Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now
    #4485661 - 08/02/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ann Coulter has been recorded admitting that the media is now right wing. I would like to hear your comments on this......

Ann Coulter - "We have the media now"
304kb / :38

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: Learyfan]
    #4485670 - 08/02/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ha, brilliant quote and pic :wink:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4485675 - 08/02/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ann Coulter is nothing but an imflammatory figure who knows nothing but how to make people angry. Her book titles are perfect examples of that.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4485699 - 08/02/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You took it out of context and cut it off. "I think it's a better Senate than we had then and we have the media now"........cut. Maybe she meant that we have the media now to counteract the left wing loonies in control. She most certainly did not definitively say that conservatives control the media and only someone who doesn't read the NYTimes, the most influential newspaper in the world, would think conservatives control media. They are so far over the cliff liberal they have taken to apologizing for it (see Public Editor position). The same can be said for the WaPo, CBS, ABC, LATimes, Boston Globe. Deliberately cropping quotes to suit your obfuscatory agenda.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4485756 - 08/02/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I just want to know if you would "do" her if given the chance and in what position...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4485757 - 08/02/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ann Coulter is an entertainer, not a political commentator. I'm always amazed at how seriously people take her.

She simply says the most inflammatory things possible because it sells books. People on the right either find her funny, or if they're retarded, completely agree with her, and people on the left either find her funny, or if they're retarded, get really pissed at her and are compelled to read more to keep tabs.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: Phluck]
    #4485778 - 08/02/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

True, but should she be on a NEWS channel?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: Swami]
    #4485786 - 08/02/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't call Fox News an actual news channel. It's more of a sanctuary for conservative pundits.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: Phluck]
    #4485799 - 08/02/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Say what you will about Coulter, but give her credit for getting the facts straight.

Yes, she lays those facts out in a deliberately provocative manner and laces her commentaries with a generous helping of personal opinion, but from what I've read of her stuff since hearing about her a couple years ago I've not ever seen her caught in a mis-statement of fact. I will however admit I have read none of her books, just a lot of her columns, so I imagine it is not impossible she may have made a factual error or two in some of her many books.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #4485807 - 08/02/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I just want to know if you would "do" her if given the chance and in what position...

yes and doggy, so i could donkeypunch her stupid ass.  :rotfl:

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: Phred]
    #4485816 - 08/02/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Coulter is not honest, that much is obvious (at least to me). I give her the benefit of the doubt, though, b/c I don't take her seriously.

http://www.anncoulter.blogspot.com/

Check that page, there's links to a bunch of sites analyzing just one of her books.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4485823 - 08/02/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
Ha, brilliant quote and pic :wink:

I don't understand what you mean?  Her quote was brilliant?

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You took it out of context and cut it off.  "I think it's a better Senate than we had then and we have the media now"........cut.  Maybe she meant that we have the media now to counteract the left wing loonies in control.  She most certainly did not definitively say that conservatives control the media and only someone who doesn't read the NYTimes, the most influential newspaper in the world, would think conservatives control media.  They are so far over the cliff liberal they have taken to apologizing for it (see Public Editor position).  The same can be said for the WaPo, CBS, ABC, LATimes, Boston Globe.  Deliberately cropping quotes to suit your obfuscatory agenda.

Well, I don't have the rest of the quote, so I guess I'll just have to take your word on that.

Quote:

Swami said:

I would definitely do her in multiple positions.  Speaking of doing her, Bill Maher made a comment about that in his HBO special "I'm Swiss" on Saturday.  He mentioned that Ann was his friend and was met by "boos" from the crowd.  He said "Yeah, I know, but she's a completely different person when she's cumming".  :lol:  He followed that up by saying that he was just joking, but I wonder. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4485825 - 08/02/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ann Coulter is a dumb, vile slut. And if I was a conservative, I'd deny her existence. She's a nutcase.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #4485958 - 08/02/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Leary,

Something interesting about Ann, if you haven't heard it before: she's apparently been to like almost a hundred Grateful Dead shows. Thought you might get a kick out of that.

:flowerchild:

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineDeepDish
Stranger
    #4486057 - 08/02/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, she lays those facts out in a deliberately provocative manner and laces her commentaries with a generous helping of personal opinion, but from what I've read of her stuff since hearing about her a couple years ago I've not ever seen her caught in a mis-statement of fact. I will however admit I have read none of her books, just a lot of her columns, so I imagine it is not impossible she may have made a factual error or two in some of her many books.

Please tell me that you made this statement to be funny. Otherwise it would be quite ironic, considering two weeks ago you went on a massive tirade about how much you despise dishonest writers.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4486133 - 08/02/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Say what you will about Coulter, but give her credit for getting the facts straight.

From the link that was posted earlier: http://www.anncoulter.blogspot.com/

Quote:

Regarding the War On Terror, on page 5 and 6, Coulter makes the accusations that ?n lieu of a military response against terrorists abroad and security precautions at home, liberals wanted to get the whole thing over with and just throw conservatives in jail? and ?[l]iberals hate America, they hate ?flag-wavers,? they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam (post 9/11). Even Islamic terrorists don?t hate America like liberals do.?

Now, this is the kind of tactic she uses. By not actually specifying anyone, she broadly portrays all liberals as filled with hatred for America and conservatives. While I've never heard anyone but the most lunatic conspiracy theorists claim that there should be no military response against terrorists, and that conservatives should be jailed, she acts like this is the normal liberal viewpoint. It's not a direct lie, because its so vague, but it's 100% bullshit. This is how she operates.

She rarely goes so far to make any specific statements about anything. This allows her to write rambling, illogical tyrades, while avoiding any accusations of slander because she attributes completely fabricated opinions to "liberals" instead of specific people.

Then you get things like this:
Quote:

In Slander, Ann Coulter writes, ?So which women are constantly being called ugly? Is it Maxine Walters, Chelsea Clinton, Janet Reno, or Madeline Albright? No, none of these. Only conservative women have their looks held up to ridicule because only liberals would be so malevolent.?

You'd have to be completely blind to have missed the jokes about Janet Reno and Madeline Albright. In fact, those two women are probably the most ridiculed for their looks out of any women in politics that I can think of. The statement doesn't make any sense, but again its vague enough that its difficult to prove wrong.

Quote:

Addendum: Partial transcript of Hannity & Colmes, June 25, 2002. Interview with Ann Coulter

Colmes : [ Quoting from Slander, pg. 5] ?New York Times columnist Frank Rich demanded that [Attorney General] Ashcroft stop monkeying around with Muslim terrorists and concentrate on anti-abortion extremists.? You referred to a particular column that Frank Rich wrote. He never said that in the column. He never said that Ashcroft should stop monkeying around. I can?t show you what he didn?t say because he didn?t say it. It wasn?t in the column.

Coulter: Yes, he did. I mean, I do know what the column says. No, I wasn?t quoting him precisely?

Colmes: I read it today.

Coulter: That is an accurate paraphrase?unlike his quotes of me, I might add, which are, I can show you how they are deceptive. But, no, he was specifically saying, here just so the viewers don?t have to go to the trouble of looking it up. He was specifically complaining that Ashcroft was not meeting with the head of Planned Parenthood when he was purporting to investigate terrorism. That is true and you can?t deny it.

Colmes: That?s not what you said?

[Hannity interrupts and begins to interview Coulter]

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: Gijith]
    #4486172 - 08/02/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:
Something interesting about Ann, if you haven't heard it before: she's apparently been to like almost a hundred Grateful Dead shows.

THAT'S where I saw her before! She was passed out in a pool of vomit with her skirt up around her shoulders and a bottle of Evian between her legs. Oh-my-God, that was classic!

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #4486269 - 08/02/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I've not ever seen her caught in a mis-statement of fact

How about when she swore up and down that Canadian Military sent troops to Vietnam?...which we most certainly did not.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4486410 - 08/02/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think ann coulter is seriously hot and i wanna bang her....politically she is a fucking lunatic

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Ann Coulter admits that media is right wing now [Re: Rono]
    #4486426 - 08/02/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

man i never noticed but she has quite a large adams apple hahaha, maybe i wouldnt do her.  :rotfl:

http://www.rawilson.com/images/coulter.jpg

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder