Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Frozen Yogurt
    #4485771 - 08/02/05 04:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I don't have an ice cream maker, so I'm going to see if i can make frozen yogurt by blending vanilla yogurt with ice. I hope it works. I'll update later with details.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: Frozen Yogurt [Re: Redstorm]
    #4485776 - 08/02/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It'd take more time but I'd just freeze the yogurt.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4485779 - 08/02/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Try putting yogurt into your ice cube tray. Once frozen, you can blend it into soft-serve consistency.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4485788 - 08/02/05 04:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What I have been doing lately is taking the lowfat yogurt containers and putting them in the freezer and eating that for breakfast. I am trying to diet. They are actually pretty good that way. My diet consists of one of those yogurts for breakfast a can of soup for lunch and a lean cuizine thing for dinner. Im hoping to loose some weight that way. Been doing cardio as well. Just need to stop the beer is all now.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Frozen Yogurt [Re: Trav]
    #4485790 - 08/02/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'mm throw the container of yogurt in the freezer. When I get home from work, I'll add some berries and blend it up.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4485889 - 08/02/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Recipe for Tao's Special Frozen Yogurt:

1) Buy yogurt

2) Put in Freezer

Enjoy!

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Frozen Yogurt [Re: Tao]
    #4485896 - 08/02/05 05:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Does that really work?

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4485909 - 08/02/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well yea it works for freezing the yogurt. lol it wont be like the soft serve yogurt you get at the ice cream shop though. But I like it that way.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Frozen Yogurt [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4485927 - 08/02/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'll probably blend it a bit to make it softer, plus to puree in some fruit.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4485951 - 08/02/05 05:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quantum - You don't lose weight by starving your body of proper nutrients. That is unhealthy to begin with and most who do that end up putting on more weight in the long run. The cardio is very good, but I suggest you eat three to five small meals through the day with lots of vegetables and fruit and whole grain. And lots of water. Otherwise you are only hurting yourself by not getting all the right vitamins and minerals.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Frozen Yogurt [Re: Shroomism]
    #4485979 - 08/02/05 05:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was hoping you would respond to that shroomism. I understand you know alot about nutrition and such. I don't really like much vegetables unfortunately but I think I could choke them down If I have to. I like broccli and peas and green beens thats about it. I don't care for carrots or sallad. Maybe I should just start to learn to like it. I mean fuck If I used to be able to drink robitussin to get high I can eat a salad to be healthy. What would a typical days diet be that you would recommend? Thanks for your advice.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4486033 - 08/02/05 05:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well basically the best advice is to eat a diverse diet. Restricting yourself to the same thing everyday not only gets boring but a diverse diet is generally healthier too. There's no cut and dry rules.. if you don't like a vegetable, don't eat it. But keep in mind that there are many kinds of vegetables, so try new stuff. And some things you may not have liked before, you may like now, or you may like if prepared in a different way.

Basically just try to eat food in its raw form as much as possible. If you have to cook it, do it in a way that you wont lose all the nutrients through water.. like PCing, steaming, stirfry, or soup. Don't peel anything unless you have to.. just wash it. Especially carrots, potatoes, cucumber, etc.

Eat raw nuts of all kinds, whole grains like oatmeal, rye, wheat, etc. Legumes like peas, beans of all kinds.. wild and brown rice.. pasta, And as much fruit to your liking.

A typical day could be like oatmeal and fruit and yogurt for breakfast, vegetable salad and nuts and rice for lunch, fish and veggies and potato with skin for dinner. Fruit and nuts and grain throughout the day for a snack. whatever. You don't have to starve yourself.. eat well.. just eat healthy.
Just plan meals around grain.. figure a 50% grain diet.. and work around that.
Combine grains to get complete proteins: rice/beans, tofu/rice, pasta/beans, peas/rice, bread/beans, cereal/soy milk..
You will not want to be eating very much meat. Especially the red kind. Fish is good. Stay away from fried/processed things, and refined sugar. Honey is a very good substitue.

Also don't forget to drink plenty of water. It will help shed the weight and keep you feeling in good shape.

A diet like this will keep your body full of life giving nutrition while at the same time cleansing the system of toxins. Lots of fruit, lots of water :laugh:

If you want more detailed info or help I would be obliged.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4486038 - 08/02/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quantum - You don't lose weight by starving your body of proper nutrients. That is unhealthy to begin with and most who do that end up putting on more weight in the long run. The cardio is very good, but I suggest you eat three to five small meals through the day with lots of vegetables and fruit and whole grain. And lots of water. Otherwise you are only hurting yourself by not getting all the right vitamins and minerals.

Dude listen to this guy... I was gonna say the same earlier but figured it was no use cause few believe the eat more often diet.

it works seriously though, the healthiest way.

I do this and have been on it for 2 years. the first six months I lost 50lbs. I weighed 242 and dropped to around 190... I'm still at 190 but have been to 180 and have slowly added muscle mass in the last year. PM me and I can give more helpful info... I know how hard it is to find good nutritional info with everyone trying to make a buck.

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Edited by Cowgold (08/02/05 05:36 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Frozen Yogurt [Re: Cowgold]
    #4486073 - 08/02/05 05:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That's awesome :thumbup:
I've never experienced losing weight, as I've had a super fast metabolism my whole  life.. I can literally eat anything as much as I want and never gain weight... but I also learned how eating bad can wreak havoc on your system even if it doesn't appear as fat. Nutrition is made out to be this hugely elaborate, complex thing.. but it's really not. Natural nutrition is simple and basic.. and everything we ever need for it is provided in the plants and minerals growing abundantly almost everywhere on Earth. Unfortunately our modern society has driven a convoluted wedge between us and natural foods, maintaining this phallacy of dietary supplements, processed-dekernalized-partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, trans-fatty acids and monosodium glutamates. When really everything the body needs for perfect health is found in perfect amounts, naturally, in natural foods.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #4486078 - 08/02/05 05:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Instead of 3 meals a day, eat 5-6 smaller ones and drink lots of water. It'll kickstart your metabolism and get foods digested and nutrients distributed throughout your body faster.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Frozen Yogurt [Re: Jadian]
    #4486081 - 08/02/05 05:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

And on that note I have to say I am partially addicted to liquid nutritional protein supplement drinks :tongue:

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4486121 - 08/02/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I don't drink cokes without crown and I drink about 2 gallons a week of milk. I hope I don't get kidney stones...

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4486124 - 08/02/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well thanks for your replys guys. I will give it a go and Pm you guys if I have any further questions. Thanks again.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4486126 - 08/02/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

ouch.. try soymilk at least

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Community >> The Pub