Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: when did american culture turn to shit? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4489872 - 08/03/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the truth is that everyone is miserable and people who claim they aren't are just faking so they can judge you and make you feel even worse.

Come on, what are you, 14? Not everyone is completely miserable. It seems like every single post you make is about how other people are either all completely immoral, or evil, or conspiring against you somehow. Maybe if you weren't constantly judging everyone around you, or being completely paranoid, you'd be able to make some real friends.

Culture's as shitty as it always was. There were probably kids in the 20s going "Man, the speakeasy scene is totally lame now".

If you want better culture, make better culture.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: when did american culture turn to shit? [Re: Phluck]
    #4489931 - 08/03/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

If you want better culture, make better culture.

:toast: cheers to that

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
    #4489935 - 08/03/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

-health depreciating from heavy drug use

sounds like thats a personal issue, but i agree with the rest

have fun in the after life, post on shroomery some more if you get the time, chao

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #4489979 - 08/03/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dude, you obviously take my posts waaaaaayyy too seriously.

Invisibleother
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: northern europe
    #4489983 - 08/03/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don?t think it?s not only America or the time we?re living.
Maybe even not the planet we?re living, who knows?
The problem has always been here, seeing maybe more than others.
Find your own way and make things better as much as you can. It may require shooting yourself, but hopefully not.
Your problem is familiar to me, too, but that attitude won?t get you anywhere.

My first post here, greetings from northern Europe and sorry about my bad english.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: when did american culture turn to shit? [Re: other]
    #4490032 - 08/03/05 01:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the perspective of it being shity is always here and there. IMO though, I see that things have always been balanced, only the extremes have grown. We can see where things have gotten real shity all while simultaneously an equally great thing is occuring. I just get angry that sometimes it seems as though someone keeps tipping the scales... chaos ensues (good/bad)... I guess enlightenment is rising above it all and taking it as it comes.

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4490137 - 08/03/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dude, you obviously take my posts waaaaaayyy too seriously.

When nearly every post you make includes something about how you don't trust anyone, it's obviously more than some kind of joke.

You used to make posts about how all women were liars.

You've obviously got some serious issues with trust.

Not that you're going to listen to me at all, but you seriously need help. I'd have to say, out of everyone on these boards, you've got the most transparent neurosis, and it's obviously having dire effects on your social life, and your ability to be happy at all.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Edited by Phluck (08/03/05 03:49 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4490153 - 08/03/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you sound boring.

there is plenty of cool shit out there
you just have to look.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#4490194 - 08/03/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dude, you have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that.

seriously, I'm a nice guy in real life. I come on these boards to be a bad boy. if you don't like what i have to say, the ignore button is right there. no need to get your panties in a bunch.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: when did american culture turn to shit? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4490197 - 08/03/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad I live up here in Alaska instead of America, most of that shit isn'ta  problem up here :tongue:

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4490311 - 08/03/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

if you don't like what i have to say, the ignore button is right there. no need to get your panties in a bunch.

If I didn't want to read your posts I wouldn't. They're often interesting, sometimes the way they're intended, and sometimes because of the strange psychology. I have no desire to ignore you. If you think my armchair psychoanalysis of you is stupid and way off base, then YOU can ignore ME, obviously you didn't ask for my opinion.

I'm just saying, talking about how you distrust everyone doesn't really come across as a joke, and even if its meant tongue in cheek, there surely must be some kind of reason behind it if you talk about it all the time.

If you're a fraction as paranoid and miserable as you make yourself out to be, you really need help. When people question the validity of your fears or your distrust, you always seem ready to defend them, and not in a joking manner... but when someone says you might really need help, then it's all just a big joke.

I used to think you were really an asshole. Some of your posts about how you felt about women absolutely disgusted me, but now it really seems like you've got genuine psychological problems. You're obviously not a stupid guy, you're probably one of the more intelligent people on these boards, but you're not convincing me that it's all a big joke.

I don't doubt that you're a nice guy in real life, but that doesn't mean that you're not seriously neurotic and paranoid, to the point where your risking becoming untrustworthy.

--------------------

Edited by Phluck (08/03/05 03:50 PM)

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #4490342 - 08/03/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Quote:

if you don't like what i have to say, the ignore button is right there. no need to get your panties in a bunch.

If I didn't want to read your posts I wouldn't. They're often interesting, sometimes the way they're intended, and sometimes because of the strange psychology. I have no desire to ignore you. If you think my armchair psychoanalysis of you is stupid and way off base, then YOU can ignore ME, obviously you didn't ask for my opinion.

I don't think that posts about the town conspiring against you, or how you think everyone is greedy and evil make you a bad boy, they make you seem frightened.

Maybe the post where you said that there was some kind of bounty on your virginity, and everyone was scrambling to take your money was a big joke, but you seemed pretty defensive in it.

I'm just saying, talking about how you distrust everyone doesn't really come across as a joke, and even if its meant tongue in cheek, there surely must be some kind of reason behind it if you talk about it all the time.

If you're a fraction as paranoid and miserable as you make yourself out to be, you really need help. When people question the validity of your fears or your distrust, you always seem ready to defend them, and not in a joking manner... but when someone says you might really need help, then it's all just a big joke.

I used to think you were really an asshole. Some of your posts about how you felt about women absolutely disgusted me, but now it really seems like you've got genuine psychological problems. You're obviously not a stupid guy, you're probably one of the more intelligent people on these boards, but you're not convincing me that it's all a big joke.

I don't doubt that you're a nice guy in real life, but that doesn't mean that you're not seriously neurotic and paranoid, to the point where your risking becoming untrustworthy.

SO..... how bout that shitty american culture, eh?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#4490359 - 08/03/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dude, if you really want to have this conversation with me you should take it to PMs, as you are getting a lot of things wrong and I'd rather not have to answer a bunch of pm's from people who have gotten the wrong impression from your misquotations.

why you feel the need to call me out on this in the middle of a 'friendly discussion' forum is beyond me. seriously, what is YOUR problem, dude? I don't believe I've ever confronted you in this way.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: when did american culture turn to shit? [Re: Cowgold]
    #4490367 - 08/03/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It ain't shitty, it's just culture.

I kind of addressed this topic in this thread:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...e=0&fpart=1

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #4490368 - 08/03/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

*scratches head

a moderator too...

GEEEZUS!

--------------------

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: when did american culture turn to shit? [Re: Icelander]
    #4490371 - 08/03/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Poor Doc, so jaded. How long has it been since you walked out into the wilderness alone and spent the night on 7 grams of shrooms?

His dark thoughts would devour him. :lol:

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #4490383 - 08/03/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
It ain't shitty, it's just culture.

I kind of addressed this topic in this thread:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...e=0&fpart=1

I was referring to the title of the thread... I'm sorry to interrupt your psychoanalysis

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: when did american culture turn to shit? [Re: Cowgold]
    #4490385 - 08/03/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
*scratches head

a moderator too...

GEEEZUS!

he's obviously gone mad with power!

:lol:

If I were as obsessive as he is, I would complain.  but whatever.  let the baby have his bottle.  this is probably the closest he'll ever get to feeling superior to anyone. 

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4490495 - 08/03/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Earlier in this thread you were making condescending remarks about people's advice and suggestions, I'm certianly not the one who strayed from "friendly conversation".

I doubt I got "a lot of things wrong" because I only mentioned one thing that was specific. If you're going to make a thread about how you hate life and culture, and you're going to make condescending remarks when people give you advice ("but keep on thinking you're enlightened there. thats a great attitude. see where that gets you."), then you should be ready to get some criticism about your way of thinking.

If you want to turn it around, and try and portray me as "obsessive" because my replies are longer that a couple sentances and I've actually read other things you've posted, have a ball.

All I've done is stated my opinion. If it really is all an act, then fine, having someone call you out on personality traits that you're trying to portray anyways will only help to develop the character, and since you're not actually miserable and paranoid, then you can sleep fine at night and go on living a happy life.

If it's not an act though, I'm just saying get help. You don't have to be as miserable as you make yourself out to be.

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#4490527 - 08/03/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

-can't listen to the radio
the shit they play in Europe ain't much better

-can't watch TV
that's a good thing

-don't go to the movies anymore

people still pay for media?

-bars and clubs suck and are empty anyway because no one has money anymore

No one has money in America?

???
??????????

-refuse to sit outside starbuck's like all other people my age
No one I know sits outside starbucks. Find new friends.

-rock concerts now cost $50 and security is so tight its not even worth it

For what bands?
Most shows I go to range from $7-10 with hardly any security.

-everything on the bestseller list is crap

Then don't buy it...

-news is depressing
News is a reflection of the world. The world is depressing.

-internet polluted with advertising and lame, shitty blogs

I can't remb last time I had a pop up. Also, this has nothing to do with America.

-health depreciating from heavy drug use

Also has nothing to do with America

-sports are boring and pointless
were you picked on in high school?

-air quality/UV rays too poor to go outside

Overly paranoid. Good cop-out that works with hating sports.

-decent video games all beaten 100x over

FPS's keep getting better...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale