Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVex
Stranger
fox news bias
    #4484323 - 08/02/05 04:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know there have been threads about this before, but i saw something tonight that i wanted to point out. I was watching fox news tonight and their anit-liberal/democrat bias was so blatant to me that i wanted to get a conservatives view on it.

Ok, i forget which show it was but they were about to go to commercial so they cut to the one anchor (not a pundit) that pops up before and after commercial breaks to give you little blurbs of stories. Anyway he was giving you the scoop on the upcoming stories and this is a pretty accurate paraphrasing of that: (said in a sarcastic manner) Al Gore, he invented the wheel, then fire, the internet, and we're pretty sure penicillin too. now he's about to unveil his new tv channel...etc etc...Now to me it seemed like the only point of them even mentioning Gore's project was to make fun of him and take a shot at him. This is supposed to be a major "fair and balanced" news network, and now they seem to think they are the daily show. I know alot of you seem to think that all news networks are biased EXCEPT fox but i just can't think of any examples of the other channels being this blatantly biased against a person. For example, NBC has never made fun of Bush's inability to talk. Fox news (aside from some pundits who called him whacko jacko) was less biased against michael jackson than they were against al gore. Anyways, it was a clearly biased potshot from a fox anchor accompanied with a story that had no substance at all.

Then later (same scenario) The guy was talking about jimmy carter and he asks the viewers something like "Is it time jimmy carter just shut up?" Almost like it was about to be a fox news opinion poll or something. Now, i can understand this sort of thing from some of the pundit shows, Oreilly, Hannity and Colmes...that's what that sort of show is about, but this was the "anchor". He's the one who's supposed to be unbiased and he's not even attempting to pretend he's neutral.

so my question is, how can you watch this and think that it's the least biased news channel? It blows my mind. Sure other news channels have a liberal bias, at least in the political leanings of their staff, but the reporters and anchors on NBC or CBS at least try to act professional about it instead of cracking jokes about people in an attempt to discredit them before they even run the story, and i've certainly never heard a anchor or reporter say that reagan or bush of any other republican should just "shut up"

The bias on Fox News Channel is mind boggling. Ming boggling because i can't understand how some people can't seem to see it. It also seems very unprofessional, and often times, immature.

Anyways, did anyone else see what i'm talking about? And also, does this occur daily on Fox News?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: fox news bias [Re: Vex]
    #4484345 - 08/02/05 04:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

> This is supposed to be a major "fair and balanced" news network, and now they seem to think they are the daily show.

It isn't just fox news... every major news media outlet is going tabloid... both left and right.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: fox news bias [Re: Seuss]
    #4484482 - 08/02/05 07:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

FNC is my favorite news channel. I do think they tend to present both sides of the issue better than any other channel, and that is why I think they are the most balanced. It is refreshing to see conservative viewpoints displayed, unlike the other networks that have given me a daily dose of liberal bias for decades. One of the things I like about Fox News Channel is that they report and I decide.

And the thing I like best about FNC? They have finally got liberals to admit that media bias exists.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4484688 - 08/02/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fox has some good points....They do seem to present opposing views more than other networks. But, the blatant Right-leaning bias is shrill and unbearable at times.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: fox news bias [Re: JesusChrist]
    #4484696 - 08/02/05 08:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:
FNC is my favorite news channel.  I do think they tend to present both sides of the issue better than any other channel, and that is why I think they are the most balanced.

:rofl2: :rofl: :lolz0rz:

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: fox news bias [Re: Silversoul]
    #4484832 - 08/02/05 09:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Paradigm, you tell me a more balanced network. You get to pick from ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, the BBC and CNN. MSNBC doesn't count because nobody watches it and few apparently know it exists.

If you think my comment is funny, why don't rank the networks it terms of presenting both sides of any given issue. Am I really off the mark? Who do you favor?

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4484842 - 08/02/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:
Paradigm, you tell me a more balanced network. You get to pick from ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, the BBC and CNN.

I'd say all of the above.

Quote:

If you think my comment is funny, why don't rank the networks it terms of presenting both sides of any given issue. Am I really off the mark? Who do you favor?

I think they're all full of shit, but Fox News' shit stinks worst of all. I have observed bias in CNN, ABC, et al, but I usually have to observe closely to find it. Fox's bias is blatant and in-your-face that to call it "news" is a disservice to the term.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #4484846 - 08/02/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Rupert Murdoch owns Foxnews and Newscorps which is a media giant owning media outlets book publishing deals. He has a habit of self promoting books through news. Such as offering Amber Frey money for a book deal and than showcasing her on every stupid show on the network. He also owns Harper Collins publishing giant that created swift boats vets for truth.

Its just entertainment i dont even know how you can call it news anymore.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #4484849 - 08/02/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fox news airs liberal viewpoints. Before the advent of Fox News, you would never hear a conservative position on the major news networks. What makes FNC appear so different than the other networks is that they actually adress both sides of the story.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#4484862 - 08/02/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thats true they have Alan Colmes... and Alan Colmes, and uhh Alan Colmes. Thats three i can name off the top of my head.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4484871 - 08/02/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:
Fox news airs liberal viewpoints.

That's like saying that because you air Bin Laden videos that you air Islamic viewpoints. I've seen some of the "liberal" commentators on Fox, and it's just so damn coincidental that they always seem to find the most retarded, air-head liberals they can. CNN, on the other hand, regularly features intelligent, articulate conservatives like Pat Buchanon, Robert Novak, and Tucker Carlson, and has done so for longer than Fox News has been around.

Quote:

What makes FNC appear so different than the other networks is that they actually adress both sides of the story.

Bullshit. They address the red herring arguments of the stupidest liberals they can find, in order to make it look like conservatives are vastly more intelligent and informed.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4484881 - 08/02/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There isn't a liberal bias in the media.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #4484888 - 08/02/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The problem of stupidity doesn't rest with the liberal talking heads, it rests with the liberal ideas themselves.

Fox News Channel is the #1 name in news. It is a conservative network in a conservative country. We like our President to be conservative. We like our Senate to be conservative. We like our House of Representatives to be conservative. We like our Supreme Court to be conservative. And God Dammit, we like our news to be conservative.

May God Bless America. I am a God fearing, flag waving, country loving American. God Bless America, and may God Bless the Fox News Channel. Fair and Balanced. They report, and you decide.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it pal. America was given a choice to liberal media, and Americans have taken that choice in droves. It is choice and freedom that make our country great. In that way, Fox News makes America great. WOO HOO! God Bless America!

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4484891 - 08/02/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

By "we", you mean the 51% of Americans who voted for Bush, right?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4484903 - 08/02/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Before the advent of Fox News, you would never hear a conservative position on the major news networks.

Uh... unless you count, say, fiscally conservative viewpoints.

I think some people have trouble differentiating between a lack of bias, and a bias that they agree with.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fox news bias [Re: Phluck]
    #4484907 - 08/02/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Plus, he's just lying anyways.

I'm pretty sure that before Fox News, there were conservative political analysts with enough face time to get their point across.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: fox news bias [Re: Phluck]
    #4484912 - 08/02/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Before the advent of Fox News, you would never hear a conservative position on the major news networks.

Uh... unless you count, say, fiscally conservative viewpoints.

I think some people have trouble differentiating between a lack of bias, and a bias that they agree with.

amen.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: fox news bias [Re: Redstorm]
    #4484914 - 08/02/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

AMERICAS NEWSROOM!

THE #1 NAME IN NEWS!

WOO HOO!

Suck my wake.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4484915 - 08/02/05 10:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fox snooze is as robotic and predictable as any 'liberal' media outlet. Why only present two sides? Fox news, like the other major media outlets, decides which two scripts the viewers get presented with - hardly an objective means of presenting information. From their two choices, you are corralled into developing a well managed opinion. You might as well have a discussion as to if you prefer licking a jack boot on right foot or a jack boot on a left foot - it still tastes like shoe leather to those who procure their own mental sustenance.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4484927 - 08/02/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:
The problem of stupidity doesn't rest with the liberal talking heads, it rests with the liberal ideas themselves.

Spoken like a perfect Sean Hannity clone.

Quote:

Fox News Channel is the #1 name in news.  It is a conservative network in a conservative country.  We like our President to be conservative.  We like our Senate to be conservative.  We like our House of Representatives to be conservative.  We like our Supreme Court to be conservative.  And God Dammit, we like our news to be conservative.

So you admit Fox News has a conservative bias?

Quote:

May God Bless America.  I am a God fearing, flag waving, country loving American.  God Bless America, and may God Bless the Fox News Channel.  Fair and Balanced.  They report, and you decide.

They decide, you concur.

Quote:

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it pal.  America was given a choice to liberal media, and Americans have taken that choice in droves.  It is choice and freedom that make our country great.  In that way, Fox News makes America great.  WOO HOO!  God Bless America!

Fuck Yeah!  Git r done!  :rockon:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order