Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: ny
fighting the trip and the trip legnth
    #4488340 - 08/03/05 03:23 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ive done mushrooms around 10+ times but the last few times ive done them i did higher doses then all the other times and ice paniced and fought the trip it makes me mad because i know better then to do things like that but anyway the last time i tripped i did them with my good friend. So the trip started ok but then i started freaking out and fighting it and my other friend was calm i tried not to let him see me go crazy so i went downstairs and said i was talking to my girlfriend but i was really just like talking to myself in the bathroom and throwing up i had convinced myself that i would be fine if i just threw up so i did multiple times. That was just information about the trip my actual question is that does fighting the trip make it longer because me and my friend dosed the same amount and i tripped for a good 3 or more very hardly after he repeatedly told me he was perfectly normal and didnt feel a thing. Is this because i fought it if its not did i do something to make it longer.....what do you guys think?

i could die for you
o this life i choose
im hear to be your only go between
to tell you of the sights these eyes have seen
what i really wana do is turn it into motion beauty that i can abuse

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: fighting the trip and the trip legnth [Re: samlernihan1]
    #4488361 - 08/03/05 03:33 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I'd say fighting the trip can give the impression that it is lasting longer.  If you're fighting the trip you're not in a happy place, and the more you try to look for "the safety of soberness" the farther away it might seem, and the longer it might take you to recover from the effects of the mushroom.  Plus, higher doses DO last longer, at least for me.

Really, there's only one tried and true way to bypass any trip-trauma; you guessed it, LETTING GO!  :smile:

Do you mind me asking what happened in the trip you described to trouble you and freak you out?

Trust me, I'm anurse!

Loc: UK
Re: fighting the trip and the trip legnth [Re: samlernihan1]
    #4488528 - 08/03/05 04:26 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's like watching the phone while waiting for it to ring, only 100 times worse due to time distortions!

And yeah, if you dosed higher than your friend it'll last longer.

If you can't handle the added intensity and duration, why are you taking higher doses?

UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: fighting the trip and the trip legnth [Re: Oakbear]
    #4488600 - 08/03/05 05:21 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

He said they took the same amount.

I think fighting it will make you feel the effects more..your buddy also may just have a higher tolerance or not be as open to the minor effects. You need to do some lower doses though, dont go all out, just get comfortable with the experience and learn to relax and accept it. When things go back you need to be able to kick back and just go, its just the mushrooms, relax, and find something to keep your mind busy. Thats very important, or your mind will wander. A good visual movie is good to have on hand. I have Finding Nemo and the Yellow Submarine, always ready to go when I'm tripping, just in case its a bit to intense for anything else and I just need to stare at something to make me stop thinking about whatever. Remembering to smoke pot helps me when I get anxious too.

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience