#4500608 - 08/05/05 05:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

how'd they get shrooms legal in Arizona, couldn't we just do that everywhere?

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
    #4500767 - 08/05/05 06:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The story of Prozac produced by the George Bush drug company,Eli Lilly is the same tale of Illuminati corruption to impose a mind suppressant on the population. In 1982, David Dunner of the University of Washington began to accept more than 1.4 million from Lilly for research and seminars. Some of this "research" was for conducting clinical trial with 100 people for Prozac. At the same time he was a member of the Food and Drug Administration Psycho pharmacological Drugs Advisory Committee, responsible for reviewing new drug applications for the FDA. Dunner was asked if he had any conflict of interest with Eli Lilly when he began to assess Prozac for the FDA, but he replied "No". The FDA accepted this and yet Dunner had already given five seminars sponsored by Prozac producer Eli Lilly before this date. The seminars were about "depressive disorders" the target market for Prozac. Dunner also failed to disclose that he had agreed to two further seminars for Lilly to take place after Prozac was approved. According to the public record, Lilly's test on Prozac showed it was little more effective than useless placebo and an FDA statistician suggested to Lilly that the test results be evaluated differently to indicate a more favorable result. This they did. An FDA safety review established that Lilly failed to report psychotic episodes during Prozacs testing, but there was no reprimand. By 1987, two months before the FDA approved Prozac, 27 people had died in controlled clinical trials. 15 were suicides, six by overdose, four by gunshot and two by drowning. Prozac was directly connected to all of them. Twelve other people in the trials died, but the cause was not directly related to Prozac. In 1991 the FDA executive, Paul Leber, said he noted "the large number of reports of all kinds on Prozac" (more than 15,000). But Leber pressured personal in charge of the agency's adverse reporting system to discount these reports as "of limited value" . The number had reached 28,600 by 1992 with another 1,700 deaths. Yet the commissioner of the FDA, David Kessler, has said "Although the FDA receives many adverse event reports, these probably represent only a fraction of the serious adverse events encountered by providers. Only about one percent of serious events are reported by the FDA. On that basis there are really around 2,860,000 adverse reactions to Prozac in 1992 alone. What will it be now? The number is almost unimaginable. But they are introducing a form of Prozac for KIDS. Eric Harris one of the teenagers in the Columbine High School shooting, was reported to be taking the drug Luvox, which is given the same classification as Prozac. The main active ingredient in Prozac was found in the blood of Henry Paul, the driver of the car when Princess Diana Was killed. Prozac is just one of a long list of drugs designed to have the same effect.

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Offlinebubbles
OverLord

Loc: London
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: mskip23]
    #4521288 - 08/11/05 07:51 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

shrooms have shown theraputic promise for a vide variety of conditions, some medically and psychologicaly intractabe. they have been helpful to suffers of severe psychosomatic disorders, chronic alcoholism, post traumatic stress disorder (including concentration camp syndrome) and have been know to relieve death anxiety in cancer patients.

Quote:

in well screened, prepaired, supervised and followed-up psychiatric patients taking pure psychadelic drugs, the incedence of adverse reaction is less than 1%. it is even lower in 'normal' volounteers

Straussman (1984)

im dead surprised at the contrast between the prozac clinical trials.

--------------------
"the modeling chalenge for the future is human history. we will no longer be playing games, we will be proposing actual models and methods to begin to shape the world" Terence McKenna

"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall KILL you" stewie griffin

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: mskip23]
    #4523505 - 08/11/05 08:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I am surprised to see this, I wanted to start a similar thread. I have been on antidepressants, none have helped.
but when I take a mushroom trip once in a while, I just don't feel depressed. I've wondered about this also. I just want to say "for the record" that when I trip, I can know the things that depress me, but I feel like I can deal with it just fine and get on with living. It's kind of like I can accept it as "life" and it is perfectly acceptable. Where normally it would affect me and keep me from doing what i am supposed to be doing.
Does that make sense?

* for those who want to start a no violent war, check my sig.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinepurplegreens
peaceful
Female User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4554040 - 08/19/05 01:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have been on Prozac for about 7 months and I felt like in the begining it made me not depressed but now it's hell. I had no idea about its background. I've also been smoking pot almost everyday for 7 months and that always makes me feel better. I just cant afford it anymore. I would love to live more natural and get off all this shit but I'm not sure what will happen with my depression...

--------------------

All I know is something like a bird within her sang

Offlinebubbles
OverLord

Loc: London
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4554906 - 08/19/05 11:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LouiseLouise said:
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I am surprised to see this, I wanted to start a similar thread. I have been on antidepressants, none have helped.
but when I take a mushroom trip once in a while, I just don't feel depressed. I've wondered about this also. I just want to say "for the record" that when I trip, I can know the things that depress me, but I feel like I can deal with it just fine and get on with living. It's kind of like I can accept it as "life" and it is perfectly acceptable. Where normally it would affect me and keep me from doing what i am supposed to be doing.
Does that make sense?

sounds fine to me. shrooms work wonders for the perception. i hate telling others how to trip. so just be safe, do them in a relativly good mood and with people you love.

ever heard of behavioral triggers? i used them so cut down on cigaretts, basically whenever i get drunk or really stressed i crave a cigarette. recognising triggers, learning to spot possible triggers and controlling or escaping from them really helped me out. also works backwards, find something you love and use/do it when your starting to bum yourself out. now i juggle  :grin:

peace :mushroom2:

--------------------
"the modeling chalenge for the future is human history. we will no longer be playing games, we will be proposing actual models and methods to begin to shape the world" Terence McKenna

"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall KILL you" stewie griffin

InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: purplegreens]
    #4566498 - 08/22/05 03:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ForeverProtect said:
. I justI have been on Prozac for about 7 months and I felt like in the begining it made me not depressed but now it's hell. I had no idea about its background. I've also been smoking pot almost everyday for 7 months and that always makes me feel better cant afford it anymore. I would love to live more natural and get off all this shit but I'm not sure what will happen with my depression...

If the pot is making you feel better and you don't think you can afford it, but you're paying for the script of prozac, why not grow your own weed if your depression is a life altering circumstance?

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: Tippinthru]
    #4569371 - 08/23/05 04:20 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

what do you mean shrooms and pot should be made legal...?

they should be made fucking obligatory, compulsory and "de rigueur".

regular individual consumption should be enforced by local police.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4872436 - 10/30/05 09:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I bet in 3 years someone will revive this old thread.

Edited by BlimeyGrimey (07/27/09 03:45 AM)

InvisibleAffenicum
Inquiring Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: US
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10742487 - 07/26/09 12:25 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have a theory that the reason these natural remedy's like mushrooms and and MJ seem too complete us and give us a sense of balance is one due to the active ingredients and chemical reactions in the brain of coarse but two it is ingrained in our history and our DNA due to our ancestors have be using these things since the beginning of time and it probably hits home and gets us in touch with our inner heritage. If you think about it these are most likely the same substances that helped carry our species so far due to the profound life experiences mind altering reality's these herbs and fruits created for our lesser thinking ancestors.  They help us think outside of the box they help us to progress and grow mentally in a more balanced and positive way they help us to find solutions and that is exactly what our ancestors needed to survive and so that is how we evolved and we still need solutions everyday.  I also believe these same herbs and fruits created religion to explain the experiences people had while on there voyages tripping opening up the mind connecting us to the spiritual.  I also believe art and music as well stem from the herbs and the fruits due to the inspiration you receive during your highs.  And call me crazy  :crazy2:  but I have put a lot of time and thought in this whole theory (usually while tripping as well to put myself in my ancestors shoes) and I truly believe these herbs and fruits of our earth are the molders of our ancestors minds which helped alter there paradigms to the multifaceted ways of thinking that has led up to the domination of our planet too this present day.  So if you think about it since we are all symbiotic in a sense the fruits and herbs complete us and make us feel whole.  But since they have been deemed evil, banned and outlawed we then begin to feel incomplete and our minds tend to crave escape and other vices which are "more acceptable" so we find other outlets that are not outlets of our choosing but paths that we are corralled down due to laws that leave us unfulfilled like alcohol, synthetic drugs, cigarettes, fast food, gossip news etc.  You know what I see?  A list of problems.  But no solutions when you go down that corral.  (*WoW raving way off topic...)  To sum it Mans history has always been paired with natural mind altering substances so in a sense the therapy herbs and fruits give you is deeper than just catching a buzz its reflecting on and reassessing who you are and where you have come from and just remembering your history puts your life back into perspective.  And your body also responds better to anything natural compared to synthetic and that's a fact.
Mind altering substance is the mother of human intervention.  WE... ARE... Altered Beasts!  :chimpglock:

--------------------
HELP make your world better! And to understand the inefficient way it works currently.  Check out these links~~~> http://zeitgeistmovie.com , http://thezeitgeistmovement.com and http://www.thevenusproject.com/

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression (moved) [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #10745519 - 07/26/09 11:15 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

This thread was moved from Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms.

Reason:
Moved to a more appropriate forum than gourmet mushrooms.

InvisibleGI_Luvmoney
Vote Republican!
 User Gallery

#10763230 - 07/29/09 07:08 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

A pinch of piracetam in a cup of coffee is the best thing I've found for depression.  The directions on the bottle recommends four scoops a day using a small scoop included when you buy the bottle.  I think its about a quarter teaspoon.  More than a pinch makes me too talkative and gives me insomnia sometimes so I limit it to a half a scoop a day and sometimes don't take it for a couple of days.  Its one of the best hangover reducing substances I've ever tried, too.

http://www.piracetam.com/

--------------------

Edited by GI_Luvmoney (07/29/09 07:10 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #10763988 - 07/29/09 09:29 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have a serious mental illness and weed makes me feel better and I function much better on it. I wish I lived in medical marijuana state.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10764018 - 07/29/09 09:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
I bet in 3 years someone will revive this old thread.

What the fuck?  Way to predict the future....

:confused:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineTLC
silly me
Female

Loc: WA
Re: Shrooms and Green cured my depression [Re: Society]
    #10768816 - 07/30/09 04:03 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Magic mushrooms can have so much therapeutic potential. Ever since my last trip especially I just feel like a happier person, I'm not so stuck in the old thought loops with constant fear and memories that only bring back pain. As if I am just now allowing real happiness in.
My out look on life and experience is changing. I also find it a little odd but I am not near as angry about old grudges.

I guess in a lot of ways I agree that shrooms can be very helpful with depression.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Piracetam

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being