Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Just made a casing...HELP
    #4487528 - 08/03/05 12:43 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

OK, i bleached my bathroom and filtered the air for a good hour. Sterilized everything, yada yada yada. I cased some S.AM. cakes with 50/50+. I put it in a tin foil pan, and covered it with sran wrap. Now, I have a few questions...
1. I think I need air exchange. If so, should I poke holes in the saran wrap and cover it with tyvek, or replace the saran with tyvek? Or could i hook a air pump up to it?
2. What kind of additional humidity do I need, if any. The casing passed the "squeeze test"

I read up on it all, but some sources recommend different things (humidifier, tub on perlite, ect), so I would like to know first hand opinions or teks you use. Thanks:)

--------------------
I tripped and fell into a revolution

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

Re: Just made a casing...HELP [Re: ThinkPink]
    #4487642 - 08/03/05 12:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

1. You only need some holes spaced out in the wrap for gas exchange, it needs to be re-incubated till the mycellium is even across the casing just below the surface,patch as needed, then innitiate pinning with the 3 triggers (FAE,light,temp drop...)

2. The humidity needs to be around 85-90 rh. I just use a timed coolmist for FAE with some supplemental misting with my misty-mate....

hope this helped some...

Take care n be safe...

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4487643 - 08/03/05 12:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

ive made up 3 sets of casings using the 50/50+ tec and have had good luck with it.. all i did was get a lil pin/needle and poked a hole about ever 2" in the saran wrap and ive never covered it with tyvek or anything like that. then place it back into your incubator.  what kind of setup you using?? just a tub with a lid.. a green house?? the casing will make some heat and humidity itself, ive never used perlite on the bottom of my fruiting chamer or anything like that and my humidity stays over 90%.  if your just using a simple clear tub as your fruiting chamber just take the lid off and fan it atleast 3 times a day after pins form and you should be good.  or read up on the single/double tub tec. my first set of casings i did the faning method then i made up a single tub and i dont think ill ever change :smile: its the easiest method out there in my opion.  GL on your grow man :scaryshroom:

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Re: Just made a casing...HELP [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4487921 - 08/03/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks alot guys, but do I need my coolmist while im incubating? or should i just leave it in the tub with the lid off/on?

--------------------

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#4488012 - 08/03/05 02:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I appologize for any confusion, what I wrote in (2) was for fruiting, not incubation.

You dont need any additional humidity for incubation, it should only need to be there for around 2-3 days (mycellia poking through casing) and you can leave the lid on. When your ready to fruit, patch if necessary and put it in the fruiting chamber. Dont forget to give it a good mistin at that time too....

Leaving the lid cracked will allow light and air to get to it and that could cause early pinning, you dont really want that if your shooting for an even pinset.

Take care n be safe...

InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Re: Just made a casing...HELP [Re: ultralight]
    #4488104 - 08/03/05 02:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks!!!! That really helped, 5 for u

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #4488718 - 08/03/05 07:56 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation