Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will?
    #4483433 - 08/01/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you do then in what circumstances do you think that violence is justified, acceptable, or necessary?

I am a tad bit strange on this subject. Violence is natural in our race and it should be prepared for in my opinion. I respect the human race's right to well-being, freedom, and prosperity. But, I also view the use of extreme violence as an acceptable form of force against those who have wronged you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrahmanandam
Seeker

Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4484052 - 08/02/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i am a firm believer in karma. i am not worried about those who have wronged me being brought to justice by the balanced universe. i believe in situations such as self defense is violence justified. however justified, it is a much greater action to deny impulsive reactions and restrain from violent actions, even if it means your own demise.

--------------------
Brahmanandam, parama sukadam kevalam gyana murtim. Dwandwa ti tam. Gagana sadri shyam, tatwa-ma-sya dri lak shyam. Ekam nityam, vimalam, achalam. Sarvadhi sakshi bhutam. Bhava ti tam triguna rahitam.
SAT GURUM TAM NA MA MI.

GURU LORD, I BOW TO THEE.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4484396 - 08/02/05 05:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hunt or be hunted.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: Adden]
    #4484401 - 08/02/05 05:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i believe violence should be the very last resort to anything but if its the ONLY way to solve the problem sure why not.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: PreparationH]
    #4484408 - 08/02/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone should live in peace and I'll KICK YOUR ASS if you disagree!  :whack:

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4484484 - 08/02/05 07:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Use violence better than your enemies.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4484924 - 08/02/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If you do then in what circumstances do you think that violence is justified, acceptable, or necessary?

Any circumstances where the reward you get from the violence is greater than the losses you suffer.

Talking about whether something is justified, acceptable or necessary when your country is being taken over or when you have a gun pressed to your head is useless. Like the rest of life, if humans can expand and conquer, then they will expand and conquer, else they will die off.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: Ravus]
    #4485166 - 08/02/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Violence is a waste of human potential. Self defense is needed though. I think martial arts should be taught in elementary school and students should be required to pass it to graduate. If everyone knew self defense someone committing an act of violence would think twice.

Organized violence is the bane of humankind and the worst sin by far. Only mindless, warmongering barbarians hunger for it. Anyone with half an ounce of sense can see you can achieve much more for the betterment of all by working together than destroying each other. Sadly this is lost on alot of people.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: Sycronica]
    #4485900 - 08/02/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sycronica said:
Organized violence is the bane of humankind and the worst sin by far. Only mindless, warmongering barbarians hunger for it. Anyone with half an ounce of sense can see you can achieve much more for the betterment of all by working together than destroying each other. Sadly this is lost on alot of people.

Only the cowardly and weak repress their instinct for war.

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing, and dancing, sooner than of war."

--Homer

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: looner2]
    #4486039 - 08/02/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What the fuck would an ancient Greek philosopher know about war? He had no clue about what war would be like now and was bound on all levels by his cultural sense of honor and tradition.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: vampirism]
    #4486832 - 08/02/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

First off, he wasn't a philosopher, he was a poet. Second of all, human nature does not change.

--------------------

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4487168 - 08/02/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Only for animals.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: looner2]
    #4487249 - 08/02/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
First off, he wasn't a philosopher, he was a poet. Second of all, human nature does not change.

He was an ancient Greek, so he probably had a little bit of the "gay" in him.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
    #4487483 - 08/02/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I like to "people watch" on threads like these where all the testosterone laden schmucks with small penises emerge to flex their "manly" urges to kill everything. Often, a comparison of gun collections follows. I find it all rather amusing and pathetic.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: unbeliever]
    #4487553 - 08/02/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
I like to "people watch" on threads like these where all the testosterone laden schmucks with small penises emerge to flex their "manly" urges to kill everything. Often, a comparison of gun collections follows. I find it all rather amusing and pathetic.

:rotfl:

I only have one gun.  Here it is:

Actually my original premise was not intended to be a macho display at all.  I view violence as a natural response to certain stimuli.  I think we should recognize this and prepare for it.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: unbeliever]
    #4487661 - 08/02/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:

I like to laugh at hippies who think they're above reality. Evidently, anything mortal must fight for its continued existence; violence is simply one of many natural manifestations of this fight for survival.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
    #4487827 - 08/02/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Quote:

Sycronica said:

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing, and dancing, sooner than of war."

--Homer

When Homer lived sleep, love, singing, dancing and war was about all there was to human existance. Life is soooo much different now. If Homer had known the possibilities we know now would he had said the same thing? Is war really more fun than the thought of exploring the universe? If every government stopped making bombs and put all their brains and money together for space exploration imagine how far we could get in even our puny lifetimes!

The possibilities are endless, yet we are stuck here fighting on this same old rock, over the same old shit. I for one am bored with it.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #4488125 - 08/03/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

NO!

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Do you view violence as an acceptable form of force to impose your will? [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4488791 - 08/03/05 07:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Peaceniks, unite! Tell us when violence is acceptable. Overall condemnations of it, the demonizing of those who participate in it, and to insult those who support it does not tell us your position. I'd like to know if any of you think violence is necessary at all. I have yet to see an actual pacifist post on these boards with logic and fluidity other than the late hatta. I see lots of anger being thrown about at war, but when the questioning begins, most shut up and quietly move away.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4488796 - 08/03/05 07:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:

Reason is what sets men apart from the other animals. War is an easy option for those unable to conduct themselves as fully human, as rational beings. War only happens when one or both parties revert to a pre-sapient thought pattern, usually it is both parties - war requires fools for it to begin. War is either engaged in as a LAST RESORT by rational people dealing with irrational people or by a gaggle of idiots, there is no middle ground. War is TRIBAL, the most blatant expression of the collectivist mindset, men reduce themselves to herd animals, blindly dieing for their leader, their state or their god. Forget all the popular bashing of selfish actions, a world of individualists would be one without war.

"Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it compromises and develops the germ of every other. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."
- James Madison

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order