Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineyodabuds
Stranger, andstrangerstill....
 User Gallery
Questions bout 2nd Flush
    #4494274 - 08/04/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hiya,
Hope everyone is doing well and everyones grows are going good. I took my 8x8 poo cake after i picked off all the 'shrooms, and than i filled the pan up with water than I put it in the freezer for bout 10minutes. I than drained out all the water from the pan, than I took some more sterlized casing mix I made up and stuck that around the sides where the cake cam away from the pan, than i put a thin layer ontop of the cake.. misted very well and threw back into my fc. Does that all sound right?
YodaBuds
ps... how long usually for second flush? Alswo arnt second flushes suppose to bring you bigger fruits than the first time around?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Questions bout 2nd Flush [Re: yodabuds]
    #4494301 - 08/04/05 11:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

sounds bout right but if u gunna dunk it you better off dunkin it for a longer period of time, also no need to cold shock, if your casin layer hasnt been distrubed too much then 4-5 days u should have a heap of pins, couple of mine that ive fully wrecked took a lil while longer cos had to reconilinse.
The norm is that 2nd flush will bring bigger but less amount of shrooms. This is not always the case thou. In my experience (BRF only) my first flush is where i get 70% of my total wieght, i usually chuck casin outdoors after 2nf flush as it takes up valueble real estate that could be used for a new casing. Gotta keep that production line going :wink:

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlineyodabuds
Stranger, andstrangerstill....
 User Gallery
Re: Questions bout 2nd Flush [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4494370 - 08/04/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I thought dunking a poo casing would turn it all to mush if left for 12 hours... i remember reading somewhere for like 10 to 20minutes to just rehydrate the cake?!?!? But who knows? Thats why Im asking:)
Yoda

OfflineCheesekiller
Mad Scientist
Male

Loc: Central NY
Re: Questions bout 2nd Flush [Re: yodabuds]
    #4494428 - 08/04/05 12:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like your giving it way too much water to me. My horse poo casing is on its third flush. I did put a moist second casing layer on it after the first two flushes and it started looking kinda dry, and over colonized on top of the layer. Two days later, boomers again!! My casings are putting out anywhere from 10-25g wet ones right now.

As for benkanobi. Your right if you have colonized grains, get the casing outa there and start a new one, but not until your sure there aint any more large flushes on the way. Damn, watch out dunking your poo. Contamination comes directly from too much water!!

Cheesekiller

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation