Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrainboy55
Stranger
Poll: do aborts give you a different trip?
    #855922 - 08/31/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

aborts seem to be more potent than fully grown mushrooms, but i wanted to know if you guys trip differently on aborts than on normal guys.

the 'black hats' always seem to give me a darker, more introspective trip. not always a good thing. it's like the early death of the mushroom carries itself into the experience.

are we eating fungal souls?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: trainboy55]
    #856049 - 09/01/02 12:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

its all in your head. psilocybin is psilocybin and what you make of it is what you get

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Eightball]
    #858563 - 09/02/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nicely stated. Couldn't of done it better myself.  :smirk:

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #859042 - 09/02/02 01:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was just about to post exactly those words!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Ripple]
    #859126 - 09/02/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

/me adds another layer to his foil hat

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Offlinetrainboy55
Stranger
    #860050 - 09/02/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

isn't that like saying THC is THC? i don't know many pot smokers who would agree that 'weed is weed'.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #860352 - 09/02/02 10:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

No way - not unless there is an alkaloid in aborts that is strangly absent in larger, mature or normal fruits.
Then again the experiences between different psilocybin bearing mushrooms is pronounced - cubies arent the same as pans and pans arent the same as woodlovers - so psilocybin aint always the same

--------------------

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #860662 - 09/03/02 03:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

THC isn't just THC.It comes in different isomers,and there are related cannanaboidspresent in varying proportions.So it is completely valid to say different strains of pot have differing effects.

The difference between different species of psilocybes would have to be due to the presence of baeocystin,because psilocybin is psilocybin.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #860780 - 09/03/02 04:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with you, for example pr’s will give you a different trip than mazatek, and is not the amount of psilocybin; I feel that there must be other compounds that make the trip different.
In my case I will not use pr's no more it makes the trip with a more darker tone, instead mazateks gives me the best visuals I have ever experienced and very uplifting, and no mucus, in the other hand PF classic, will give me a lot of mucus but still a good trip.
So they have to be other factors involved.

--------------------

Offlinedemigodz72
Stranger

Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: LOBO]
    #4494278 - 08/04/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i too have tripped harder off a handful fresh aborts :biggrin:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4494542 - 08/04/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trainboy55 said:
isn't that like saying THC is THC? i don't know many pot smokers who would agree that 'weed is weed'.

Not at ALL. Mushrooms are a fungus that produces (in simple terms) by replicating. Mushrooms are made up of the mycelium they grow from, exactly the same. You can cut a peice of mushroom tissue, the smallest speck you cant see, and shoot it into grain and you'll grow clones of that mushroom. Try sticking a peice of bud into soil and see what it gets you. Your comparing plant to animal.

I split my harvest, and keep aborts seperate, and I can tell you after dozens of people trying aborts and fully mature mushrooms, and anywhere in between, that there is no correlation to the size of the mushroom, and its potency. All these rumors come from people trying desparatly to find a way to tell by looking at the shroom if its good or not..does it have a closed cap, is it blue, what size it is, blah blah blah. NONE of it means SQUAT. You cant tell a single thing for sure about a mushroom by looking at it (extreme cases not included).
Gone through a number of piles that look like this in my time growing:

BUT I also believe anything you believe can greatly effect the trip, so if you really believe itll be stonger, then you'll feel it more and it will. That doesnt mean theres more chemicals, just your brain is more open to recieve everything, IMO.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4495816 - 08/04/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I loooove those pictures, Scatmanrav. I've seen them in other posts before, but it's always a beautiful sight. The bong in the background adds a lot of character as well.

As for my experience with aborts, I've only had one. I ate 4.5 grams of dry aborted GTs this past May, and I couldn't tell a difference between that dose and 4.5 grams of anything else. However, this was my first time eating GTs and my first time eating aborts, so I don't have much to compare it to.

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4496081 - 08/04/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think that most of us will agree that for hte most part, shrooms grown on manure/compost/straw are more potent than shrooms grown on BRF cakes. I can look at shrooms purchased "on the street" and tell if they have the tell-tale curvature at their base that indicates they were grown on a cake. Is this fool-proof? No. Is it helpful? Yes.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4496098 - 08/04/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, that's a good idea, although cased BRF cakes could grow straight up without any curve at the base. Like you said, it's not foolproof, but that's a neat little trick. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that the more twisted the mushrooms were, the more potent they would be (pretty sure it's BS), but this makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the tip!

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

OfflineNilsen9491
SuperNoob
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: harpd]
    #4496931 - 08/04/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'll tell you what....not that I'm the drug Budda or anything, but from all the different shit that I've put into my body over the years, and and all of the psychedelics I've used, one thing has always remained true: You trip is what you bring into it. Allow me to elaborate. If you go into a trip expecting to see crazy horses engulfed in yellow flames coming out of the sky pulling a carriage made of glazed donuts, then you'll probably see everything but that. If you go into a trip after getting your balls kicked in by a rabid mule, you'll probably not have a good trip. If you go into a trip with an upbeat attitude and an open mind....well then hey....you're gonna do just fine. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not saying you can control the beast....but I can't say that this or that grass gave me the munchies more than another or that this or that weed made me laugh more than normal. I'm sure everyone reading this can differentiate between good weed and shit weed. But I've never had a bad trip that I didn't have coming to me.....well....there is of course, that black day when you just eat waaaaay too many grams and just loose control. damn that was fun.

--------------------
Big Mike

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4496973 - 08/04/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The only thing ive found about aborts is that they tend to be highly potent. 3.5g of lipa yai aborts is one of my strongest trips. My friend stopped talking within an hour and didnt talk for over 5. Ive taken 5 or more grams of mature shrooms that didnt even get close to that lvl. My buddy said he hadnt even come close to tripping like that on lsd or shrooms before. It would be fun if someone could have aborts potency measured against full grown. In all other times ive just really mixed in aborts with normal shrooms because the aborts made up such a small amount.

Mushroom potency in cubes seams to vary a lot tho not really sure. Its probably just a potency thing. Within 10 min of eating the 3.5 gram aborts i was already getting quite high.

I even found a pic of some of them from my archives.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #4496979 - 08/04/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Eightball said:
its all in your head. psilocybin is psilocybin and what you make of it is what you get

--------------------

OfflineAtman
CompletelyStranger
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4499205 - 08/05/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Aborts are stronger:

Here's a scientific answer to the question which I found written by CB Gold in Psychedelic Monographs and Essays.

He states that psilocybin and psilocin are found in greater amounts
close to or in the skin and since smaller mushrooms (pins and aborts) have a greater surface area to volume ratio than larger mushrooms they are more potent.

From personal experience they do seem be more potent.

OfflineCheesekiller
Mad Scientist
Male

Loc: Central NY
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Atman]
    #4499845 - 08/05/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

aren't there lots of psychoactive things in shrooms besides psilocybin?

Cheesekiller

--------------------
Bulk grower with "some" success.

Cloning Machine 

Nice Lids

A few pics of my DT setup

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Atman]
    #4499856 - 08/05/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Atman said:
Aborts are stronger:

Here's a scientific answer to the question which I found written by CB Gold in Psychedelic Monographs and Essays.

He states that psilocybin and psilocin are found in greater amounts
close to or in the skin and since smaller mushrooms (pins and aborts) have a greater surface area to volume ratio than larger mushrooms they are more potent.

From personal experience they do seem be more potent.

I'd like to see his proof on this, I call BS.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale