Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Mushrooms and the woods
    #4482652 - 08/01/05 10:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone always says the woods are the best place to shroom. By my woods, and I'm sure I am not the only one, there are these annoying secadas (SP?) this time of year. They are bugs that make the loudest constant noise. Wouldn't that be very annoying when you are tripping?

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

Edited by BurnOneDown (08/01/05 10:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

Re: Mushrooms and the woods [Re: BurnOneDown]
    #4483025 - 08/01/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have a feeling that 17 year (or 13 is it?) cicadas would be absolutely terrifying when you were tripping. Much like HST's issues with "bat country", I think I'd flip a shit. I got to go camping in Maryland a year or two ago when they were all out and it was absolutely DEAFENING. There were thousands of them all going off at once, flying into shit and causing general havoc. I was sober and they gave me the fear. The only respite from their constant noise was at night, but once the sun came up the amp got cranked up to 11 again. I can't imagine what one would think if you were tripping near the little heathens.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Mushrooms and the woods [Re: MycoMateo]
    #4483534 - 08/02/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

nope, weve got some big cicadas(doesnt sound how its spelled) i usually trip in a combo of places, my room, the backyard(which is huge) and the woods(all around my house) and ive done it during the day when the cicadas are going full blast and at dusk/early night and its never bothered me, its actually kinda soothing when ur tripping, not annoying like when youre sober lol, it kinda adds to the trip, makes you feel more in touch with the woods and nature. just my opinion though.

--------------------

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Mushrooms and the woods [Re: MycoMateo]
    #4483547 - 08/02/05 01:15 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MycoMateo said:
I have a feeling that 17 year (or 13 is it?) cicadas would be absolutely terrifying when you were tripping. Much like HST's issues with "bat country", I think I'd flip a shit. I got to go camping in Maryland a year or two ago when they were all out and it was absolutely DEAFENING. There were thousands of them all going off at once, flying into shit and causing general havoc. I was sober and they gave me the fear. The only respite from their constant noise was at night, but once the sun came up the amp got cranked up to 11 again. I can't imagine what one would think if you were tripping near the little heathens.

Holy crap, what an experience!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience