Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineTysonTomko
Stranger
Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something
    #4494493 - 08/04/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

originally me, Nicky and jen were drinking at my house. Nickys boyfriend Jon (who is my friend) broke up with her like 2 weeks ago and went on vacation. Then he came back for one night, got drunk and got back together with her. He now claims he doesnt remember this and basically told her there not going out or whatever. But he called me to hang out and this is where it all started and most of this happened tonight.

So anyways Jen leaves. Nicky is like crying and wants me to go with her to Jons house. I tell her i really dont want to but shes like crying and shit. so im like look Nicky i will take you but you got to promise that you arent gonna alienate me and just talk to jon all night. she says yea its not a problem at all, your one of my closest friends if u feel awkward at all let me know, etc.

So we go and basically Jon was being an asshole to her all night. So then i go take a piss and i come back and i see the 2 of them talking like away. so i get pissed off and im like God Damnit Nicky what the fuck did i tell you before. Im Leaving now if your coming your coming. And then shes like crying that i yelled at her and is like "im so sorry" and like apoligizing to me. So im basically driving home not saying anything and shes like "please dont be mad at me" and i says to her im not mad at her im just frusterated and angry in general. So then i get to her house and she comes over to give me a hug and start making out with me for like a minute. And then she says shes working all day today and will call me friday and goes inside.

So yea wtf should i make of this? Did she just make out with me cause i yelled at her or something? should i pursue this or no?

Jon has a new girl or whatever so theres really no issue there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: TysonTomko]
    #4494500 - 08/04/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

/slaps forehead

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: TysonTomko]
    #4494505 - 08/04/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe making out was her way of truly showing you, "She's sorry."  :smirk:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4494570 - 08/04/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Do her on Friday. She wants it. No matter the rhyme or reason, just do it.

Do you really wanna look back and say, damn, I really should have stuck her?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4494597 - 08/04/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How to be a Decent Person.

Rule #1. Your friend's ex's are off limits.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Phluck]
    #4494612 - 08/04/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

right.

Also, you had made a thread in physical and mental well being involving a chick named Naomi who you were hooking up with for a bit...how would you feel if your friend Jon hooked up with her?

Always put yourself in someone elses shoes, and treat others the way you would want to be treated.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Liz]
    #4494620 - 08/04/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The Polyphonic Spree makes me smile.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: PuZuZu]
    #4494636 - 08/04/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That is bs. If she broke up with him, that woudl be another story. Since he broke up with her, shes fair game. And either way, what kinda friend is gonna grudge you sex with an ex?

--------------------
Nothing's more magical than a mushroom. =)
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: ChRoNiCk420]
    #4494654 - 08/04/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you sound like a real good friend :noway:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4494656 - 08/04/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Just to clarify... has he told you its no issue, or are you assuming its no issue because he has a new girl? Because if you're assuming, well you're going to be in for a suprise when your friend finds out.

Even if people have moved on, they will always still feel a little jealousy when they see their ex's with other people, that's just a fact of life. And if the other people are their best friends, well, that's going to cause some serious problems.

If you think having Jon as a friend is more important than getting a little bit of ass, forget about it, and if Nicky calls you up and wants to go out or something, explain to her that you don't think it's a good idea to go out with your best friend's ex. That may seem like common sense, but you'd be suprised how many guys would lie, or just try to avoid her.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4494657 - 08/04/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Chicks are nuts

--------------------

Offlinebladerunnerss
journeyman
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: PuZuZu]
    #4494684 - 08/04/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure how to reply to this. Theres somethings Id need to know like how good of friends are you with each and were they serious are you serious about her?

Basically you have to pick and choose your battles. If you and Jon are not best friends and you like her- I say go for it.

--------------------
bladeruNNer

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: bladerunnerss]
    #4494859 - 08/04/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You guys need to get rid of this whole jealousy thing. Yea, its a natural human thing, but you can definately get rid of it. Read Heinlein's "For Us, the Living". When you think about it, it just doesn't make sense. If a friend of mine wanted to hook up with an ex of mine, I would certainly give my blessing.

--------------------
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: MOTH]
    #4495164 - 08/04/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Maybe making out was her way of truly showing you, "She's sorry."  :smirk:

probably, just wanted to apologize, but i mean makin out with you, i could see a kiss.. but

Quote:

Chicks are nuts

agreed

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4495224 - 08/04/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So, you're the infamous beerweed, huh?

Nice to meet you.

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Phluck]
    #4495281 - 08/04/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

Since when? Friend's girlfriends are off-limits but where does this "no ex's" rule come into play?

--------------------

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: mantis]
    #4495344 - 08/04/05 01:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

stick it to her man!    :bananabang:

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: SerioOria]
    #4495370 - 08/04/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SerioOria said:

Quote:

Chicks are nuts

agreed

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: mantis]
    #4495420 - 08/04/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hell yeah man, hook it up!

Why not?

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4495428 - 08/04/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

making out =! 'hooking up'

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: ChRoNiCk420]
    #4495445 - 08/04/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When you think about it, it just doesn't make sense. If a friend of mine wanted to hook up with an ex of mine, I would certainly give my blessing.

Lots of emotions don't make sense. But simply realizing that fact doesn't make you immune to them.

There are probably circumstances where it's okay, but if it was a really serious relationship, or if they broke up recently, then it's definitely going to cause some tension, even if you think you're above normal human emotions.

Did the guy not say that they just broke up?

--------------------

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4495566 - 08/04/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
Quote:

SerioOria said:

Quote:

Chicks are nuts

agreed

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlineblackroselove
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: WYO Flag
    #4495731 - 08/04/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

See what she wants. Then happen to mention it to Jon, if he's alright with it, fine, if not, no.Also, make sure she isn't doing this to get back at jon. And make sure she's doing this because she wants to go out with you, not because she's sad and wants some one to pull around.

Blackie:flaming:

--------------------
BlackieRL:flaming:
BRL:flaming:

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: blackroselove]
    #4495764 - 08/04/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I recently beat the shit out of my best friend that I've known for forever. Bashed his head into the curb, fucked up his jaw. Why? Because I found out that he tried to get on my girl when he got out of jail, when my girl and I were broken up for a couple weeks. He just tried, nothing happened out of it btw. This is the kid that took time for me and went to jail for 2.5 months because he put down a fake name on the report. I have letters the size of a novel that he sent back from county. But once he did what he did, none of it mattered.

Bros/Hos, dont fuck with your friends ex/partners or you'll get retaliation to the max. Once you lose trust in a friendship, there's nothing left.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4495855 - 08/04/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

Only if you get caught. And by then it's too late anyway.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTysonTomko
Stranger
    #4495862 - 08/04/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Quote:

Just to clarify... has he told you its no issue, or are you assuming its no issue because he has a new girl? Because if you're assuming, well you're going to be in for a suprise when your friend finds out.

Even if people have moved on, they will always still feel a little jealousy when they see their ex's with other people, that's just a fact of life. And if the other people are their best friends, well, that's going to cause some serious problems.

If you think having Jon as a friend is more important than getting a little bit of ass, forget about it, and if Nicky calls you up and wants to go out or something, explain to her that you don't think it's a good idea to go out with your best friend's ex. That may seem like common sense, but you'd be suprised how many guys would lie, or just try to avoid her.

Well let me clarify a few things. Jon and Nicky went out for about 2 weeks. Plus he then dumped her. Besides that theres the fact That i have known Nicky for several years and Jon knew her for about a month and a half.

I would consider the both of them to be in my top 5 best friends.

Edited by TysonTomko (08/04/05 04:00 PM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4496016 - 08/04/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

electrode said:
So, you're the infamous beerweed, huh? 

Nice to meet you.

Is this really beerweed?

If it is beerweed it's a god damn honor to finally meet you. :grin:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: blackroselove]
    #4496088 - 08/04/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blackroselove said:
See what she wants. Then happen to mention it to Jon, if he's alright with it, fine, if not, no.Also, make sure she isn't doing this to get back at jon. And make sure she's doing this because she wants to go out with you, not because she's sad and wants some one to pull around.

Blackie:flaming:

I totally agree. This chick is just setting up trouble with you and Jon. Even if you all are bestfriends. Or the chick thinks she can get away with it.

Chicks are nuts. I'm ashamed with my gender sometimes but I just tell myself it isn't all curable and bad. I just try to be a simple, easy going, laidback person myself and try to make a good role model.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4496148 - 08/04/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

umm, your friend dumped her...he obviously doesn't have any feelings for her anymore. she's yours if thats what you want, and she wants.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4496164 - 08/04/05 06:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, it's him.

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Fospher]
    #4496176 - 08/04/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4496185 - 08/04/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hope so.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4496271 - 08/04/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

drgonz said:
Quote:

Fospher said:
I recently beat the shit out of my best friend that I've known for forever. Bashed his head into the curb, fucked up his jaw. Why? Because I found out that he tried to get on my girl when he got out of jail, when my girl and I were broken up for a couple weeks. He just tried, nothing happened out of it btw. This is the kid that took time for me and went to jail for 2.5 months because he put down a fake name on the report. I have letters the size of a novel that he sent back from county. But once he did what he did, none of it mattered.

Bros/Hos, dont fuck with your friends ex/partners or you'll get retaliation to the max. Once you lose trust in a friendship, there's nothing left.

damn, do u beat your girlfriends too?

I would never raise a fist on a girl. Backstabbing friends, however...

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4496492 - 08/04/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If it was some trick, it wouldnt have happened. How would you feel if your best friend hit on your long-time GF behind your back?

I dont really care for explaining myself, all Im saying is that trust is all you really have when it comes to friendships and relationships. Dont lose it.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Fospher]
    #4496599 - 08/04/05 07:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And it wasnt an issue over a chick, it was an issue of trust and respect. I guess I was too naive to trust someone 100%.

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
    #4496622 - 08/04/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineFospher
Male

#4496676 - 08/04/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

drgonz said:
You coulda just said " what the fuck dude"

HAHAHA, because that will solve everything

:whatever:

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4496755 - 08/04/05 08:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

An assbeating teaches a valuable lesson, saying 'wtf, dude' and doing nothing makes you a bitch.

I did ask him why he did what he did before I beat his ass. He denied it, but I know him in and out, I know when he lies, because he does it a lot. Just didnt think he'd do it to me. Like I said, I was too naive to trust him all the way. And when he started lying, I beat him down.

See, when you get your ass kicked, you think: "Hmm, why did this happen? Id rather have this not happen again." When someone says their disappointment, you ignore it.

Anyway, you sound like a real idiot whose trying to get me to get mad or something by making threats over the internet. Im not getting mad at someone possibly thousands of miles away, but you obviously are.

Control yourself.

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
    #4496767 - 08/04/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #4496781 - 08/04/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

To the point of the original post, if she was drunk... definatly don't take it as anything special, she probably just did it because she knew it would make you feel better. (This is how a girls mind works sometimes, the world will never know why). This is also entirely possible if she was sober too, I'd check with her before checking with him.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Jadian]
    #4496802 - 08/04/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:chainsaw:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Fospher]
    #4497044 - 08/04/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:
And it wasnt an issue over a chick, it was an issue of trust and respect. I guess I was too naive to trust someone 100%.

How is it trust? It's some girl you're broken up with. I know when I break up with a girl, someone could throw her to the wolves for all I care. If a friend hooked up with her, I doubt I'd care, especially to the extent of doing severe damage to a close altruistic friend.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Ravus]
    #4498067 - 08/05/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

Fospher said:

How is it trust? It's some girl you're broken up with. I know when I break up with a girl, someone could throw her to the wolves for all I care. If a friend hooked up with her, I doubt I'd care, especially to the extent of doing severe damage to a close altruistic friend.

You wouldnt, I would. I take values and respect and brotherhood to a level most people dont. I would take a bullet for any of my close friends or family, if they got shit with someone, means I would do too. I've been in gangfights(even though Im not a gangmember) because of stupid things my friends did, but nontheless I would back them so they wouldnt get fucked up/killed.

Dont mean to sound cocky - but fuck with me once and get fucked, no one crosses me. I treat people just as I expect them to treat me - you dont get respect unless it's given out.

Go ahead ridicule me, I've got my views, I've got my values.

--------------------

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

#4498249 - 08/05/05 01:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Since you gave permission to ridicule you.

You don't take any psychedelic drugs, do you? I can't imagine someone who has tripped on lsd or mushrooms being such an asshole over a such a stupid thing. You are talking about one of your best friends, someone who even just did jail time for you, and you beat him up over a fuckin girl you weren't even with?

I understand the value of trust, but how does going for your ex break trust? It's fucked up that he lied about it, but how does that merit a beating? You're talking about brotherhood and friendship, I don't think you know about these things. If my friend verbally expressed disappointment in me for something, it would have a great effect and I would be sincerely sorry for w/e it was about. If my friend beat the shit out of me for some stupid shit like that, I would think, "Wow, what an asshole. I don't want to be friends with this person anymore. Let me do that same thing again, just to piss them off" You really think violence teaches a lesson? Did your parents beat you?

--------------------
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

Edited by ChRoNiCk420 (08/05/05 01:01 AM)

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498382 - 08/05/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Since you gave permission to ridicule you.

You don't take any psychedelic drugs, do you? I can't imagine someone who has tripped on lsd or mushrooms being such an asshole over a such a stupid thing. You are talking about one of your best friends, someone who even just did jail time for you, and you beat him up over a fuckin girl you weren't even with?

I understand the value of trust, but how does going for your ex break trust? It's fucked up that he lied about it, but how does that merit a beating? You're talking about brotherhood and friendship, I don't think you know about these things. If my friend verbally expressed disappointment in me for something, it would have a great effect and I would be sincerely sorry for w/e it was about. If my friend beat the shit out of me for some stupid shit like that, I would think, "Wow, what an asshole. I don't want to be friends with this person anymore. Let me do that same thing again, just to piss them off" You really think violence teaches a lesson? Did your parents beat you?

This is the girl of one and a half years, we break up sometimes then get back together. He knew that it wasnt permanent, and did the lowest thing you can do to another friend. How does that not equate to an ass-beating?

Quote:

If my friend beat the shit out of me for some stupid shit like that, I would think, "Wow, what an asshole. I don't want to be friends with this person anymore.

No shit, you just got beat down, cant go buddy buddy after that can you.

Violence can sometimes be the only solution to a potential problem. Case in point:

One time someone said something really hurtful to my girlfriend. So instead of saying anything, I decked the guy in the face. Should I have said: "Excuse me, you shouldnt have said that, those things are her private affairs"

I talk about brotherhood because I did have a bad childhood and grew up in some pretty rough areas. I use psychedelics to figure out errors in my ways, because hallucinogens are very effective guidance. Im still just a kid in a way, Im 18, but I feel that I experienced more than most people have around me. Tripped on L about 15 times, Mushrooms about 60 or 70, 3 times on mescaline. Why, should psychedelics make me passive about my life?

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4498412 - 08/05/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChRoNiCk420 said:
You don't take any psychedelic drugs, do you? I can't imagine someone who has tripped on lsd or mushrooms being such an asshole over a such a stupid thing.

Are you saying Love and Trust are stupid things?

The Hells Angels took LSD too. Mushrooms and LSD aren't some anti-asshole medication. They don't radically change your behavior by implanting love, peace, and understanding into your head. Psychedelics are a tool that can be used and manipulated in many different ways, for many different purposes.

"Violence isn't always evil. What's evil is the infatuation with violence." -- Jim Morrison

Edited by MushmanTheManic (08/05/05 01:25 AM)

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4498635 - 08/05/05 02:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

They don't radically change your behavior by implanting love, peace, and understanding into your head.

Speak for yourself.

Fospher, you didn't mention that you guys break up and get back sometimes, that changes things somewhat. I don't know what I would do in this situation, but I can't see myself beating up a friend over anything. I'm not going to get into it right now, but due to insights I gained through psychedelics, nothing ever makes me angry like that.

Quote:

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

-Salvor Hardin (Isaac Asimov, Foundation)

--------------------
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

Edited by ChRoNiCk420 (08/05/05 02:03 AM)

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#4498648 - 08/05/05 02:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm a big fan of the "fuck it" mentality. I don't care enough about most shit to want to hurt anyone. Someone tries to hurt me, I'll damn well try to hurt them right back, but honestly shit doesn't upset me.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498656 - 08/05/05 02:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If I was him I'd come back, mace you til you were blind, and beat you with a bat.

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4498659 - 08/05/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Or bat you until you were blind, and beat you with a mace.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Jadian]
    #4498667 - 08/05/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That doesn't work as well.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4498670 - 08/05/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
If I was him I'd come back, mace you til you were blind, and beat you with a bat.

Hahaha. Mace is for pigs and girls.

:inlove:

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#4498673 - 08/05/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's not true at all, a mace is much better weapon.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498677 - 08/05/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

and people who want to beat up blinded assholes.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498699 - 08/05/05 02:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
and people who want to beat up blinded assholes.

Shut up, bitch! I thought Id share personal experience to answer the guy's question. Dont like it, fuck off, want to judge what I did, then give me structured criticizm not petty ignorant comments.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498706 - 08/05/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:
:bitch:

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm saying if someone did that to me I'd mace the shit out of them and beat their ass when they're blinding laying on the ground.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498707 - 08/05/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChRoNiCk420 said:
Quote:

They don't radically change your behavior by implanting love, peace, and understanding into your head.

Speak for yourself.

Fospher, you didn't mention that you guys break up and get back sometimes, that changes things somewhat. I don't know what I would do in this situation, but I can't see myself beating up a friend over anything. I'm not going to get into it right now, but due to insights I gained through psychedelics, nothing ever makes me angry like that.

Quote:

Cool, you would take a passive approach to it, I wouldnt. You dont know what you would do in this situation, yet you're judging me?

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498708 - 08/05/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you need to take some reading comprehensive classes or some shit.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498713 - 08/05/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Quote:

Fospher said:
:bitch:

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm saying if someone did that to me I'd mace the shit out of them and beat their ass when they're blinding laying on the ground.

And thats why you are a sally bitch! Like I said, guys who use mace to win fights are pusssiies!

:wink: :grin: :thumbup:

If someone did that to you? Did what to you? Beat your ass for being a backstabbing friend? Read up before you open your mouth

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498717 - 08/05/05 02:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sure, why not. If someone kicks my ass I'm going to come back and mace the shit out of them.

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#4498721 - 08/05/05 02:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd mace them first, pre-emptive strikes are the way to go.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498722 - 08/05/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChRoNiCk420 said:
Quote:

Quote:

Thats what everyone says, yet whenever I bring up a clear example where violence is the solution they say they dont know what they would do (which would be nothing) but wouldnt have resorted to violence. People need to realize that violence is a natural process, you cant avoid it just like you cant avoid any other human instinct.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498726 - 08/05/05 02:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Sure, why not. If someone kicks my ass I'm going to come back and mace the shit out of them.

Take the nonviolent way, but sucker punch when you're being fought, huh?

Not hypocritical at all...

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498731 - 08/05/05 02:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jadian said:
I'd mace them first, pre-emptive strikes are the way to go.

That's what I'm saying.

Step 1: Unload half can of mace into their eyes
Step 2: Punch them in the neck
Step 3: Stomp them til you can't see they face anymore

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498733 - 08/05/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fighting dirty is the best.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498748 - 08/05/05 02:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Fighting dirty is the best.

Welll, whatver. My point here is stated with no one to retort it, but thanks for being a bunch of hostile hypocritical assholes anyway.

Im out for the night.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4498775 - 08/05/05 02:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

goodnight!

--------------------

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

#4498776 - 08/05/05 02:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

People need to realize that violence is a natural process, you cant avoid it just like you cant avoid any other human instinct.

That is definately not true. Read "For Us, The Living" by Robert Heinlein.

Think about it. Human instincts were developed a long time ago. With the changing world, should we not change as well? If you like violence and jealousy, fine. If you don't you can definately condition yourself to not need these types of things.

Did beating him up make you happy? Did it make him happy? Did it make your girl happy? What did you gain? From what I can tell, you lost something. A friend who you had previously considered one of your best.

Here's something to think about. Your friend denies that he tried to do this. You say you know he is lying, but can you think of any conceivable reason that your "best" friend would do something like this to you and lie about it? It all boils down to: who do you trust more? Your boy or your girl? I know of one situation where a friend of mines g/f told him that his best friend tried to hook up with her. It was not true, but he believed her nonetheless, and went through some problems with his friend. He was going out with this girl for a long while, and completely trusted her. Why did she lie? I don't know. I don't understand girls. I would trust my best friend who I knew for forever and just went to jail for me's word over my girlfriend's(specially semi ex) word any day.

--------------------
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

OfflineFospher
Male

#4498807 - 08/05/05 03:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChRoNiCk420 said:
Quote:

People need to realize that violence is a natural process, you cant avoid it just like you cant avoid any other human instinct.

That is definately not true. Read "For Us, The Living" by Robert Heinlein.

Think about it. Human instincts were developed a long time ago. With the changing world, should we not change as well? If you like violence and jealousy, fine. If you don't you can definately condition yourself to not need these types of things.

Did beating him up make you happy? Did it make him happy? Did it make your girl happy? What did you gain? From what I can tell, you lost something. A friend who you had previously considered one of your best.

Here's something to think about. Your friend denies that he tried to do this. You say you know he is lying, but can you think of any conceivable reason that your "best" friend would do something like this to you and lie about it? It all boils down to: who do you trust more? Your boy or your girl? I know of one situation where a friend of mines g/f told him that his best friend tried to hook up with her. It was not true, but he believed her nonetheless, and went through some problems with his friend. He was going out with this girl for a long while, and completely trusted her. Why did she lie? I don't know. I don't understand girls. I would trust my best friend who I knew for forever and just went to jail for me's word over my girlfriend's(specially semi ex) word any day.

Ok, to put it short, I know he lied. My other boy knew it for a fact and so did everyone else, so just take that one as a given. And I definetly lost someone. Maybe I gained a lesson.

You can condition yourself, but it's nearly impossible to condition your enviroment without the enviroment conditioning you.

You keep telling me that there was an alternative, yet not presenting it. So out with it, what is it

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#4498844 - 08/05/05 03:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You could have shot him in the face. That's an alternative.

--------------------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #4498854 - 08/05/05 03:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Spooge (04/01/12 03:54 PM)

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: Spooge]
    #4498880 - 08/05/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"One other thing though...it sounds like she might purposefully be trying to sleep with her ex's good friend, for revenge reasons or something. If that's the case...I wouldn't do it"

that is exactly what i am thinking.  If she does call and wants to hang out, its probably just to have something to throw in his face.  Women are manipulative and abusive like that.  I wouldn't do it personally because I agree with phluck that friend's ex's are off-limits. On top of that it may be that shes going for revenge, which means shes going to try to use you to hurt him.. which would be all bad.  You dont want to be some dumb cunt's pawn.  :wink:

Invisibledr_gonz
    #4499244 - 08/05/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4501143 - 08/05/05 06:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gandhi said:
Quote:

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Hooked up with a girl last night but dont know if was sympathy or something [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4502882 - 08/06/05 02:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you have a fucking awesome avatar :mushroom2:

--------------------
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4502991 - 08/06/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks!  :grin:

OfflineFospher
Male

#4503156 - 08/06/05 03:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

drgonz said:
Quote:

Fospher said:
Im still just a kid in a way, Im 18

That about sums it up right there....

You should have just hacked the guy's head off with a butterknife. It would have made you feel warm inside...

Sums up what Im sorry? My age? Or the fact that youre trying to nitpick at small things to somehow belittle me?

Get off your high horse fuckface, your argument's going nowhere.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4503286 - 08/06/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So back to topic, Tyson, whatever happened with this whole situation.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom