Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Today on the subway,
    #4495300 - 08/04/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I got on the train at 8th st. and rode it up to 42nd.

Somewhere between 8th and 14th (the next stop), a woman with a shopping cart and a lot of bags who looked pretty crazy walked over to me and started talking to me. I looked her in the eyes and read her lips and could tell she was asking for money. I was listening to Shpongle in headphones that shut everything else out, so I paused my iPod, took a sip of my ice coffee and pulled them off one ear to hear what she was saying.

She kept looking down at my iced coffee and asked if I had any spare change, a quarter maybe? And I told her no...even though I did have some, in my wallet in a pocket in my bag, but you know, sometimes you fork over some change, sometimes you don't...then she asked if I had a drink of water and I said no, I'm sorry...

Then she looks at my iced coffee and points to it and goes "Come on, let me have a sip of your coffee." To which I was like "no!" At which point she starts lecturing me about how unkind and uncaring I am, all the while pointing at my iced coffee like she had found a dead body or something and was alerting the authorities. So I put my headphone back over my ear and pressed play, and just watched her mouth move and held eye contact with her almost the whole time. She went on through the 14th st. stop, and the 23rd st stop, stopping now and then, and finally got out at 28th st.

That's the only thing that's really happened today that's worth mentioning.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4495304 - 08/04/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: Today on the subway, [Re: TYL3R]
    #4495316 - 08/04/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

damn bums :nonono:

--------------------

Male

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: TYL3R]
    #4495318 - 08/04/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You don't ask a man for his iced coffee and not expect flat out rejection!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4495325 - 08/04/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The thing is, and I read an article about this recently, NYC is chock full of bums who are old people that have rent-controlled cheap as hell apartments and are just crazy. They dress dirty, don't wash themselves, and walk around collecting shit and asking for money, even sleeping on the streets now and then. But they're filthy rich!

This woman was found dead of a heart attack on fifth avenue, looked like a hag of sorts, turned out she had 5 million in the bank and in the winter went and lived in a condo in florida.

I didn't get a real homeless vibe off of this lady today...she was a faker I tell yas!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #4495326 - 08/04/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you should have gotten some of that pussy Mmmm

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #4495328 - 08/04/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You ever smoke a cigarette in the city? Bums view it as a nicotine bird-feeder of sorts.

"Hey man, you think I could get a cigarette?"

I usually have an average of 5 people hit me up for cigarettes in a matter of minutes. They're usually really cool and thankful for them so I always give them one.

Good thing I've quit smoking... that shit gets expensive.

--------------------

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
    #4495337 - 08/04/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You were on the 6 train? There always were alot of strange people on the 6.

--------------------
Just a little nervous from the fall.

Male

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: chinadoll]
    #4495340 - 08/04/05 01:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nope I was on the W, which is a weird one too. I think the J train is the weirdest I've ever been on though

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4495381 - 08/04/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i dunno taking the r train around manhattan i always ran into a bunch of crazies.  My favorite was the "deaf" guy who walks on the train dropping a key chain in your lap with a note "please buy, im deaf" or something along those lines.  Yet, as deaf as he was, he sure turned around quick when i yelled 'yo buddy!'.  :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#4495396 - 08/04/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In my lowly city some reporters followed this suspected fake panhandler one day on the news they followed her at night after a whole day of making mad cheddar and she jumped into a new grand cherokee and drove home to her house.

She even had fuckin kids.

Offlinemikeytwice
Wanderer

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: Noetical]
    #4495498 - 08/04/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I take the J/M/Z and F everyday, and there are a few regular bums on the former, including this raspy-voiced woman named Marcy. One time, at Delancy, I was lectured by a Vietnam/Cambodia vet for a good 15 minutes about how people don't give a fuck about veterans and how he hoped that NYC would get hit by another terrorist attack. "Do you know why? Becuase people don't give a FUCK about veterans!"

The thing is, I didn't have a dollar in my pocket, and I'm not going to give some prick a five. I almost always give bums change if I have it and I'm not in a bad mood, and every once in a while I'll give one a buck, but I'd rather save my dollars for musicians - or at least bums who give worthwhile speeches.

I'm sure plenty are legit bums, and I'm sure plenty others are either well off or at least better off than they'd lead you to believe. In either case I have no problem with people begging, as long as they aren't pricks about it.

But an iPod and iced coffee... man... setting yourself up as a prime target!

--------------------
\

Male

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: mikeytwice]
    #4495508 - 08/04/05 02:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: Very true. I just hate putting my iPod in my pockets cause it clangs against other metal stuff (keys, phone, pens) and the display gets scratched up.

Yeah I have no problem with the homeless or bums..I just have a problem with anybody who's obnoxious, regardless of status.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4495509 - 08/04/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You're a fucking dick! You should have shared your coffee with her, she probably would have given you a BJ.

--------------------

Offlinemikeytwice
Wanderer

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4495587 - 08/04/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And a disease!

--------------------
\

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4495620 - 08/04/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If by disease you mean gummer, than yes, you're right.

--------------------

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #4495650 - 08/04/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That story was really cool. hehe. I've begged people in the mall for money if I loose my change. Not very friendly out here in the sticks. I feel bad too but hey. What happens when you have the munchies.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Today on the subway, [Re: PuZuZu]
    #4495677 - 08/04/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Begging in Idaho must be a tough gig.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #4496099 - 08/04/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

took a sip of my ice coffee

No more drinky !!...You wanna talk rent control ??? Hows about 100 - 250 a month ...A hotel at Lexington and 6?th Street. I'm doing a complete interior gut of this building around 10 or 15 residents who did not sell out for 500 -750 K... the youngest one moved in  '72.... the oldest...WW II  !!...  :confused: I can't demo their units till they die..

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
    #4496108 - 08/04/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
The thing is, and I read an article about this recently, NYC is chock full of bums who are old people that have rent-controlled cheap as hell apartments and are just crazy. They dress dirty, don't wash themselves, and walk around collecting shit and asking for money, even sleeping on the streets now and then. But they're filthy rich!

This woman was found dead of a heart attack on fifth avenue, looked like a hag of sorts, turned out she had 5 million in the bank and in the winter went and lived in a condo in florida.

I didn't get a real homeless vibe off of this lady today...she was a faker I tell yas!

thats just fucked up, live in the condo all year round

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]