Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemangudai
Stranger
Great trip, bad long term effects? (salvia 20x)
    #4493588 - 08/04/05 03:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I first heard about salvia from these forums and had to try it. So finally got some after months of trying to find it at different head shops( 2 hours away in Toronto).

Decided I wanted to do it in a dark area with my girlfriend next to me. We go out on my front porch with only a candle in front of me as light. Load the salvia in my bong and take the whole bowl in one huge hit and hold it until I didn't remember what I was doing.

The world just ripped the hell apart for me. The candle turned into a carved pumpkin and I remember thinking my girlfriend was trying to sell it to me. I have a very hard time remembering anything for the first 5 minutes other then allot of being confused at why she was trying to sell me my own stuff and other random things. I don't remember any actual conversation. After-wards I darted out of the porch and into the kitchen where I started laughing inanely and examining everything in the fridge. I then ran over to the couch which I thought was made of sand and wedged myself between the cushions. It then quickly faded at about the 10 min mark but lingering effects of happiness and slight sickness, extreme I mean extreme eye burning for about 20 minutes as well. Smoked some weed, told my girlfriend how great the trip was, and passed out soon after. Here's the thing though, I loved the trip but after-wards I kept feeling really, really depressed randomly in the same way I've known bipolar people to act. Also about 3 days ago I just flipped out while driving and threatened to drive the car into a wall and said very hurtful things to my girlfriend which I didn't mean and normally would never stay. Oh and also paranoid feelings accompany the depression. It's been 2 weeks since the trip, is this normal? Also I am currently on strong anti-depressants and it was my first hallucinogenic trip. ( did 1g shrooms before with only euphoria)

Sorry for being long winded, didn't want to leave anything out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
Re: Great trip, bad long term effects? (salvia 20x) [Re: mangudai]
    #4493806 - 08/04/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It's not "normal", but drug use (psychedelics or similar) is often claimed to bring out mental illness in those predisposed to such conditions. I don't know of any studies offhand, but I've seen that claim repeated enough from respected sources that I assume there's some truth to it.

You say you're on antidepressants. If that's not a new thing since the salvia then you obviously fall under the predisposed category. Perhaps you were headed in that direction anyway and the salvia just jolted your mind enough to push you ahead a bit, or there's always the chance that it's unrelated and the timing is just coincidental?

Regardless, what's happened is in the past. Now you have to work with the present. If it persists it'd probably be a wise idea to talk to the doctor about it, since the suspected cause doesn't change the fact that the symptoms need dealt with. And you'd be best off avoiding mind-altering drugs for awhile, or at least use lower doses. If the salvia did cause / magnify it then you don't want to continue and maybe make it worse.

That said, 20x can kick anybody's ass. If you try it again, try to get your hands on some raw leaf or 5x, or just use the tiniest pinch of the 20x and you might find it friendlier.

Best of luck in getting over that and a better relationship with salvia in the future if you choose to pursue it. She's got a lot to teach, but she can be quite a bitch about it when she feels like it.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Great trip, bad long term effects? (salvia 20x) [Re: GulGen]
    #4493890 - 08/04/05 06:14 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

salvia peaks fast, and runs short.
after a salvia trip for 3-5 days I notice some weirdness.
normally I classify that as good feeling, better body feeling and an option to be more patient with others, but there is some snappiness potential and some out of synch-ness with others as well, a bit spaced - which is why it is just the option to be patient or to snap, being spaced provides options.

I always have trouble driving - my thing is other drivers, I imagine I can sense them and their intentions from the tiniest indications.
Sometimes as a joke, I will tell my passengers which car will lane change or turn left or right long before any intersections or turning indicators.
I think I am operating on very minor motion cues, and it is too much mental processing for the simple act of driving. I get out of a car hungry and tired.

The relationship with your gf sounds excellent.
She cares about you and your stuff, or is reaching you through your stuff.
how funny is that?
selling you what you have, she likes to sell and likes you and what you have. funny. sweet.

I am glad you added that you are using an antidepressant.

it raises the baseline, and is concertive to mental resonance effects, just use less salvia for your "experiences" and learn to manage the next 3-5 days as mergeing back to humanity after a very very short excursions to the other shores of dreamland.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports