Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: zoloft [Re: ThePredator]
    #4754994 - 10/04/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

My girlfriend was on zoloft for a long time. Noticable decreases in the effect of psilocybin, lsa, lsd, and mescaline were noticed. After being 'clean' for a month or two, effects were noticably stronger (normal).

Simply because someone is prescribed to zoloft doesn't mean that they're not 'suitable' for psychedelic use. I know cases that zoloft has been prescribed simply to get rid of mild depression and mild obsessive compulsive disorders.

We're not all chemically the same. Some of us are more shy, closed up. Some are quite the opposite. Such shy people often have a hard time and become somewhat depressed, but not to the point where they would be diagnosed with depression. I've known people who've gotten zoloft as it makes fitting in to dailey life a non-issue. It made them naturally friendly and talkative, and honestly (in my opinion) completely different people. The uniqueness was ripped from them and was instantly replaced by a comforting conformity. But, these are just my personal issues with this drug...

Zoloft makes psychedellic drugs less intense. It'll make MDMA do nearly nothing at all. Zoloft isn't prescribed for a mere three months. It takes over a month for it to even kick in to full effect. (In the people I've known, they start out with a low dose of 25, and after a month are at 50 or 100mg/day).

I've seen zoloft used for minor (in my opinion, important in the user's) issues of social anxiety disorder. To me, it also seems their TV ads are targeting people with such issues. While there are surely many who wouldn't be fit for psychedellic use, the mere fact that a doctor has recommended them zoloft isn't enough to determine that. However, while actually on the drug, you might not get much out of your psychedellics. It takes weeks for this effect to wear off, and it's highly recommended NOT to stop zoloft cold turkey. Might be fine for some, but I've read about severe depression and suicide from this.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheDoctor
Stranger

Re: zoloft [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4755010 - 10/04/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have a buddy who takes Concerta (Methylphenidate), he takes it for ADD. would that in any way affect his trip differently?

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: zoloft [Re: TheDoctor]
    #4755028 - 10/04/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

No, methylphenidate acts similar to amphetamine as a CNS stimulant.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom