Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
FedEx Employees Tip Off Cops About Drugs [KY]
    #4492808 - 08/04/05 01:05 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

FedEx Employees Tip Off Cops About Drugs
August 3, 2005 - wave3.com

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Attorney General Greg Stumbo announced Wednesday the seizure of about 10,000 prescription pills illegally sent to Kentucky from an unlicensed pharmacy in Florida.

Authorities were tipped off after employees at a Lexington FedEx station informed them of suspicious packages. Officials seized 163 illegal drug shipments of hydrocodone, with a street value of more than $100,000, Stumbo said.

"Kentucky now is listed proudly, in my opinion, as one of those states where many of these Internet pharmacies -- these rogue, unlicensed Internet pharmacies will not ship to," Stumbo said at a news conference.

Hydrocodone is a narcotic painkiller, such as the brand-name drugs Vicodin and Lortab. However, all the pills seized in this bust were Lortab, Stumbo spokeswoman Vicki Glass said.

Agents from the Kentucky Bureau of Investigation -- an arm of the attorney general's office -- seized the drugs earlier this week, Stumbo said. The shipments were delivered to the hub over a course of one or two days, he said.

Stumbo declined to offer details about the pharmacy, citing the investigation. But he said Kentucky authorities were working with Florida investigators. There have not been any arrests.

Investigators have determined the source of the drugs, Stumbo said.

"We don't know how many billions of dollars worth of these drugs come in," Stumbo said. "But that was $100,000 worth. That was only a one or two days' shipping sequence for Lexington, central Kentucky and eastern Kentucky. Imagine what it is statewide."

The packages were sent c.o.d.

Stumbo credited a law the General Assembly passed earlier this year aimed at fighting both methamphetamine use and prescription drug abuse. Among other things, the bill allowed authorities to prosecute unlicensed out-of-state Internet pharmacies.

Stumbo called it "the best bill in the nation" in part because it allowed officials to confiscate the drugs sent from unlicensed pharmacies.

"We can confiscate those drugs and take them off the market and hit these guys in the pocketbooks," Stumbo said. "And ultimately, they'll stop sending them into Kentucky."

Fayette County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Larson, who will help prosecute the case, said the Internet has allowed "techno dope dealers" to sprout up.

But prosecutors' goals are always "to try to climb as high as we can in the food chain in the illegal drug market. And we want to deal with these yard birds that are sending the dope into Kentucky."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: FedEx Employees Tip Off Cops About Drugs [KY] [Re: veggie]
    #4492996 - 08/04/05 01:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That's bunk. How the hell do they get a warrant for a "suspicious" package? The system is messed up.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: FedEx Employees Tip Off Cops About Drugs [KY] [Re: veggie]
    #4493044 - 08/04/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

My friend had FedEx knock at his door last week. He was like, i didn't order anything, they were like, nope this is for you. FedEx guy says "buy the way my back isn't doing good can you help me carry it up, it's pretty big" and the minute my friend walked out of his house, cops jumped out and snatched him..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblebwalker
The BodyElectric
Loc: NJ, USA
Re: FedEx Employees Tip Off Cops About Drugs [KY] [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4494050 - 08/04/05 09:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If your friend didn't sign for the package, then they're not going to have much of a case in court. A halfway competent lawyer will be able to effectively argue entrapment--mostly because it was. Then again, you can't expect LEO and its parcel delivery lapdog to tell the truth.

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4494844 - 08/04/05 02:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
My friend had FedEx knock at his door last week. He was like, i didn't order anything, they were like, nope this is for you. FedEx guy says "buy the way my back isn't doing good can you help me carry it up, it's pretty big" and the minute my friend walked out of his house, cops jumped out and snatched him..

What was this friend doing to get the attention of the cops?

--------------------

Male

Re: FedEx Employees Tip Off Cops About Drugs [KY] [Re: pshawny]
    #4495155 - 08/04/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Being a minor ganja vendor. Really minor.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

#4495158 - 08/04/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Minor in the grand scheme of things, not in terms of age.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
    #4497228 - 08/05/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

what charges are they imposing? especially if he said he didnt order anything, i cant see what theyve got on him. and i agree with pshawny, how the hell can they get a warrant for a closed package if theres no smell, or anything to indicate illegal activity??? that would be like getting a warrant to search someones house because a cop drove by and something just didnt "seem right". im getting so sick of the law in this country.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Male

Re: FedEx Employees Tip Off Cops About Drugs [KY] [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4497234 - 08/05/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You misunderstand, and I haven't been clear.

The cops USED Fed-Ex to lure my friend OUT of his house so they could serve him his search warrant outside, so he wouldn't have a chance to flush anything if the police just knocked on his door.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service