Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
The RandalFlagg self-improvement thread
    #4487201 - 08/02/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have made a decision to try to increase my weight and height. I will post my weekly updates in this thread. I have already started on this endeavor.

My height (in bare feet) is 5 foot 6.5 inches. I am hoping to get up to 5 foot 8 inches (in bare feet)

In order to increase my height, I have bought an inversion table. I have only had this table for several days. I have been using it every day, but I have read that it takes months of use in order for you to see any height increases. After two months or so I might hold on to weights while being inverted to speed up the process.

My weight when starting this whole process was 134.5 pounds. I have been working out and eating large amounts of food for five days. I am now miraculously up to 137 pounds. I am hoping to get to 150 pounds.

I used to be ripped. I worked out a lot and weighed about 140 pounds or so. I didn't use heavy weights, did two sets every day, didn't push myself terribly much, and had a normal food intake, so I was still very skinny but I was very defined. I got lazy though and I stopped working out. All of that definition went away. I lost a few pounds in muscle mass too.

I have decided to gain weight the old fashioned way. I am working out, taking a protein supplement, and I am eating a lot of food. I am one of those skinny "hard-gainer" people that can eat anything and hardly ever gain a pound. So, I need to eat a shitload of food to deal with any physical exertion and to gain weight.

This first week my workout routine has consisted of one big set of a bunch of different exercises just to get myself back into reasonable shape. I am not really pushing myself with these exercises. I am still torn over whether I should do a low weight workout everyday or a very high weight workout every once in a while. I have heard the high weight way is the only way for skinny guys to build muscle. I also got an 80 pound punching bag. After hitting that thing for ten minutes or so my fucking knuckles and wrists hurt! I need to toughen those up. If anybody has any workout or punching bag suggestions, please give them to me.

So, even though I started about five days ago, I am officially starting the process as of right now:

Beginning Week 1 Weight: 137 pounds
Beginning Week 1 Height: 5 foot 6.5 inches

I need your encouragement. Both positive and negative encouragement are appreciated. You can say, "You can do it Randal" and you can also say "Get off the Shroomery and go do some push-ups you scrawny fuck". I need motivation. If my progress is too slow for you as I update you on my weekly stats, feel free to give me a bad rating even.

Also, any input is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: The RandalFlagg self-improvement thread [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4487583 - 08/02/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hell yeah man.
you can do it.

just dont puss out
and start missing days.

keep us updated.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: The RandalFlagg self-improvement thread [Re: RandalFlagg] * 1
    #4487789 - 08/02/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a plan, although I don't think you can increase your height permanently using an inversion table....

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4489112 - 08/03/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well I'll join in with you on the weight-gain part, anyway. I'm not so concerned about my height, even though I am exactly the same height as you (5'6.5) :smirk:

My starting weight 2 weeks ago (when I began working out via bike riding every day) was 120 pounds. I put on almost 5 pounds in the first week. After just over two weeks I am at 127 pounds (all gained in muscle!). I would like to get myself up to 135, but we'll see how feasible that is over the next few weeks...

Beginning Week 1 Weight: 120 pounds
Beginning Week 2 Weight: 125 pounds
Beginning Week 3 Weight: 127 pounds

As for the support...

You can do it, Randall!!! :smile:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: The RandalFlagg self-improvement thread [Re: trendal]
    #4489137 - 08/03/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure if using an inversion table is bettering yourself, given my chronic back problems I would be worried for your sake about permanent damage to yourself

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4489189 - 08/03/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Beginning Week 1 Weight: 120 pounds
Beginning Week 2 Weight: 125 pounds
Beginning Week 3 Weight: 127 pounds

All right! Way to go Trendal. Maybe we can both go to the NE 2006 gathering and wow everybody with our masculine physiques.

Are you doing any weight training? How much are you bike riding? What are you eating to gain weight?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4489231 - 08/03/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No weight training as yet, and I probably won't start any weightlifting. I may start throwing in some other exercises to work on my upper-body strength in addition to the bike riding though. Some sit-ups, push-ups, and chin-ups every evening should help.

I bike to/from work almost every day now, or at LEAST one direction. That's about 15-20km a day, five days a week.

I haven't changed my diet at all, except to start eating a little more due to the exercising. I tend to eat a lot of high-carb foods. Lots of grains (especially rice and corn), milk, a bowl of salad every night I remember, and more sugar than I care to mention :smirk:

So yeah, my diet could probably use some work...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4489242 - 08/03/05 10:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

15-20 km a day? What's that in English? Are you hitting hills and shit? Are your legs bigger and more muscular?

Man...I am fucking pounding meat, dairy, protein mix, and any high calorie thing I can get my hands on. If I ate salad I would lose weight.

Edited by RandalFlagg (08/03/05 10:31 AM)

Offlinescribble
Stranger
    #4489251 - 08/03/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Are you measuring yourself in the morning or at night because I've heard are joints are compressed throughout the day and are slightly shorter at night.

--------------------
Mahayana Buddhist tradition tells how Buddha lived on one hemp seed a day.
This was enough to sustain him during the six steps of asceticism leading to his Enlightenment.
In recent centuries, higher doses have been favoured.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4489276 - 08/03/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

15-20km is in the range of 9-12 miles. The route I take is void of any steep hills, but there are plenty of smaller hills to go over (it certainly isn't flat!).

My legs have noticeably (to me, anyway) gotten bigger over the past 2 weeks. My calves are probably 50% larger circumference from 2 weeks ago, and the muscles in my lower legs have become noticeably more defined :smile:

The first day I rode in to work (10km ride, ~6 miles) I almost didn't make it. It was overly exhausting, had me sweating buckets, and I almost got sick after getting to work (can happen if I overexert myself).

Two weeks later and I can make the same ride no problem. I've shaved 10 minutes off the trip and now barely break a sweat until the last 1/4 of the ride!

I guess when you start out with no muscle to speak of, any strength/endurance gain is pretty noticeable :smirk:

For me the food thing isn't so important. My weight has never depended much on my food intake. I can eat a tonne of high-calorie foods and not gain a pound, or I can eat just enough low-calorie food to survive but not lose a pound.

The only consistent way I've found to affect my weight is by regular exercise - resulting in more muscle mass. Unfortunately I lose all the muscle I put on within within a couple weeks if I stop exercising every day :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by trendal (06/23/06 05:08 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: The RandalFlagg self-improvement thread [Re: scribble]
    #4489285 - 08/03/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scribble said:
Are you measuring yourself in the morning or at night because I've heard are joints are compressed throughout the day and are slightly shorter at night.

Good point. I will start checking that to see if there is a big difference.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4489294 - 08/03/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Unfortunately I lose all the muscle I put on within within a couple weeks if I stop exercising every day :smirk:

EXACTLY!  Us skinny guys have to stay very active or we lose any muscle we have gained and we go back to scrawny mode.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4489303 - 08/03/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hehe, yeah, it's the Curse of the High Metabolism :smirk:

On the other hand, I've known overweight people who would kill to have a metabolism this high!

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4490909 - 08/03/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Randal if you want weight gain. Focus on carbs. Too much protein, besides being hard on the kidneys, is good for losing weight in the absence of enough carbs.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: The RandalFlagg self-improvement thread [Re: Icelander]
    #4491680 - 08/03/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Randal if you want weight gain. Focus on carbs. Too much protein, besides being hard on the kidneys, is good for losing weight in the absence of enough carbs.

I am eating tons of everything. Carbs, protien, dairy, fruits, vegetables, O.J., etc... I am eating like a fucking pig.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4494101 - 08/04/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like fun. :piggy: :borfase:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4495100 - 08/04/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think you should accept your height the way it is. I don't know anything about inversion tables, but it sounds like Ron Jeremy pills to me.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: The RandalFlagg self-improvement thread [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4497019 - 08/04/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
I think you should accept your height the way it is.

Screw that!

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
I don't know anything about inversion tables, but it sounds like Ron Jeremy pills to me.

Ron Jeremy is one of my heroes.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4499106 - 08/05/05 08:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well your hero hocks expensive pills that do nothing for your cock that people still somehow buy into because they are so low on self confidence. You can make your cock longer like you can make your body taller, IMO. But good luck anyhoo.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#4502338 - 08/05/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I hear anabolic steroids do wonders, and they're affordable. Responsibility required of course.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Edited by Viaggio (08/08/05 04:52 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies