Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
The charity idea...
    #4483908 - 08/02/05 02:45 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Good idea.
I click at least 300 times daily. I can spend a few on (or more than a few, if they don't track IP's) on any type of fundraiser.

What does a click provide?

"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Overlook
Re: The charity idea... [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #4484256 - 08/02/05 05:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yes...this is a very good idea :smile:

User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The charity idea... [Re: Organic]
    #4486103 - 08/02/05 05:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yeah whats the skinny on taht, how does it work?

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Loc: NY/MA/VT Border, USA Flag
Re: The charity idea... [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #4486454 - 08/02/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys,

Here are answers to some of the common questions I've seen popping up on the BB. Some are partially lifted from the site FAQs, for more information your should read those directly.

How do these "click for charity" sites work? Who pays for the donations?
After clicking one of the buttons to donate, you are brought to a page with banner advertisements. These sponsors pay for the donations and receive exposure and goodwill in return.

How much of the funding from sponsor ads goes to the beneficiary organizations?
All of the money collected from sponsors - 100% of sponsor banner advertising - goes to their nonprofit beneficiary organizations.

How often can I click on the buttons to donate? Can I just keep clicking thousands of times a day?
You can click once a day on each of the six sites. Their agreement with their sponsors only allows them to count one click, per person, per calendar day. A monitoring system is set up to check this. While you could click on the button a hundred times, it would only count as one donation. In the meantime, their system would be slowed down, or possibly overloaded, preventing other visitors' clicks from generating funding. Please note that they do count clicks received through company firewalls, proxy servers, etc., to the best of their ability. They make every effort to count every click as fairly and accurately as possible.

Are these "Click for Charity" sites associated with the Shroomery?
Not in any way, shape or form. We've never spoken with them and I doubt they know we're sending them clicks. Due to their innovative way of fund-raising, we just thought it would be a good opportunity for us and our members to contribute. Our role is simply reminding you to click each day, then displaying all six sites in one window to make the process a little easier.

How do they calculate the donation given by visitors' clicks?
This depends on the site, please see their FAQ for more info. They have it broken down by day, month and year. I tried to provide links but they didn't work.

I hope you guys find this enlightening. :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback