Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblealtarego
Mail opened en route?
    #447886 - 11/05/01 03:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I just got a package from a Netherlands spore supplier (to remain unnamed) that was clearly opened (accidentally or not) on its way to me. The end of the envelope had been cut through and retaped. I know it happened after it left the Netherlands post office, since the tape was OVER the postage hand stamp.

Nothing was missing.

Should I be worried?

Anyone with a simiar experience out there?

- AE

Edited by altarego (11/05/01 04:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: altarego]
    #447908 - 11/05/01 04:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Nope.

There looking for Anthrax. The fact that you received it shows that your ok. If custom's had a problem with it they usally keep the shit. As long as you didnt have to sign for the package I wouldnt be worried at all.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblealtarego
Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: Jammer]
    #447910 - 11/05/01 04:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Not to doubt your expertise, but how do you know that.

Thanks for the reassuring words.

AE

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #447915 - 11/05/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I didnt mean to sound so arogent.... Naw, I'm just speculating here... it's just that it seems obvious. I have heard many storys of customs keeping spores discovered being shiped to the USA. So, much of my opinion is based on what others have said. I could be wrong, but I still wouldnt sweat it.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: Jammer]
    #447922 - 11/05/01 04:40 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, customs will confiscate your spores, but when they do they usually write you a friendly letter telling you so. You can usually talk them into releasing them to you, but very few ppl are willing to go through that. They usually just re-order.

Anonymous

Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: ]
    #447951 - 11/05/01 05:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Just to clarify though, I do believe the chances of having your spores confiscated by customs is somewhat low. However since 9/11, Im sure the odds have increased.

Invisiblealtarego
    #447965 - 11/05/01 05:32 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

So then it's just paranoia to think that someone checked out the contents, resealed the package and then sent my name and address to an appropriate agency?

Of course, opening and searching a 1st class package is a 4th amendment violation AFAIK.

A little less paraniod,
AE

Anonymous

#447986 - 11/05/01 05:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That's why you should stick to buying spores from vendors in the country where you live. It's just one less thing to worry about. Plus, cost of shipping is cheaper and you get your spores SO MUCH FASTER!

Anonymous

#448205 - 11/05/01 08:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It's a known fact that packages from the Netherlands are checked regularly for drugs because there are so many companies there that mail them, it is legal to do so there.

However, in 5 years of sending packages from Canada to the US, not once has anybody mentioned thier package being opened. I've even gotten a couple returned because of wrong addys and they had crossed the border both ways without being opened.

Offlinesputnik2
Loc: usa
    #448676 - 11/06/01 05:22 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

hello i have had several packages opened that cross the border from s. america only once did they confiscate the material saying it was rotten. got a note stating so. i would not worry to much about it like they stated above order from with in your country for best results peace

--------------------
MJB botanicals
mjb-botanicals.com

Anonymous

Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: sputnik2]
    #448696 - 11/06/01 06:19 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

No, you should not tell people to restrict themselves to ordering from only dealers in thier own country. That will restrict the available products unnecessarily. Sure, packages from the Netherlands are scrutinized, likely from 3rd-world S. American countries as well. But not from Canada. 5 years experience have proven that.

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
    #448722 - 11/06/01 07:12 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Once again, Capt. Max deciding what other people should or should not be saying. Just because a conversation does not fit HIS paricular needs he then tells everybody who will listen that it is wrong. "Captain" stop being so damn selfish and greedy. We are all glad to hear (over and over) that your customes always get their order.But this is not about YOU. This is about ordering across borders in general. No one in their right mind can argue that it is not safer to order within one's own country. It's just common sense.Please find some other thread to spew your agenda filled rhetoric. I hate to burst your bubble, but not everything in these forums centers around YOU! The way you are behaving,is the best advertisement to NOT buy from you.

--------------------
I SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT OF DR. BLUETHUMBS OLD SCHOOL TOADSTOOLS 100%

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: zantac]
    #448727 - 11/06/01 07:20 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Zantac! You need a spank!!

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: zantac]
    #448810 - 11/06/01 09:26 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Zantac, people shouldn't lie or try to mislead others with false information on these forums. Thats not me deciding what people should or should not say, thats just common sense, something you seem to be lacking these days.
And it's just not about borders in genreal it's mroe about a continued smear campaign towards the SporeLab that has continued in 3 or 4 seperate threads. Lets face it, all the vendors are in the US except for the SporeLab in Canada and a couple in Europe so who cares about mail coming from 3rd world countries.

Anonymous

#448818 - 11/06/01 09:35 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It's all about YOU isn't it captain. You need professional help.

Anonymous

#448827 - 11/06/01 09:54 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

No, it's more about you boxtop, you're the one spreading the trash around these threads the last couple days.

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
    #449458 - 11/06/01 08:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

just because a vendor is out of the US doesnt make themany less reliable

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Loc: WAY out there.
Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: fuzzysquirelnuts]
    #449803 - 11/07/01 12:54 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

So what let it go...who cares....(not me)
But to get back to the topic...I useta work at UPS and boxes got broken all the time, it was some guys job to go and re-tape all the broken boxes all day long. Just be glad that no contents fell out before being re-taped, thats why they invented the packing list.
and as for worries of the "authorities", dont, if they were going to do anything they would have done it already
--anima

--------------------
It might be the early bird that gets the worm. But its the second mouse that gets the cheese

Offlinemoxjet20
Loc: santa cruz, magical land ...
    #452449 - 11/09/01 12:46 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

ego, US Customs opening and searching an incoming package from another country is not a 4th ammendment violation. they are perfectly allowed to, and probably did, search your package. however, i doubt that even if they DID know what they were they would send your address to some agency and still give you your spores.. i wouldn't sweat it.

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
what became of subtlety?

Anonymous

Re: Mail opened en route? [Re: moxjet20]
    #452455 - 11/09/01 12:50 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Mox

>"i doubt that even if they DID know what they were they would send your address to some agency and still give you your spores.. "<

What makes you so sure about that?

Leaf

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom