Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Loc: Limbo
Out of body experience on shrooms....?
    #4486463 - 08/02/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The other night I tried out a new batch of boomers that I just picked up. When I first got the bag, I wasn?t too impressed--there was a lot of shake at the bottom of the bag and the majority of the mushrooms were tiny (very small caps and stems). Needless to say, I wasn?t expecting too much. I ate a very small amount for me, probably about 1.5-2.0 grams, comprised of a handful of very small caps and a few stems. After that, I proceeded to have a very intense trip, considering the small dose.

Here?s where it gets interesting, though: I tried to go to bed, after about six or seven hours, and had a full-blown out-of-body experience (OBE). It was totally mind-blowing. It?s hard to describe, but it was like I was caught between sleeping and waking consciousness for a very short amount of time (like 30 seconds) and I felt as though I was hovering above my body (I could not feel my body or move at all). I also heard voices and saw a strange light moving in spiral patterns around my room. After about what seemed like 20-30 seconds, I managed to wake-up (or something) and I was totally aware of my body once again. The thing is, though, I?m positive that I hadn?t fallen asleep--I was trying to, but I couldn?t, and then this strange experience happened. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else? I thought this stuff was total BS before, but I swear it happened to me for a split second. Crazy shit! I?ve done boomers about 40 times and I?ve never had anything like this happen before.

Lesson here: Don?t judge the mushrooms by their size!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: Out of body experience on shrooms....? [Re: drloomis82]
    #4486902 - 08/02/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That is amazing for such a low dosage!

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Re: Out of body experience on shrooms....? [Re: BurnOneDown]
    #4486917 - 08/02/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know! And it happened well after the peak! I just can't seem to wrap my mind aroind this one... I will say that I have a new-found respect for mushrooms now.

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

#4487975 - 08/03/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When I was a teenager, I used to have OBEs quite a bit. They are way, way more intense than any shroom experience I have ever had. There really is no comparison. If they had a drug that produced reliable OBEs with clear thinking like I used to have, I'd be all over it. The best they got like that is K which doesn't lead to clear in thinking, just OBEs.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4488080 - 08/03/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome man!  Geez, those mushies are full of surprises.  :grin: :mushroom2:

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #4491244 - 08/03/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Aborts are simply the best.

McKennaDMT  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Out of body experience on shrooms....? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #4491364 - 08/03/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hells yeah, the smaller the stronger i say. I had a lvl4 off 6 fresh cubie pins. one of the hardest trips ive ever had and not nearly the largest dose.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4491504 - 08/03/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

nice.

its usually a good sign when you get a lot of shake. kicks in faster and harder than the larger mushrooms.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinehannabinol
Dr.
Loc: East Coast Canada
    #4609529 - 09/01/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Very interesting... I've been studying this phenomenon and have found numerous different sources for substantiated information. One man in particular is Robert Monroe. He started to have OBEs without drugs in his early 40s. He was a sound technician and through years of experimentation he patented a binaural audio method to reliably enable people to shift levels of consciousness. This led to many mental possibilities, not the least of which are OBEs.

Check out: http://monroeinstitute.org/

Edited by hannabinol (09/01/05 06:23 PM)

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Re: Out of body experience on shrooms....? [Re: hannabinol]
    #4618773 - 09/04/05 06:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hannabinol: Check out the book "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce. If you're interested in OBEs it's a heavy-duty text.

Offlinefelix4life
Sky
    #4618981 - 09/04/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with drloomis82, that is one bad ass textbook but if you want to get straight to the point then get Robert Bruce's newest book: Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide To Out-of-body Experience

http://www.astraldynamics.com/

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4619093 - 09/04/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i had an obe on a fuckload of dxm once... thought i was dead.. i was looking at myself laying on the floor, very freaky. never on shrooms though...

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: Out of body experience on shrooms....? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4620624 - 09/04/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
i had an obe on a fuckload of dxm once... thought i was dead.. i was looking at myself laying on the floor, very freaky. never on shrooms though...

Yeah my only OBE was also on DXM. My friend and I were both tripping on it and I thought he had fallen asleep. I layed down in my sleeping bag and planned to sleep as well, but a little after shutting my eyes i could see the room we were in as if i was floating up above by the ceiling fan. I saw myself lying there and my friend as well. Then I saw him sit up in his sleeping bag, which was weird because i didnt hear any rustling. I watched him sit upright in the dark for a moment, no doubt tripping pretty hard. I then returned to my body and proceeded to sit upright as well. From my view it was pitch black and too dark to see anything, but when I was floating above I had seen the room in better light, so I knew he was there. I reached out and touched his shoulder and said his name. He replied and then I got up and turned on the lights and we talked about it for a bit.  :weirdeyes:

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom