Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwang
But if the arrowis straight...
?
    #4483926 - 08/02/05 02:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

?

--------------------
-Cheers

Edited by Twang (02/28/06 03:50 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: Twang]
    #4483949 - 08/02/05 02:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:27 AM)

OfflineaShrooMKaLover
Hippy
Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4483986 - 08/02/05 03:14 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've never experienced nausea from shroomz!

--------------------
Drugs must be a food for the soul, not for the ego!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: aShrooMKaLover]
    #4484669 - 08/02/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Mainly the mushroom material, but even without the material present your mental state can easily cause you to have nausea if your uncomfortable. Tea is definatly the way to go...capsules work ok too, but they're funny...tea is much more reliable and consistant.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelucas86
mushroomenthusiast andcultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forests of Wisconsin
Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: Twang]
    #4484876 - 08/02/05 12:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

u get sick from the mushroom flesh.  i have taken capsules and tea and i've also ate fresh wet mushroom straight off the casing.  i never got sick but the fresh ones did make me have a upset stomach for a few minutes.  take the capulses or the tea and u shouldn't have much of an issue with sickness, at least thats my point of veiw. :stoned:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

#4487958 - 08/03/05 01:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I hate to disagree with everyone here, but I think the nausea is 100% the reaction to the beginning of the trip. I have actually tested this theory by intentionally destroying the psychoactive components of the mushroom with extended heat. I then ate several times the ordinary mushroom material without any ill effect.

Making tea or taking capsules have differing effects. The tea reduces nausea since you have an empty stomach which can't respond with the signaling to vomit. The capsules slow the onset of the trip such that you don't get so nauseated.

Will straining take away potency? It can. It rather depends on how well the mushrooms were seeped.

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#4493196 - 08/04/05 01:56 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

For me it is the quick "come up" that causes nausea. If I have something on my stomach as a buffer and eat the shrooms over time, then I don't get nausea, but put them in oj and bang it back quickly and it gets me nauseous every time.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4493704 - 08/04/05 03:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Helix said:
I hate to disagree with everyone here, but I think the nausea is 100% the reaction to the beginning of the trip. I have actually tested this theory by intentionally destroying the psychoactive components of the mushroom with extended heat. I then ate several times the ordinary mushroom material without any ill effect.

I completely agree with this. One of my biggest fears before I took mushrooms was becoming nauseous, but they've never made me feel sick. However, both times I have tried LSD I have experienced a period of nausea on the come up. It was never severe enough to vomit, but there still was a fair degree of stomach upset.

I do not think this is a placebo effect, because when I first tried LSD (after trying mushrooms), I had no expectation that there would be any nausea. I'm undecided whether the nausea has an organic cause, or if as one of my friends believes, that the nausea is just a creation of the mind as the trip begins.

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4493815 - 08/04/05 04:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I don't know enough to say for sure either way, but this is definately possible. Except I don't think it could be a general reaction to the beginning of the trip, maybe a reaction to an uncomfortable beginning of a trip. I never got any nausea from shrooms(cept one time I made magic honey) and I also never had a trip that I would describe as uncomfortable. Mild anxiety during the come up sometimes, but I am always able to banish this with the simple thought that the mushrooms are my friends, and no harm can befall me when I am in their care.

Then again, everyone is different and as we all know YMMV. Who knows, right?

--------------------
Nothing's more magical than a mushroom. =)
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

OfflineTwang
But if the arrowis straight...
? [Re: Tranceport]
    #4493818 - 08/04/05 04:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

?

--------------------
-Cheers

Edited by Twang (02/28/06 03:50 PM)

OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
    #4494031 - 08/04/05 08:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well ive quiet a weak stomach and suffer terrible from nausia on shrooms but its worth it ... but last time a mate wanted to try shrooms so i put in the effort and made tea , making sure i let it sit for 30-45 mins in the water and then straining it and squeezing every last drop out and then putting the left over bits back into another bit of water and straining again and squeezing again ... then made jelly ... put about 4 grams each into the jelly and then put one gram each into chocolate ... that way it prolonged the trip, released at different times

Its 100% the mushroom flesh that causes the sickness as there complex and really hard to digest (thus the farting etc haha) one gram your stomach can digest easy enough ... and since i took the jelly first i was coming up while eating the chocolate so didnt feel even the slightest bit of sickness. I swear to god i didnt feel even slightly sick

If you still think your going to feel sick then put them in a smoothie with some ginger in it or take travel sickness tablets, and also theres tablets to settle your stomach after eating to much food and you feel bloated (think there made for women haha) theres loads of different brands out there.

But in all honesty the worst thing is just your memory and fear, if you just trip you will notice that its not as bad as you thought :smile: and the runs i never get them the day after but id sujest smoking on the come down ... that way u get the munchies and eat loads (since you havnt eaten in 8hours or so) and then ull be nice an firm the next morning :smile: enjoy your nausia free trip

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: TheLegend]
    #4494060 - 08/04/05 09:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

making sure i let it sit for 30-45 mins in the water and then straining it and squeezing every last drop out and then putting the left over bits back into another bit of water and straining again and squeezing again ...

That is all very unnecessary. All you need is one cup of hot water with a little lemon juice in it(thats not even necessary, but i do it to make sure). Soak the shrooms for 10 minutes or so, and after that what is left in the mushroom material is not enough to make a difference.

--------------------
Nothing's more magical than a mushroom. =)
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: ChRoNiCk420]
    #4494168 - 08/04/05 10:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've taken varied doses, and the hardness of the trip doesnt always collelate. For instance, if I take an exotic species like Pan Cyans where I only need 1/2-1 gram to trip balls, theres almost NO stomach nausea. When I've taken higher doses and tripped less, theres more nausea. And with capsules, I can feel the nausea come on as each pill pops. I've done capsules dozens of times because I like the fact that it can go for an unknown amount of time and be an unknown strength, but only up to what I injest, but sometimes, 3 hours in, when you start comming up again (if it happens), I start feeling nausea in my stomach again. It only happens at the beginning of the trip, 1 hour after eating shrooms (not in capsules) it is all gone, the stomach broke down most everything and thats that. My nausea has increase slowly over many many mushroom trips as well, but my handles of tripping has done the oppisite.

Sure a trip comming on can bring mental nausea, I've gotten sick after its all digested, Ive felt sick on LSD, those times it was the effects of tripping, because I was just tripping so damned hard. But most of the time, it works based on the material I ate.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4494181 - 08/04/05 10:37 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Helix said:

Making tea or taking capsules have differing effects. The tea reduces nausea since you have an empty stomach which can't respond with the signaling to vomit. The capsules slow the onset of the trip such that you don't get so nauseated.

Will straining take away potency? It can. It rather depends on how well the mushrooms were seeped.

......why don't you try taking down some freshies wrapped in some sort of Etheopian sour bread that tates like sand and feels like human skin..

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it the mushroom matter or the effects of tripping that causes nausea? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4494462 - 08/04/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I concede that it could be different things for different folks. For me its definitely the come up that causes the nausea. Back when I was younger, I would get violently sick the entire trip and desperately try to vomit with no luck, which always made for bad trips, but I still think it was the trip itself, not the mushrooms.

The reason I find it hard to believe it's the mushrooms is that people can take 3 grams of insoluble fiber without getting the runs all the time, and that stuff doesn't digest period. I know shrooms digest at least part of the way. In general mushrooms of ANY sort (morels, Shiitake, button, you name it) not well cooked, can make people sick, but you don't get sick eating a few dry grams (few dozen wet).

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4494515 - 08/04/05 12:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm you make a good point, I just dont think the material is the same. I dunno though, I am a firm believer in "Its all in the mind" (Yellow Submarine? Anyone? Anyone? Beuler?) so it could also be in my head that its the material. I think though, its not really the material on your stomach, but the material you eat. As in having to choke down the stuff. That even gets mental too though, sometimes I'm eating fries, and they start tasting like mushrooms...and I can even taste mushroom capsules. I start feeling sick just thinking of the taste and eating them. But then if I only eat a little, its not so bad. Capsules does seem to solve the problem though so I guess I dont think its the material in your stomach, but either caused by taste (which can relate to how much you have to choke down) and how hard your tripping. I've always figured with tea I dont have the material which is why I can take a 5 gram dose without sickness...but it could just be the taste, and my mind doesnt fear the taste of bitter tea so much...and Pan Cyans do taste better/more like nothing or twigs so that would esplain that as well..

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience