Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLethalX5
Male

if i can grow shrooms....
    #4488325 - 08/03/05 01:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

should i be able to grow bud? or is that a whole differnt ballpark?

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: LethalX5]
    #4488337 - 08/03/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

>or is that a whole differnt ballpark?

OfflineSilkSteel
Nomad

#4488349 - 08/03/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Shroomery is to growing shrooms as Overgrow is to growing bud. Go check the site out man. I actually started off trying to grow some bud from a few seeds I had saved up - they ended up being duds and I scrapped the entire project. Coincidentally, I started visiting this site more and learned how to grow shrooms. Now I'm well on my way with the first myc sprouting in my jars.

Growing bud is pretty damn easy though - none of this contamination business where you have to go around sterilzing everything. At most, you'll have to wipe down old pots with some chlorine before you dump some dirt in them and plop in the seed. However, growing shrooms can be much more stealthy than bud. Plants get to be 4ft+ when they are ready to be picked, (and thats for the "stealthy" grows). Growing bud is also more expensive - average seed prices range from 20 to 30 bucks, and can get MUCH more expensive depending on where you get them from and what strain they are. Then you have to think about lighting and electrical issues.. the money adds up fast. So, like I said, check out overgrow.com and see for yourself what its like to cultivate your own little ladies.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: SilkSteel]
    #4488901 - 08/03/05 08:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Growing marijuana is much more difficult and expensive than growing comparable amounts of mushrooms (assuming both are done indoors)

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: lardnar]
    #4488915 - 08/03/05 08:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lardnar said:
Growing marijuana is much more difficult and expensive than growing comparable amounts of mushrooms (assuming both are done indoors)

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4489029 - 08/03/05 09:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lardnar said:

sorry i gotta call BULLSHITagain.
i don't grow weed anymore because i am allergic.
but it is so easy.
finding good seed is what's hard :smirk:

ask Magash :smirk:

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4489046 - 08/03/05 09:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Growing pot isn't the same as growing mushrooms. With 'shrooms, you just use a straw/compost mix. Some compost sucks, I guess, but for the most part bovnie feces and straw gives you excellent results. It's more a matter of sterility and asepsis. Some people measure pH levels in casings, substrates, etc, but most do not. When you are growing pot, pH is a must, as are TDS, EC measurements. It's just another skill that you have to learn and once you've learned it you are gonna do fine. Green growin':) Of course, overgrow.com is the Shroomery of the ganja-growers world.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: deanofmean]
    #4489128 - 08/03/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

deanofmean said:
Quote:

lardnar said:

sorry i gotta call BULLSHITagain.
i don't grow weed anymore because i am allergic.
but it is so easy.
finding good seed is what's hard :smirk:

ask Magash :smirk:

Mushroom growing doesnt increase my electric bill by 3 figures a month (unlike my couple remote ballast 1000W high pressure sodium lights) and bulk substrates (horse poo) are free and easy to aquire (unlike hydroponic nutrients)

Finding good seed is not a problem if you have respect for breeders  :rolleyes:

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Offlineyodabuds
Back for more ....
 User Gallery
    #4489239 - 08/03/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have got to say that now Im in the process of my first flush (picked 40wet grams today) and once upon a longtime ago I grew weed.... I have got to say that the Mushroom experience of growing was FAR EASIER more interesting etc...(cheaper I may add) than was growing weed... Fuck it give both of them a try... My love fore growing isnt to save to money etc... but its more of a spiritual thing of that a drug I enjoy so much I really want to have my own two hands in the process of 'raising' them... Im thinking that it will at least make my shroom experience with these new guys that I just picked even that more special.... Whatever you decide good luck!!!
Yodabuds

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: yodabuds]
    #4489318 - 08/03/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Growing weed is much more expensive and difficult then mushrooms, when growing comparitive weights.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4489690 - 08/03/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

although, as with every hobby, there are cheap ways to do things and there are expensive ways to do things.  I seem to remember a small book came out called pot for pennies.  It was just a guide on how to set up simple hydroponic systems using common products (like soda bottles and shit).  It may not produce those killer yields a nicer setup will get you, but you can still grow pot. 

Ive been wanting to get into herb growing so bad, but, i dont have any connections for seeds.  And there is no such thing as a hydro shop in my town or any town nearby.  And its just way to shady to do an outdoor grow.  Ah well, someday, i waited 4 years to do mushies i can wait another 4 to do weed :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: coda]
    #4489855 - 08/03/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you have to order good seeds from canada... its all about the genetics! you can grow shitty seeds the best way possible but you sill end up with shitty weed...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Re: if i can grow shrooms.... [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #4489907 - 08/03/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Heres an idea.... Concentrate all your energies on getting ounces apon ounces of beautiful mushies, and then trade a retard dealer for herb.  Seems to work for me.  Its way harder to find mushies than herb by me, so i give em the old OPEC  :smile:

--------------------
I tripped and fell into a revolution

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4489919 - 08/03/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
off topic!~

you want this moved somewhere else pm me and I'll move it for you...

but the Mush Cult is for Mushroom Growing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract