Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineduggan18
Stranger
Bad shrooms?
    #4484169 - 08/02/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, a couple months ago I tried shroomies for the first time, and me and my friend both had about an eighth dried each, in tea. We both had about a level 1 trip according to the site. I was wondering if I did something wrong?

- I grinded up the shrooms to near-powder about a week before i ate them

- Put them in tea thermous for 30minutes before drinking

Those are the only two things that i can think of that might have caused a problem. I'm planning on doing them again tomorrow, the same amount from the same dealer (couldnt find anyone else). Anything that I might want to do differently?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleactionshroom
RookieMycologist

Bad shrooms? [Re: duggan18]
    #4484247 - 08/02/05 03:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Again from the same dealer??? Don't you learn? lol... No, but I dunno. I can't really think of anything that you did wrong. Ask the guy if thye're from the same batch.

Offlineduggan18
Stranger
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: duggan18]
    #4484269 - 08/02/05 03:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well i'm giving it 1 more shot with this guy, if its the same shit again i'll go on a mission and find someone else :P

i'm sure hoping that they aren't the same batch, it's been like atleast 2 months, so i doubt it. he told me the other day he sold 4 8ths (a half?) to his friend and they split it between 5 people and they all tripped. so im crossing my fingers :P

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4484340 - 08/02/05 04:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:26 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4484664 - 08/02/05 08:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

They damn well should have tripped.

I'd bet, the guy just is growing on shitty substrate, so weak shrooms. But be carful, everything could have changed in the last two months and the guy could have upgraded to manure, in which case the shrooms will be alot more potent. Id try again from the same source, same dose, and see what happens.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineduggan18
Stranger
    #4484793 - 08/02/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok thanks guys. yeah im taking the same dosage and so is my friend. the guy im getting them from doesn't grow them himself. only reason i have him as a dealer is cause he gave me the sickest weed i've ever had this one time, and good shit from there on. he's probably just trying to expand past weed :P

i'll ask him next time i talk to him where he gets em from and if they're the same. im taking them today so i'll let ya'll know how it goes later tonight.

Edited by duggan18 (08/02/05 09:35 AM)

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4484797 - 08/02/05 09:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
If you're really worried about these shrooms, skip the whole tea thing, put a forced grin on your face and just eat'em dry, the only way you could screw up with that is if you choke, in which case, and if you choke on a shroom, you've just proven that even in a society where the less capable are protected and given equal opporunity, natural selection still finds an opportunity to make a statement every now and then  :biggrin:

lol...

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Offlinelucas86
mushroomenthusiast andcultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forests of Wisconsin
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: TheHook]
    #4484897 - 08/02/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

funny quote. if i were u i would look for a straight dealer man.

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: lucas86]
    #4484928 - 08/02/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Eat this batch of mushrooms with a pint or gallon of Oj... and smoke some weed, you'll trip for sure

Offlineduggan18
Stranger
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: l33tmouse]
    #4485695 - 08/02/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

l33tmouse said:
Eat this batch of mushrooms with a pint or gallon of Oj... and smoke some weed, you'll trip for sure

yeah i didn't smoke weed last time, and i saved some good shit for this time so it should be good. ......but why so much orange juice? rofl

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4485723 - 08/02/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
They damn well should have tripped.

I'd bet, the guy just is growing on shitty substrate, so weak shrooms. But be careful, everything could have changed in the last two months and the guy could have upgraded to manure, in which case the shrooms will be a lot more potent. Id try again from the same source, same dose, and see what happens.

My kids have never used any manure in any of their indoor grows but their shrooms have always kicked ass. There are many other factors that I would look at before blaming the substrate, such as storage, drying technique, handling of fresh shrooms, etc.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4485738 - 08/02/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well substrate is the main thing that effects potency, so thats what I look at first, then conditions so thats second.

Funny, I always thought my shrooms kicked ass before I tried manure.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
    #4485773 - 08/02/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

have you thought of growing your own and becoming self sufficient?

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#4485795 - 08/02/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've had manure grown shrooms. I've bought shrooms from the head shops in Holland. I've had shrooms grown naturally in the fields. Sure, some were more potent than others, and that would be the cultivated ones. It's the close regulation of environmental stimuli along with proper substrate that makes shrooms more potent. All cubensis mushrooms are grown with manure in their natural setting but most of the time they are not as strong as cultivated shrooms, including ones grown without the aid of manure.

Quote:

Funny, I always thought my shrooms kicked ass before I tried manure.

I'm not just posting my opinion without any experience.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4485842 - 08/02/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And my manure grown shrooms are extreamly potent, every time..which means that my manure and/or conditions are quite different then the shops in Holland, and the outdoors. As I said, environment is a close second, and must go hand in hand with HORSE and WORM manure (in correct ratios with other ingredients), not just any manure, particularly ones high in nitrogen which mushrooms turn into tryptophan. A high rate of grain spawn in the manure is also an important thing when growing with manure, most commercial operations use 1-10% spawn, not enough IMO. In the fields there are none. And we wont even talk about UV rays breaking down psilocybin or that they dont usually grow from horse dung that has been properly aged and supplimented with nitrogen and grain.

I never said your opinion was without any experience, however it does not seem to include the experience of growing with horse manure yourself, adding all the right things to the bulk, and providing all the right environmental conditions.

Reguardless of all this, my post was kept simple, talking very simply, because this isnt the Cultivation Forum and all of this is off topic to the poster since he'll have no knowledge of what went wrong since he's to far down the chain. I said ID BET it was just shrooms that were grown "crappily"...because on cult forum thats usually peoples problem.

I didnt go on from there because this isnt the place for it and the poster likly doesnt give a rats ass, and no one will ever be able to tell exactly what went wrong because there are many variables, like the other things you mentioned, which effect potency. My whole point in posting was to give my opinion that they should try again and keep it at the same dose.

Alot of people get bunk shrooms, then the person fixed what they were doing wrong, then a few months later they go back to the same place, eating double expecting the same potency and are SORELY upset when they come to relize the shrooms they jst ate are far more potent then the first, and they doubled their dose. Can we try not to focus on the small comment I made besides that?

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#4485936 - 08/02/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Substrate will not change the potency enough for most novice trippers to notice.

In my humble, educated opinion.

That, sir/madam, is my point, good bye.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4486024 - 08/02/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh ok then.

Substrate (and environment) WILL change the potency enough for most novice trippers to notice.

In my humble, educated opinion.

That, sir/madam, is NOT my point (since its off topic), but it is my view, good bye.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4486041 - 08/02/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

^^ man i dunno about that, if a novice tripper requires 3 gms to get to a lvl 3 trip on normal substance, but only 1.5 gms to get to the same level on poo shrooms, id say that would be a pretty noticable difference to even the most novice of trippers.

Some people think potent shrooms are ones that make you see pink elephants and rainbows, i think potent shrooms are the ones where you only have to take a small amount to reach the trip you want.

I think your opinion def is one of its own, id say at least 80% of the people ive read grow logs, and cultivation tips, notice a huge difference in potency btwn normal substrate and poo substrate. Then there was the post of agar's noting the use of nitrogen to increase potency, so, i agree with scat. The medium directly correlates to the strength of the mushrooms. I think this goes for pretty much any plant or fungus. The more nutrients they get, the stronger they become. Basic botany.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

#4486095 - 08/02/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You ground up your shrooms in a fine powder and let them sit for a week? You should grind them up right before you use them and otherwise store them in glass. I think that grinding them so early combined with possibly poor tea proceedure could lead to significant potency loss.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Offlineduggan18
Stranger
Re: Bad shrooms? [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4486227 - 08/02/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FreedomFight said:
You ground up your shrooms in a fine powder and let them sit for a week? You should grind them up right before you use them and otherwise store them in glass. I think that grinding them so early combined with possibly poor tea proceedure could lead to significant potency loss.

thanks. i grinded them up a week early and kept them in a small container. but yeah, i guess i'll find out in a couple hours anyways :P its getting kind of painful waiting for my friend, ass has a damn guitar lesson in the middle of the day.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds