Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Life seems so scripted sometimes.
    #4483220 - 08/02/05 12:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Looking back in my life, it seems that every single event was meant to happen and had some purpose. As if there was no possible outcome other than the one that resulted. Even all of the negative occurrences in my life have always resulted in some positive gain. I wrecked a car and got a DUI but it ended my drinking problem. I got my heart completely broken by my first love but it taught me a great deal about women and made me more successful with them now. Everyone must have at least a few of these moments which stand out and define their lives.

Very recently many events have taken place in my life that have caused change. Two weeks ago while I was at work, for no apparent reason I just decided to put in my two week notice. Just out of the blue, I felt it was just right at that moment. I had no other perspective job lined up, yet I went through with it anyway. Two weeks after leaving that job, I see an ad in the paper for a great entry level job. I applied and was hired and I am now much happier than I was. During my long hours at my new job I was just thinking about how strange life is, the way events unfold so perfectly sometimes. I had a song stuck in my head the entire day. I put on my headphones and turn on the radio, only to have that exact song play.

What if everything that we do in life has already been decided? We may feel that we have total freedom, but in the end the decision we make is simply the one we were meant to make. Are we moving through life on a set path like a train moving along it's track? Perhaps in our spiritual form we created this entire life and all of its hardships simply to help ourselves learn and grow. At this point I am entertaining the idea that I am in fact god and I have created this entire existence to serve some purpose. Perhaps simply to entertain myself.

"I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

Eternal life can be a very boring proposition. What better way to appreciate the time than to make yourself believe that your time is limited?

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Edited by PowerTrip (08/02/05 12:23 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Life seems so scripted sometimes. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4484156 - 08/02/05 04:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

such is life. i can't think of any bad thing that's happened to me in my life than didn't bring some good out as well.

free will is one of the biggest questions in philosophy; it always has been.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4484490 - 08/02/05 09:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Eternal life can be a very boring proposition. What better way to appreciate the time than to make yourself believe that your time is limited?

Last night I dreampt that my partner was having a miscarrage and possibly dying. I awoke in bitter tears. The interesting thing is durning the dream I was split in two. Part of me was wailing, and terrified of losing that which I love more than anyone I have ever loved, and a voice in my head was talking to me like it was reasoning with a small child, "this is the letting go we have been talking about, do you see how you cling to her?"  I woke and realized the truth to your post. :heart: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4484505 - 08/02/05 09:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

so true, so true.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4484507 - 08/02/05 09:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
Perhaps in our spiritual form we created this entire life and all of its hardships simply to help ourselves learn and grow.  At this point I am entertaining the idea that I am in fact god and I have created this entire existence to serve some purpose.  Perhaps simply to entertain myself.

Far be it from me to presume the will of God,  :wink: but I've come to the same conclusions myself.  However, I believe that we exist because God desires to experience itself.  It's the only explanation that makes sense for me...the only way I was able to look at "God" logically.  I also have come to believe that as souls, we have some amount of choice in the life we are born into.  I believe my life is already patterned out, I only have to live it.  BUT, because I've "forgotten" that I am God, I still have the freedom to make the choices I need to REALIZE and to experience the life that my soul has already chosen. Sounds crazy doesn't it?  But based on everything I've experienced thus far in my life, it makes total sense to me.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Life seems so scripted sometimes. [Re: MOTH]
    #4484534 - 08/02/05 09:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe our spirits have journeyed here to live together. When the time is right we can leave.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology