Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLoaf32
Stranger
Alaskan hunters?
    #4463251 - 07/28/05 02:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey folks,

I've been in Ak for a couple years now, and have pretty much found the standard (Russulas, Aminitas, Boletes, puffballs, shaggy manes, etc.). Just wondering if there are any other hunters in the Anch area? I've seen scads of Pan. subalteus out here, but have heard that they weren't active in Alaska for some reason.

Thanks!
Loaf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoaf32
Stranger
Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: Loaf32]
    #4467864 - 07/29/05 03:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Anybody?

Invisiblewallace
Male

Loc: Canada
    #4467977 - 07/29/05 05:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Folks have asked about Alaska on the shroomery before. Post some Alaskan subbs and you will personally make me happy because I am from a place that boasts some similarly extreme weather, and is generally thought to be subb-less.
I kinda doubt subbs are fruiting around Anchorage, but hey in theory they should be there.

--------------------
Wallace

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4469986 - 07/29/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Pan. subbalteatus is your only real chance in the bowl, or in most of the state for that matter. P. baeocystis seem to be being found more in the last few years in southeast than before, and P. cyanescens occurr there from time to time aswell.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: canid]
    #4470093 - 07/29/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What a nice surprise.  Its great to see a post from someone who lives in the state I was born.  Alaska is the greatest state of them all and maybe the greatest land on earth....in my own personal bias opionion.  :smile: 
Keep up the pasting Loaf32..  I hope you enjoy it up there.  Please take good care of that wonderful land, and I am sure that it will be most generous in leading you to many more great shroomy gifts!   

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4470125 - 07/29/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i can't wait to return. alaska is my home, always.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: canid]
    #4470668 - 07/29/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I feel the same way Concretefeet. I think that once a person lives in Alaska long enough, it becomes part of you.....always. Ever heard that saying that goes something like......"You can always leave Alaska....but Alaska will never leave you" ?
We Alaskans must have special bond I think. Its like something no one else can understand unless they themselves live in Alaska long enough to get it......as if the spirit of Alaska has adopted part of their soul.

OK....I am getting way sentimental here and completely off topic.
Alaska is a great shroom state. It rains so much in the summer.

I would really like to get my hands on some of those nice A. Muscarias from up there.....particularly the ones that grow around Birch trees since the ones that Siberians ate were reported to grow near Birch mostly. But I would be happy with any Fly Agarics that I knew had been picked early in the season such as now. I have read all there is to read on these mushrooms since I was a teen, and it has become a pretty well established fact that the Amanitas picked earliest in the season (July-August) are reported to be much more potent than the ones picked later on. Amanita Muscaria (Fly Agaric) has been proven to have an extremely wide range in potency from one mushroom to the next. Some being dangerously potent and hallucinogenic from a pretty small amount of 10 grams or so. While other specimens which may look no different will be very weak even after eating 30-40 grams which is about what I ate, and got nothing more than a disappointing mild body high like drunk feeling. But from all I have read, I think that the difference in potency mostly has to do with what time of the season they were picked.
As you all probably know, A Muscaria are not illegal to possess or even sell. The 40 or so dried grams I bought were from the web, which was a waste of my money because they were so weak. They were so damn expensive it was ridiculous even if they were potent. Since none of these companies tell you when they were picked and they give you no idea as to their potency either, you are taking a big risk in wasting your money on nothing more than a mild body high. I did like what I felt in spite of it being very mild. I also had no trace of any hang over or bad effects at all. I will never order from the web again, UNLESS the company specified that they were harvested no later than August.

Edited by Gumby: This site is not a hook up site!

Edited by Gumby (07/29/05 10:54 PM)

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4470864 - 07/29/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I spent three months in Alaska back after I graduated in 1986..I have all kinds of family there and soon one day I will have to take my son!
Good Luck!
I say hell with the shrooms send down the Metatuska Thunder Fuck!

Yassup! :eek:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4471577 - 07/29/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard where the Alaskan forest fires are every year, there is the most AMAZING Morel hunting,.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineLoaf32
Stranger
Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: flowstone]
    #4476532 - 07/31/05 06:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the replies, folks. I've recently decided to try out the A.Muscaria that have just started hatching, though I'm going with the skin smoking method first. It's true that there are a good deal of morels up here. We've recently had a spate of fires in the bowl, so I'm planning on going out and checking next year.

As far as the Pan are concerned, I may be getting my subtypes mixed up, but I'll harvest some tommorrow and get some pics up. I'm guessing that there's so small an amount of active chems that they won't take well to drying. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks again,
Loaf

OfflineLaineRB
Garden Heir
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
    #4477767 - 07/31/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

SE Alaska here. I've found Chicken of the Woods,Boletes, Chantrelles, Brown Matsutake,Woodland Agaricus, hedgehog mushrooms and milky caps. I have yet to find any active species and frankly I am more thrilled by finding pounds of choice edibles anyway.

OfflineTourniquett
Stranger
Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: LaineRB]
    #4478108 - 07/31/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm in SE AK auctually and just started shroom hunting about 2 weeks ago. Trying to get some sporeprints on some that i picked earlier today auctually, I dont think i got anything magic but one can hope =P If anyone knows good spots for Juneau it would be appreciated =)

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: LaineRB]
    #4479365 - 08/01/05 12:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LaineRB said:
SE Alaska here. I've found Chicken of the Woods,Boletes, Chantrelles, Brown Matsutake,Woodland Agaricus, hedgehog mushrooms and milky caps. I have yet to find any active species and frankly I am more thrilled by finding pounds of choice edibles anyway.

That is amazing. You are truly a skilled hunter. What part of Alaska do the massive morels grow in? I heard it was a million dollar Industry.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineLaineRB
Garden Heir
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Alaskan hunters? [Re: flowstone]
    #4482395 - 08/01/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Unfortunately not very common in my area of the state. Generally speakig they would prosper most in the interior of Alaska near Fairbanks where there are a lot of forest fires. In the south eastern island chain it is essentially a rain forest and fires are extremely rare. However if I were to go onto the other side of the mountain range which seperates south east Alaska from Canada then I am sure I would find some.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds