Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBrahmanandam
Seeker

my political philosophy
    #4484026 - 08/02/05 03:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i am a supreme idealist and utopian seeker. this material is not intended for everyone. tell me what you think.

a long time ago i became very fed up with american politics. democracy (somthing i once held very dear) had crumbled before my eyes. growing up i had eventually been exposed to the corruption of this horrible world. i decided i need my own island, with my own form of government. after many sessions of smoking and thinking i came to what i now consider my ideal philosophy: ECO ANARCHY.

anarchy seemed to be the only way to go. no one really telling you what to do. however, i really only see anarchy working once way. not everyone can live in anarchy and still live in peace. most likley youd have thugs running around dominating, looting at an all time high, and a production rate of nothing. how can i refine this bitter-sweet system to sheer bliss? with "ECO ANARCHY"; Exclusive Community Oriented Anarchy.

Exclusive: this kind of sounds a bit facist, however i deem it quite necessary. not everyone can live under a [mostly] lawless society. so the population is simply hand chosen. the chosen population would consist of whatever i want them to. i would pick the most civilized, well behaved, hard working people. yet well-rounded and able to have a good time.

COMMUNITY ORIENTED: this part is much a dash of classic communism (however entirely unlike karl marx). given this society is on an island (or some form of isolation) there would only be approx 100-300 people chosen. economically, we would strive to achieve a self sustaining equalibrium. producing a variety of foods for a balanced veagan diet.

everyone's priority would be farming. an equal amount of work from everyone would be put in via an agreed upon (concluded eventually by mathematics) work schedual (ex. 8am - 4pm). other specialized work (such as doctors, cooks, cleaners, etc...) would also be tracked by the hour, and count towards your normal farming hours. this way a job needed in the evening (4pm or later) can be accomplished by an idividual, and to make up for his time, he may take off farm work "x" amt of hours he worked last night.

food will be distributed in a quite unique way. a portion will go to the mess hall, where dinner will be cooked and served in a large banquette style room. however, the only meal eaten as a whole community is dinner. for the portions of breakfast and lunch, amounts of food will be rationed and handed out equally. (no need to worry about passing out food to whoever needs it more [like harder workers] because the entire population is chosen... just dont bring fat or otherwise unproductive people [no offense])

since this is an entire population seeking a higher lifestyle than the typical american, all of our habits will be much healthier. no mcdonalds or other junk foods. food cant really be proccessed in such a small community. all food will obviosly be very local, and therefore extreamly high in bioavailability.

the entire population has volunteered to join this community. people can be selected on ability, preferences, etc... to produce a steady mix of people, with little conflicts. all openminded individuals seeking somthing higher.

civil rights would be a top priority... allowing any victimless actions

also, no need for hairy debate on the morality of things such as the death penalty. such a policy can easily be replaced by banishment from the community.

i have thought alot about this. However much, not enough. ive only scratched the surface of my ideas here, and i seek many more. any input is greatly appreciated.
thx

--------------------
Brahmanandam, parama sukadam kevalam gyana murtim. Dwandwa ti tam. Gagana sadri shyam, tatwa-ma-sya dri lak shyam. Ekam nityam, vimalam, achalam. Sarvadhi sakshi bhutam. Bhava ti tam triguna rahitam.
SAT GURUM TAM NA MA MI.

GURU LORD, I BOW TO THEE.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: my political philosophy [Re: Brahmanandam]
    #4484675 - 08/02/05 10:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
i am a supreme idealist and utopian seeker. this material is not intended for everyone. tell me what you think.

Utopians do not fare well in this forum. Utopia is not possible because of how imperfect Man is. Also, oppression usually occurs when trying to mold human behavior to achieve a utopia.

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
a long time ago i became very fed up with american politics.

Pretty much everybody has.

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
Exclusive Community Oriented Anarchy.

No matter what name you give it, it would still fall apart, be steamrolled, or only exist in small numbers.

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
Exclusive: this kind of sounds a bit facist, however i deem it quite necessary. not everyone can live under a [mostly] lawless society. so the population is simply hand chosen. the chosen population would consist of whatever i want them to. i would pick the most civilized, well behaved, hard working people. yet well-rounded and able to have a good time.

And what would you do about the other 6 billion people in this world? Ignore them? Cooperate with them? Make yourself secluded from them?

What if a conflict arose in your lawless society? How would it be settled?

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
given this society is on an island (or some form of isolation) there would only be approx 100-300 people chosen. economically, we would strive to achieve a self sustaining equalibrium.

You are free to try this social experiment if you wish.

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
producing a variety of foods for a balanced veagan diet.

Are you joking with this? This seems all a little "too" progressive, like you are trying to be tongue in cheek or something.

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
everyone's priority would be farming. an equal amount of work from everyone would be put in via an agreed upon (concluded eventually by mathematics) work schedual (ex. 8am - 4pm).

What about people who were wanting to engage in economic effort outside of the community government's control? What would you do with these people? What would you allow?

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
just dont bring fat or otherwise unproductive people [no offense])

What would you do if one of your community members became paralyzed? What happens when you all get old and you need extra care and you are not productive? Will there be social safety nets to provide for people who are unable to provide for themselves?

Quote:

Brahmanandam said:
since this is an entire population seeking a higher lifestyle than the typical american

Actually, with a community of only several hundred people and having that community be somewhat secluded from modern society, your standard of living will be lower than even a poor American. You will probably live like peasants.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: my political philosophy [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4484773 - 08/02/05 11:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Utopia is not possible because of how imperfect Man is.  Also, oppression usually occurs when trying to mold human behavior to achieve a utopia.

:thumbup: This should always be under consideration when discussing political 'solutions' to perceived problems.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: my political philosophy [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4484889 - 08/02/05 12:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Believing in utopian society and at least recognizing you are idealistic is somewhat admirable when compared to those who shun human nature and still demand that their idealistic dreams are impleneted into current world affairs. That is where their intent on being "good" overrides the nature of reality and can subsequently cause greater harm than good.

I am still waiting for an overall plan to inact an idealistic world peace so that war is never again a possibility, but those who have this dream seem to only oppose the closest thing to their nose, not fully realizing the whole picture and hence setting up like I said before, a catastrophe.

**EDIT** TO THE FIRST POST.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Edited by looner2 (08/02/05 12:30 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion