Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
Alright everythang is ordered..
    #4492580 - 08/03/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just ordered x4 John Allen and x4 Gulf Coast. I am going to be using to be using Poor mans pod I will have 2 of those. With 18 cakes in each one. I will be using lava rocks and not geolite as well. I am not going to dunk because  at the minute it is not possible to have access to a fridge. So wish me luck I will try to post pictures if I can get a hold of a camera. Any tips would be nice. A question though, when I am incubating the PF jars when should I turn them upside down? I have heard about this and was wondering when I am suppose to do it. Then another thang is when I birth my cakes should I birth them onto the lid of the jar then clean them off with a paper towel then place them onto the lava rocks or should I birth them on the lava rocks? I am asking this because I do not want to handle them that much and cause bruising. Any ideas what I can expect on a yield? :laugh:

Edited by Dankbud134 (08/03/05 10:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alright everythang is ordered.. [Re: Dankbud134]
    #4492629 - 08/03/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmmm....using my invention and growing my fav strain of shrooms hit me up anytime you have questions.  :thumbup:
You can dunk without a fridge.
Just turn the jar up side down and let the cake slide onto the rocks and you'll never have to touch it.
With GC in cake from the averages I've seen are 6 to 9 grams dry.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
Re: Alright everythang is ordered.. [Re: Magash]
    #4492642 - 08/03/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
With GC in cake from the averages I've seen are 6 to 9 grams dry.

Man should just ordered 8 of those :laugh:. Anyways thanks for the reply man and by the way how do you dunk without a fridge? Diden't know you could do that.

OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
    #4492680 - 08/03/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just did the math and thats about a half pound dry hopefully :mushroom2: :cool: That's alot of shrooms for me and my boys to munch on :grin: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

#4492685 - 08/03/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, the fridge is mainly just to cold shock them. 

Good luck on that grow :smile:.

--------------------

I didn't go to college. I went to Ozzy Osbourne University. - Zakk Wylde

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4492742 - 08/03/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just do this but not in the fridge.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
Re: Alright everythang is ordered.. [Re: Magash]
    #4492763 - 08/03/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Alright so I should completely fill them with water and let them sit there for 12 hours and then remove the water from them then birth them in the fruiting chamber right?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4492792 - 08/03/05 11:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow man, wasted lots of money. You should look into doing grain instead of cakes, easy, plus you can do grain to grain trasnfers. Also check out liquid culture, use 1-2 ccs of spores to create 50 more syringes of quick mycelium..no need to order more then one syringe or print of any strain.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
    #4492820 - 08/03/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I realise that I don't need to order all those synrgies but it was preety much free money that I got so I had it to blow. I would do what you said but I'm mostly looking to start right away and start off big or I would do what your asking. Thanks for the comment though and I am reading how to grain as I'm writing this I'll post how I feel about it after I get done but the pics look great nice grow  :cool:

Edited by Dankbud134 (08/03/05 11:07 PM)

OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
    #4492848 - 08/03/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Oh damn www.spores101.com just sent me a email saying that it couldent send me the john allen cause there gone so I guess thats sort of a sign? haha well will I still be able to give all my cakes injections with 4 synrgies I heard people saying that they dont ever get enough from one synrgie to do 10 complete jars...lets hope I can.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4492858 - 08/03/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you want to start big, start with the whole grains. I never touched PF cakes, followed Magashs rye tek and cased them, worked out great..wish I started spawning to poo sooner.

And LC can be done in about 12 days, then make syringes and shoot up jars of grain and they'll be done in 8 days or so, less then three weeks, maybe much less. It can take that long starting from spores to colonize cakes, and then your out of syringes and just got alot of cakes. Only reason to start with cakes, IMO, is if you dont have a PC. Just my opinion though, good luck on whatever you decide..doesnt hurt to take more steps if your so inclined :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
Re: Alright everythang is ordered.. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4492906 - 08/03/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm already too far into cakes or I would defiantly try your method it looks very good and informative. I will defiantly think about switching to it depending on how this turns out.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4492975 - 08/03/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just make sure you follow the dunk and rool and double end case methods then...dont skimp on the verm, the cakes will love it. I think most people yeild less then 6 grams per cake, but you could easily do that or more if everything goes right. Still though, check out the LC's, as I said, you only need 1-2 ccs of spores, then you can make many syringes later so in 2 weeks when your cakes are hopefully done or almost done, the culture will be ready to use on cakes or grain. It will speed the whole process up alot, and it only takes a jar, some water and some light Karo corn syrup...

--------------------

OfflineDankbud134
Stranger
Re: Alright everythang is ordered.. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4493139 - 08/03/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Think I can get a yield of a half pound dry if everythang goes as planned and I dunk them all?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale