Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Postal Security 101
    #3788497 - 02/16/05 08:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

By The Mushroom Growers Guild

Disclaimer
This text is provided for informational purposes ONLY. It is not our intention this information be put to use. Should you decide to try anything listed in this text file; you do so at your own risk! We at The Mushroom Growers Guild will not be held responsible for your actions!

Preface
There are times when you need to get items through the mail. This poses a security risk as a valid address must be given to receive the items you want. This file is intended to provide you with an understanding of how to set up Postal delivery points that are difficult if not impossible to trace. As with any security you implement there is a trade off. You are trading reliability and quickness of delivery for security.

Four basic delivery addresses
Post Office Box: The average Joe will not know who you are but the Post Office and Government will!
Non-Post Office PO Box: Requires ID's to get, so depending on how you set it up, they may, or may not know who you are.
Drop Addresses: Very secure, No trace of who got the mail, disposable, and easy to change. It does require some work.
Mail Forwards: Commercial, costly, and traceable.

Post Office Box:
If you have ever gone down to get a post office box you know they require 2 forms of ID. They want a state photo ID and a second form of ID. Although you can get forged/fake ID's there is the issue of it being a federal crime, in the US, to tamper with the mail, and the Post Master does go after people for it! A PO Box is easy tractable to the owner and should not be used to receive illegal items or questionable items. It does work for hiding your identity from the average Joe you trade with but treat it like your home address and be causous about who you give it to.

Non-Post Office PO Box:
Non-Post Office PO Boxes are a step up from a standard PO Box. They still require 2 forms of ID but are a little more lenient on the types of ID's they take. Because the guy behind the counter is normally a minimum wage employee, he is less likely to care so long as you make the payment. They are also more open to distraction which can give you the opportunity to make some "Mistakes" on the form that go unnoticed.

Ok, so how do I get one that is not in my name?
Step 1 is to find out what they will take for a photo ID. You can simply call them and ask. They are more than happy to tell you the forms of ID they will take. If you have a form of ID in mind, Lets say a student ID, Ask them if they will take a student ID as the photo ID. I called one and got the answer "If your photo is on it, Ill take it!" It was interesting because I got that one with the ID that the local Go-Cart track issues (The Go-Cart track only asked "What name would you like on your Go-Cart drivers license?").

So where do I get an ID that is not in my name?
The most common places would be Go-Cart tracks, The "We Cash Checks, No-ID needed!" places, and making one. That?s right, making a photo ID is easy with your computer, a digital camera, a good printer, and a few other items. Ill go over ID's later in this file.

Step 2 is to get your ID's together! Photo ID, and 1 non-photo ID. The non-photo ID is normally a library card, a letter addressed to you, or some other document that has your name on it or the name you want the box in.

Step 3 Take a friend with you when you go to get the box. You friend is a distraction. Have him ask questions, fiddle with stuff and distract the guy while he is checking your form. With a little distraction you can get just about anything past him.

Step 4 PAY IN CASH! Do not pay with a check or Credit Card. Both are traceable! Only pay for 3 to 6 months. When the time is up on the box go to a different place and open a new one, there is no need to keep the box for to long.

You should note that most of these places have cameras so they will have a record of what you look like. Some require that the ID be photo copied some do not.

On a side note, you can try bribery. Remember the guy behind the counter is probably making minimum wage. Try filling the form out as Ulysses Grant and when he asks for a photo ID simply hand him a 50$ bill. (Note: Grant is the face on the 50$ bill) when you hand it to him tell him that you have shaved since that picture was taken and smile at him. There is a good chance the 50 will go in his pocket and he will accept it as an ID.

Drop Addresses. I have heard them called dead drops, drop houses, mail drops, etc. The general Idea is a location where you can get the mail. The most common would be vacant houses, forwarded address, non-existence addresses that still have a mail box, or social engineered addresses.

One of my favorite to use is a vacant address. A house that is vacant is a great place to get mail with no one knowing who is picking up the mail. These addresses take some work. First you have to find a vacant address. You then have to make it look like some one lives there. This means mowing the lawn, picking up the trash from the yard and cleaning out the mail box. The real danger is that some one will move in while you are waiting on a package. I have used vacant addresses many times and they work great! You can get anything from mail to UPS packages delivered to the address and when you are done with it you can walk away and there is no way to trace who picked up the packages.

Forwarded addresses, this kind of address works but some times the postal person misses a package. You simply get a change of address card from the post office and fill it out for a given name on an address. Any mail sent to that address is then forwarded to your address. The forward only lasts 6 months but when it is done there is little to no paper trail leading to you. I have known people who have set up forward's on up to 10 addresses. A letter sent to the first address is forwarded to the second, and then forwarded to the third, etc. It makes it difficult to find where the final destination is. This works well on vacant houses and apartments. NOTE: You can put a change of address on an address that is out of state! So the whole US is a valid place to look for a forward address.

Non-existence addresses, when I was a kid I lived in the country. Down the street there was a house that burned down. All that remained was a mail box on the street, next to it was a dirt driveway that led back behind some trees. It was the perfect address to receive mail. If you can find one use it! These are hard to find and worth there weight in gold!

Social engineered addresses, I am sure you are wondering what "Social Engineering" is. Well to put it simply it is a Bull Shit address, convincing some one to do something for you by lying to them. I know many people that use this method because it works so well. You start by calling some one out of the phone book and telling them that a friend, lawyer, etc has sent you a very important document in the mail and mixed up the address. They will be receiving this mail in the next week or so and you were wondering if they would be so kind as to hold it for you and let you come by and pick it up. If they ask how you got there number (Most Do not) you can say you looked it up on the internet. To contact you, you can give them a disposable e-mail address
(One time use address, Hotmail, Yahoo mail, etc.) Or you can get a voice mail box for them to call. It is amazing how many people will be nice enough to hold the package for you. Older people are more willing to help than younger ones. When you pick up the package you should dress like a Joe blow off the street. The more inconspicuous you are the less they will remember you should some one cone looking for the person that received the package.

Mail forwards (Commercial and friends): There are commercial mail forwarders around; I do not personally like them as they are traceable, expensive, and not the best method of getting mail. If you have a friend you trust you can have the stuff sent to that address then pick it up from him, or have him put it in an envelope and mail it to you. This works well but make sure you trust the person!

ID's
As I stated earlier some of the methods for getting a mail drop will require an ID. It is some times good to have an ID in a name that is not yours. So making a good ID, is a way to get a photo ID with out that much hassle

Photo ID's: You will need a home computer, digital camera, a good printer, art software, ID laminate, and an iron. To start you want to decide what kind of ID you are going to make. For Ideas you can go to google.com and search for ?ID Cards" then select Images at the top. You will get pages of different ID cards to look at and work from. Once you have an idea for an ID card lay it out in the art software, add your photo and print a sample. Take your time, the better the card looks the easier it is to use. You should note that if the card contains a date of birth or an age, By LAW it must contain the words "NOT A GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT" printed in bold lettering on the face of the card. I like to use student ID's and Work ID's as they can be just about anything. Once you have a nice layout and are ready to proceed. Print a copy, cut it out and laminate it. Place it in the laminate, put the laminate between the cardboard that came with the laminate, and iron it with a hot iron. It will seal and look like a professional ID card.

NON-Photo ID's: These are easier to come up with. They can be as simple as a letter addressed to the name on the photo ID or a library card. (Most libraries only require a letter delivered to you as an ID to get the Library Card) Other forms of NON-Photo ID's are birth certificates, Social Security Cards, and Diplomas.

Let?s start with a birth certificate, these are easier to get than most think. If you know the first name, last name, and Mothers maiden name, you can get just about any ones birth certificate. Simply contact county records for the county they were born in and request a copy "Because you lost your copy" Most have a 5$ or 10$ fee and mail it out to you.
If you would like to make one you can simply do a search on google and use the examples you find. As to seals you can order them at the office supply or on line at www.nic-inc.com. If you go this route it is best to photocopy it and have a notary notarize it. They will just look at the original, look at your ID, and stamp the copy. That makes it as good as the original!
Social Security cards are another easy one to come by. Most malls and Flea markets will have a place that makes metal ones. They have become popular and are easy to get. No need for an original.
Diplomas can be ordered on the internet, or you can look up a college and make one on your computer. I have used fake diplomas many times. They are easy and fun to make. Heck, give your self a BS in Social Engineering just for fun.

Edited by Cyber (02/16/05 08:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: Cyber]
    #3797525 - 02/18/05 08:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cyber said:
Forwarded addresses, this kind of address works but some times the postal person misses a package. You simply get a change of address card from the post office and fill it out for a given name on an address. Any mail sent to that address is then forwarded to your address. The forward only lasts 6 months but when it is done there is little to no paper trail leading to you. I have known people who have set up forward's on up to 10 addresses. A letter sent to the first address is forwarded to the second, and then forwarded to the third, etc. It makes it difficult to find where the final destination is. This works well on vacant houses and apartments. NOTE: You can put a change of address on an address that is out of state! So the whole US is a valid place to look for a forward address.

If it's hard to trace th final destination, how do they get your mail to you there?

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: MeatSpace]
    #3797573 - 02/18/05 08:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The post office does not have good intercommunication's. The post office with the first forward does not know that the next post office it is sent to is forwarding the letter some where else. If they do not know who you are, they must take it one step at a time. Each step leading to another forward.

OfflineStroomer
Stranger
Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: Cyber]
    #4482703 - 08/01/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What are the median rates for for an Post Office Box, Non-Post Office,Drop Addresses and etc?

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: Stroomer]
    #4485224 - 08/02/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

median? as in the exact middle price? Or you looking for the mean?

OfflineMrSkwid
eat candies
Loc: under the sea
Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: Liquidkick]
    #4488185 - 08/03/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

great post cyber, definetaly very informative.

i would like to hear your thoughts on what you felt the best shipping methods are for getting packages to a destination without being noticed. like how to package inconspicuous parcels, and which method (overnight, expidited, etc) or any other tricks you have on that front. i have also heard that shiping companies check the frequency of packages going to all adresses and wanted to know what the best system is to avoid being flagged.

some may call it social engineering, i call it jedi mind powers. regardless, you are a true master.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: Stroomer]
    #4493915 - 08/04/05 04:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

median rates for what?
More specific please?

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineStroomer
Stranger
Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #4494034 - 08/04/05 06:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

to maintain an PO BOX... I'm looking to open one up.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Re: Postal Security 101 [Re: MrSkwid]
    #4503295 - 08/06/05 07:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MrSkwid said:
great post cyber, definetaly very informative.

Thanks

Quote:

i would like to hear your thoughts on what you felt the best shipping methods are for getting packages to a destination without being noticed. like how to package inconspicuous parcels, and which method (overnight, expidited, etc) or any other tricks you have on that front. i have also heard that shiping companies check the frequency of packages going to all adresses and wanted to know what the best system is to avoid being flagged.

Just send it. I have never heard of them monitoring frequency. If you are worried about it, have the person hand write in pen "E-Bay Auction # xxxxxxxxxxx" on the front of the package. I get lots of packages from E-bay auctions that are legit. I personally would not worry about it. Just send it as you would any other package.

Quote:

some may call it social engineering, i call it jedi mind powers.

:lol:

Nice!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies