Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4482456 - 08/01/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ha, that's it?

You bust out the childish name calling so quickly.

Thanks for the arguement, to bad it was over before it started :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #4482464 - 08/01/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think there should be a rule that if you have 3 shrooms or less you should be limited to 25 posts a day.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: Gijith]
    #4482465 - 08/01/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:
Sorry, I was posting very fast and was not clear enough (I had a Lean Pocket in the microwave)...

What I'm trying to say is that the term 'physical addiction' is meaningless. As far as I know, people in addiction medicine don't use it anymore. In this same way, 'psychological addiction' doesn't carry the traditional label people put upon it. From what I know, things now fall under two categories: Physical Dependence and, simply, Addiction. Physical dependence is gaged by the appearance of physical withdrawal symptoms immediately after a substance is stopped. And no, marijuana withdrawal does not produce many symptoms. But, by definition, those symptoms have nothing to do with a drive to continue using. For example, prozac can be a physically dependent substance... Addiction, on the other hand, is the psychological drive to continue behavior, regardless of consequence. When it comes to addiction, the physiology can be classified as the being similar in marijuana, as in cocaine, as in sex, as in eating disorders. All the same because what the brain is responding to is the release of neurotransmitters. As you know, over time, our brain teaches itself to reward certain behaviors by releasing these. Dopamine, in particular, if I'm not mistaken. That drive to reward is the entire basis of 'psychological' addiction. I've read all sorts of stuff as to how this evolved in our minds. Lots of interesting theories. But I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure.

... What I'm trying to say if you exhibit addictive behavior, you're addicted to something. Whether you're 'physically addicted' doesn't really matter. It's not addiction at all. That's just the icing on top of the pathology.

Hmm...interesting. When you put it like that I guess I was addicted - or rather, still am addicted. When I don't have it, I really wish I did. And if I did have more access to it, I'd be wasted all the time. Ah well, there's worse things to get hooked on, I suppose....  :cool:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4482470 - 08/01/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Why flame??!!

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4482476 - 08/01/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok, since you're obviously too high and or naturally stupid to properly interpret the internet I'll break down my message for ya

MA is not marijuana. MA is Marijuana Anonymous (the subject of this thread)

When someone says "you people" and their post is in response to the person directly above them it is very rarely directed at the person above them, but rather at "you people" and merely using the person above them to respond conveniently that's why I typed "you people" not "trainwreck".

blah blah blah... i'm bored of this already but in conclusion i was criticizing those people who were criticizing marijuana anonymous and I have no idea if you are one of those people but you are stupid and or paranoid so bite me.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: Rebirtha]
    #4482484 - 08/01/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Evan said:
I think there should be a rule that if you have 3 shrooms or less you should be limited to 25 posts a day.

i agree. u r smart. i nominate you for president!

--------------------

Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: MOTH]
    #4482486 - 08/01/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Why flame??!!

trainwreck started it.

--------------------

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #4482491 - 08/01/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And I think all he was saying is that it doesn't make sense to call people hypocrites when they haven't done anything.

I'm glad this whole thing is solved :smile: haha

lets move on ..

Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: Rebirtha]
    #4482496 - 08/01/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

all i'm saying is it's easy to say marijuana isn't physically addictive or marijuana isn't psychologically addictive but it's another thing to actually stop use and that is something which so many users who say it's harmless and nonaddictive are unable to do.

--------------------

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4482515 - 08/01/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
all i'm saying is it's easy to say marijuana isn't physically addictive or marijuana isn't psychologically addictive but it's another thing to actually stop use and that is something which so many users who say it's harmless and nonaddictive are unable to do.

I totally agree with this statement.

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

#4482542 - 08/01/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1) I must admit I saw MA and thought marijuana, not marijuana anonymous, so there's 1 for you.

2) Your post was in response to ME so naturally I thought that's who you were directing your comments at. Even if you did include everyone else. I am part of this group.

3) No, actually your "started it", kid.

And flaming is bad mmkay. But if someone throws a punch, I'm going to block it. Thanks.

Edited by Trainwreck (08/01/05 07:44 PM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4482860 - 08/01/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think most people fall into either one of two categories with their opinions on pot. On one side are people who believe all the commercials and government propaganda about it. There is the opposite side of people who believe just as much propaganda but its pro-pot. These people believe its about as safe as drinking a glass of water. They will actually go out of there way kind of like the govt to defend pot use even in the cases where it's obviously not benifiting the person. They want to deny that its possible for people to ever have a problem with it. There are very few people that actually see it for what it is.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4482864 - 08/01/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So there's 3 groups then.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4482872 - 08/01/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I said most people fall into one of the first two.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#4482877 - 08/01/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, of course there are drawbacks to weed. It can be very irritating to the lungs, for starters, but it's nowhere near as bad as some drugs, like meth or alcohol, IMHO....

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4482906 - 08/01/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When smoked its more then just irritating for your lungs its carcinogenic. Many pro-pot people won't even acknowledge that.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#4482926 - 08/01/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Possibly. Any time you get inflammation and irritation of the cells lining the bronchioles, you increase the chances of cancer. Also, long term use could lead to Emphysema. In any case, it ain't good for the lungs, thats for sure.....

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marijuana Anonymous [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4482942 - 08/01/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats why I got me a vapor doc.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#4482947 - 08/01/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Smart move! :laugh:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4483227 - 08/01/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
I think most people fall into either one of two categories with their opinions on pot. On one side are people who believe all the commercials and government propaganda about it. There is the opposite side of people who believe just as much propaganda but its pro-pot. These people believe its about as safe as drinking a glass of water. They will actually go out of there way kind of like the govt to defend pot use even in the cases where it's obviously not benifiting the person. They want to deny that its possible for people to ever have a problem with it. There are very few people that actually see it for what it is.

Yeah I completely agree with you, and I actually find myself running more into the second group of people than the first these past few years in college.

I once had this huge long thread in Overgrow where all I was saying was that pot activists lose so much credibility by acting like pot is completely and absolutely harmless, and more often than not, people on the board tried to argue with me that it really is harmless :rolleyes:  That was about the last time I posted on OG.

I'm in the same vaporizer boat as you my friend.  We need a vaporizer smiley :stoned:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds