Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebiggglesworth
Stranger
 User Gallery

questions about mushrooms growing in old woodchips and dirt
    #4487392 - 08/03/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i have just decided that i want to start cultivating mushies. i have read a bit about it from documents i found on the net.i live in australia and i pick most of my blue meanies out of old woodchips/bark and dirt. i have recently dug a few of these sections up and put them in a large container at home. see profile pic. i am spraying them regularly and they are definitely growing. is there any dangers involved with doing this until i can take a spore print and start growing on a rice cake or something similar. and also,is there any dangers in actually taking these mushrooms?

I am planning to wire a 12v computer power supply to a 12v car windscreen washer pump. this will be plumbed to a couple of fine mist spray nozzles through a t piece. i will then build an electronic timing circuit with variable time on and time off to control how often and how long mist is sprayed into the container. i think this should do the job for the humidity. i will also set up a timing circuit to control a couple of small lights inside. pretty cheap setup. will i need to incorporate a heater also? i will attach another 12v water pump to drain any water from the bottom of the container ~1-2 times per day run by the same type of circuit. i want it to be fully functional with minimal maintainence.

I would appreciate any tips and growing ideas as this is my first attempt

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: questions about mushrooms growing in old woodchips and dirt [Re: biggglesworth]
    #4488475 - 08/03/05 04:09 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

is there any dangers involved with doing this

Just be sure you know what you are growing before you eat it.

Quote:

is there any dangers in actually taking these mushrooms?

There are risks.

Quote:

I would appreciate any tips and growing ideas as this is my first attempt

The FAQ contains all the information you need to cultivate successfully. You can ask any specific questions here.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation