Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeric123
Stranger
A few questions
    #4486214 - 08/02/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I really want to try mushrooms...jsut want to know some things before i do

1.) What si the best kind to take? The safest and what does it look like
2.) Is an 1/8 a good amoutn to take? I want to have a good trip
3.) Do they need to be dried out to work? Can I crush them up and drink them with water? Thats it.. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineduggan18
Stranger
Re: A few questions [Re: eric123]
    #4486241 - 08/02/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1. I don't know cause im a noob.

2. Most people start out with an 1/8th or less. There's been a few polls on this site. Most people recommend eating a gram dried or so, wait an hour, eat another gram or however much you like, because everybody reacts differently to different amounts.

3. You can eat them dry or fresh. You can drink them in water, orange juice, anything you want.

4. You should probably do some more research first...check the FAQs on the site and read all of the threads that might have something important to noobs like you and me inside :wink:

Offlineeric123
Stranger
Re: A few questions [Re: duggan18]
    #4486271 - 08/02/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok thanks iv ebeen reading over some stuff...ill probably jsut take 1/8 and if think i woudl want more affter an horu then i'll decide...don't want to trip to much though on my first time....anyways thanks for the tips

One more question....if i drink them do i want them really ground up or jsut in small pieces

Edited by eric123 (08/02/05 04:43 PM)

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #4486296 - 08/02/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i won't recomend more than 2 grams for your first trip. An 1/8 of good muhies can be pretty intense for a first trip. You can eat fresh or dry mushies just take into consideration that dry mushies are about 10 times more potent by weight. for example: 10 grams fresh = 1 gram dry. i would def recomend that you do A LOT of reading before you dose. The more you know the better.

--------------------
:goose:

OfflineGamera

Loc: Nonlocal
    #4486312 - 08/02/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Question 1 is almost unanswerable. First, I'd be very surprised if you had a choice of a variety. If you are buying them "on the street" you'll be almost certainly be getting some cubensis variety, but beyond that its impossible to tell. As far as identifying them by site, thats also going to be almost impossible - take a look at some of the pictures on this site to get an idea of what they will probably look like.

Question 2 - Potency varies a lot. An eighth of an ounce could be mild or it could knock you on your ass. Probably somewhere in between unless your source knows what they are doing. My first trip was 2 grams and it was pleasant and mild. I would just make sure you have a nice place to do them and no obligations. I my experience, initial mushroom experiences are almost uniformly pleasant with a good set and setting.

Question 3 - they don't need to be dried but an eighth of an ounce fresh is next to nothing, you wouldn't even feel it. You want and eighth dry.

You can eat them however you want. A lot of people bitch about the taste but I love it, just chew 'em up whole.

--------------------
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.

Arthur Schopenhauer

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4486316 - 08/02/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No, if you are totally new to shrooms, I wouldn't eat an eighth your first time.  That can be a powerful or overwelming dose even for a seasoned tripper.  *Do not* underestimate these little mushrooms!  ESPECIALLY since you don't know the potency of what you are buying!

Don't mean to come down hard, it's all your decision, but the introduction to mushrooms will be smoother for you if you start low and exercise some caution. 

My advice: Take a gram and a half your first time, that's 1.5 g's.  That's a perfect dose for a first-timer.  After you take a dose at that level you will have more understanding about the experience and what you can tolerate.  You DO NOT want to take too much your first time with absolutely no idea of what is happening to you.  That is a recipe for disaster.  You'll have the rest of your life to dose higher.  1.5 is a great recreational dose. 

EVEN MORE important then dose, is set and setting.  Make sure your sober life is in order before you trip.  Make sure you're in a positive mindset before you trip.  Make sure that you will be tripping in a SAFE place where you can be all tripped out without worrying about it.

And lastly, READ all you can before you take the plunge!  Read read read and even then NOTHING can prepare you for the experience itself.  :smile: Check out the tripper's FAQ in my sig. 

The Shroomery's here if you need us!  Our goal is to help people have successful trips (whatever 'successful' means to each individual).  I also suggest you think candidly about your motivations for tripping, and what you hope to get out of it. 

Safe travels my friend!  :heart: :mushroom2:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4486328 - 08/02/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eric123 said:

3.) Do they need to be dried out to work? Can I crush them up and drink them with water? 

Like previous posters have mentioned, just eat 'em up.  :smile:  The shrooms (if you're buying dried from a dealer) should be cracker dry with no mold.  It's common to find dark blue/purple discoloring or staining on the shrooms.  This is caused by the psilocybin oxidizing and is no worry.  Your shrooms might have a little white fuzz on the stems, that is mycelium and should go down the hatch with the rest of the mushroom. 

I eat my dried shrooms with peanut butter.  Other people blend the shrooms into a glass of orange juice and drink that.  There are all sorts of ways you can consume them, but the tried and true method is just pop in mouth, chew and swallow.

Offlineeric123
Stranger
Re: A few questions [Re: MOTH]
    #4486337 - 08/02/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OK...thanks

My friend who has done them twice said he took 1/8 the first time..thats why i asked....I have been readin through the forums and faq's all day and I plan to read alot more before I take them..thanks for the advice

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4486374 - 08/02/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You can still do an eighth and have a fantastic time.  :smile:  Some people love the intensity.  But because you've never done them before I feel more comfortable recommending a lower dose to start with, at least to familiarize yourself with the effects.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate