Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
to do or not to do salvia
    #4481883 - 08/01/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

5 months after my last salvia trip i wonder whether it is time for me to go again there..
I feel a desire to go there, but i also feel some fear before and wonder whether to go there or postpone some more months later..

Anyway, i wonder whether ?t is a good idea to trip with salvia in broad daylight in a forest? Have u done this, and how do u think this influences the trip, is the daylight an obstacle to the salvia experience?(most people suggest night at home)

And also, is it a bad idea to smoke salvia when i fear it a bit even before the trip. Should i wait until i feel more ready, or fear is always a normal companion in salvia trips and should just get over it and smoke the salvia?

By the way, i have experimented only with salvia 5x so far and it was strong enough for me, are the stronger extracts scarier, or they are so disassociative that one forgets to fear? In that case, maybe i should dive deeep and try some 10x or 20x.

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: gotmagog]
    #4481995 - 08/01/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Pitch black, dead of night, silent, stoned. Doing that I have my best positive experience : negative experience ratio at about a 2:3

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4482049 - 08/01/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i never have a bad experience with salvia. I like to use it at night outside... in the forrest or the pool... salvia is a great teacher :smile: I would tell you not to be afraid of him, but the truth is, he can be quite scary at times.

It may be a good idea to have a sitter with you when using 20X.
I know it was a struggle for me to save my friend from drowning while we were both trippin on the 20x...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #4482158 - 08/01/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i'm always scared before i smoke salvia, just because of what it's done to me in the past. sometimes i think it's a good idea, i unpack the bong from it's hiding spot, put water in it, get it all ready to go, take out the salvia, and then i'm like hmmmm, do i really want to do this? sometimes i put the salvia right back and smoke some weed instead. i have 20x salvia though. it's intense, and i can't bring myself to do it often.

if i had someone brave enough to do it with me i think i'd do it more often though. most of my friends find it a to be pretty uncomfortable too.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineTwang
But if the arrowis straight...
Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4482283 - 08/01/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have tried salvia once. I smoked a couple bowls of dried salvia with no effects. Does one need the extract to get an effect? Or was my salvia just weak. Sorry if I am bringing this thread off-topic.

--------------------
-Cheers

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: Twang]
    #4482400 - 08/01/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, I think most people use extract for the 'otherworldly' effect of Salvia.  You might be tempted to buy that 20x Salvia, but just get the 10x and you should be good.  Use a bong and a HOT lighter.  Some people use mini-torches.  When you hit the salvia, hit it HARD, taking in big hits, held long in the lungs. 

Salvia also has a sort of reverse tolerance.  You grow more sensitive to it as you use it.  I have heard of people having effects with just the leaf over time.  Some people prefer to use just the leaf, believing it to be a better teacher.  Your bowl of leaf might just surprise you one day.  :wink:

Gotmagog, I am in a similar position with Lady Salvia.  My breaththrough didn't frighten me...in fact, in the experience I felt only confusion.  I was so "deep" in the trip that I was dissociated, and unconnected with any fear.  This was with 10x.  But afterwards, as I've had time to think about what occured on that trip, I've developed a anxiety about going back. 

The only way I can see of "getting over" the Salvia fear is to familiarize yourself with the drug.  Get to know it's habits, and then it won't seem so scary.  Easier said then done, I know...I have yet to go back to Salvia-World.  One of these days though, I'm just going to haul off and reaquaint myself.  :evil:

safe travels  :heart:

Offlinegotmagog

Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: MOTH]
    #4484276 - 08/02/05 03:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

All this fear associated with salvia makes me wonder about the nature of the fear...

Is it that our body/our subconscious knows that due to some reason salvia is harmful, or it is just an irrational feeling that one should ignore?

Dooing salvia feels sometimes like ignoring my instincts and doing something wrong, almost as if i forced myself to hold a hot iron, regardless of the pain and my instincts.

And i have no such fear from mushrooms, even though i have had bad trips on shrooms, i am always full of positive energy and expectations when i do them. With salvia, i always am a ball of anxiety

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4484351 - 08/02/05 04:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

it is very NOT harmful, however, there is an art to dosing.
if you take too little nearly nothing happens, a little bit more and it is great, a little bit more and it is too much.

when I say too much, it is too much to abide by, though the trip may still have merits, it becomes more of a challenge than a treat.

I like it in daylight, mornings satisfy me, but the visuals are strongest eye-closed.

a challenge can be very rewarding too and for that you could up the dose and do it in the dark with a sitter. the short duration and having a sitter guarantee that you will walk away impressed.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#4484550 - 08/02/05 07:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gotmagog said:
All this fear associated with salvia makes me wonder about the nature of the fear...

Is it that our body/our subconscious knows that due to some reason salvia is harmful, or it is just an irrational feeling that one should ignore?

Dooing salvia feels sometimes like ignoring my instincts and doing something wrong, almost as if i forced myself to hold a hot iron, regardless of the pain and my instincts.

And i have no such fear from mushrooms, even though i have had bad trips on shrooms, i am always full of positive energy and expectations when i do them. With salvia, i always am a ball of anxiety

You are afraid because your body knows that your coming face to face with a POWERFUL spirit. Something eternal, something that can take you to other worlds and show you wonderful and terrible things... learning is always scary...

mushrooms are not teachers like salvia and mescalito are.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4484578 - 08/02/05 08:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:

mushrooms are not teachers like salvia and mescalito are.

I disagree a bit with this...mushrooms are teachers of a different type then Salvia.  I do consider mushrooms valuable teachers.  Salvia just MAKES SURE you get the lesson LOUD AND CLEAR.  :wink:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4484610 - 08/02/05 08:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms are definatly teachers. Let go of the fear and just do it. Nothing can hurt you. We have nothing to fear but fear itself!

And stay away from the extracts, go with 5x or get some good leaves, and if you use an extract, only the smallest pinch. The more you take, the harder and more fearful you'll be. Start SMALL. So small you dont think you'll break through, and do it...then when you come down, try a little more, and so on and so on..after a few hits, you'll have fun..you just have to be carful you dont take to much until your comfortable. Theres nothing to fear or worry about though, but the thoughts will get to you if you let them.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4484624 - 08/02/05 08:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Great advice.  :thumbup:  Maybe I'll have a "Salvia Saturday" where I do as you recommend.

Offlinegotmagog

#4484672 - 08/02/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for all replies
I decided however to postpone my salvia experience. I am going now to a 2 week vacation to another country where i will be drug-free entirely, and will do salvia when i return.

Probably it will be better that way, because 2 weeks without smoking weed will make me less anxious and more healthy and stronger to meet the salvia spirit.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4484686 - 08/02/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely.  :thumbup:

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
    #4484771 - 08/02/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dude get over it. its salvia and it lasts 5 minutes. if you do it in the daylight you will get more of a body high and less of a trip.

i would have to agree that salvia is a very pronounced teaching drug, theres no way you can miss the point of the trip. mushrooms are more beneficial to your life tho, they allow you to see the beauty you miss in every thing and action. many drugs are beautiful

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: TheHook]
    #4484867 - 08/02/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheHook said:
dude get over it.

over what?  :confused:

Offlinelucas86
mushroomenthusiast andcultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forests of Wisconsin
    #4484887 - 08/02/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i did not care for salvia, i think mushrooms are far better.

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4484996 - 08/02/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think he was talking to the original poster, about getting over the fear, since its only a 5 minute thing, theres nothing to fear. If you keep that in mind (that the drug wears off, and quickly) then it shouldnt be something to fear.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4485100 - 08/02/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
I think he was talking to the original poster, about getting over the fear, since its only a 5 minute thing, theres nothing to fear. If you keep that in mind (that the drug wears off, and quickly) then it shouldnt be something to fear.

Why, it sounds so simple when you put it like that!  :grin: :heart:

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
    #4485162 - 08/02/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone trips at different levels, I don't think its good advice to tell someone to just do it if they have fear of it. There is a reason people have these emotions.
I know a few people who get anxious before trips, so much that it turns out bad for them during the trip. I think if those people didn't just jump into the experience and they delt with their fear beforehand, it would have been a much better time for them. Some people can face their fears in that way and some people can't.
Because I do meditation and am pretty conscious of myself and my body, I can take 7 hits of acid and remain comfortable whereas a couple of my friends may take 2 and feel they are on the edge. I don't recommend my friends take 7 hits.
I also don't recommend people jumping into the Salvia experience if they have anxiety towards it. I have known people to get pretty crazy after smoking it, getting up and knocking over furniture- or falling face first and cutting their eyelid open on a chair.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: dante]
    #4485228 - 08/02/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know if that was to me, but I would never recommend a trip on anything if you cant get over the fear. What I did recommend is just getting over it, just do "it", it being getting over the fear of tripping, not the actual trip itself.

--------------------

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#4485277 - 08/02/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

mushrooms are teachers sort of... they are a tool to learn definitely! they do not have a powerful spirit attachment like salvia or mescalito. I?m not putting down mushrooms in any way. they are awesome. A powerful catalyst to get you to the other side and they are always gentle... :smile:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
    #4485304 - 08/02/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think a forest would be good, its strange, salvia only fucks with my head at low doses, like if i smoke the leaves i kinda get freaked out, like theres this really intense sense of de'ja'vough (sp?) and i feel like a 'higher power' or 'god' or 'being' is wrapping my reality up, every time.

but at high doses, its just amazing, no freak out, just euphoria and an amazing experience

i duno what to tell you except have the most positive attitude in your whole life, its great if you do

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4485333 - 08/02/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:
mushrooms are teachers sort of... they are a tool to learn definitely! they do not have a powerful spirit attachment like salvia or mescalito. I?m not putting down mushrooms in any way. they are awesome. A powerful catalyst to get you to the other side and they are always gentle... :smile:

heh, you know, before I tried Salvia, I always thought people were joking or exaggerating about "spirit entities." 

Then I tried it. 

I was wrong, oh so wrong!  :eek:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4485606 - 08/02/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with that, mushrooms and acid dont have an entity like salvia does..I also did not understand the whole entity thing until I recently broke through on salvia...honestly, it took even a few more times for me to fully relize and understand that there was another entity there and that I had to let go and let her take over when its salvia time...that has made every experience wonderful since then.

--------------------

OfflineSelmac
Stranger
    #4485734 - 08/02/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Howdy, folks!

This is my first post here, maybe not the appropriate place but I felt like chiming in on this particular question. Love the site, by the way.

My experience with salvia leads me to believe that it does not matter where or when you do it. The times that I have made it work (gave up on the pipe and used the bong), my field of vision was completely obliterated. I could not see anything anyway, so the setting did not matter so much. The thing that does seem to come through is sound, so I would recommend finding a situation with the best auditory stimuli. Sometimes, the woods can supply this, especially if you are by a river or a waterfall (everyone MUST trip at a waterfall, it's mandatory).
One rule of thumb that I use with respect to using any psychedelic is to be certain that I want to trip before dosing. If you have to ask myself the question "should I?", the answer is usually no. Maybe that's just me. Sorry about the no avatar thing, I will try to get set up before posting anymore.

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: Selmac]
    #4485840 - 08/02/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In Soviet Russia, salvia does YOU. In the rest of the world, too.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: Selmac]
    #4485855 - 08/02/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Selmac said:
If you have to ask myself the question "should I?", the answer is usually no. 

An excellant yardstick to go by.  :thumbup: 

I will smoke Salvia again when the question of "should I" never enters my mind!  :grin:  (maybe sooner then I think, it's hard to tell)

Welcome to the Shroomery, by the way.  :smile:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4485897 - 08/02/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

every few days I must,
should becomes irrelevant.
I lose track of what is perpendicular to this dimension
I might begin to make mistakes when people ask me what it is like on the other side - or where it is even.
lots of responsibility, you know.
hell no, I must go.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4486532 - 08/02/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It?s funny... salvia only chooses to show himself to me as a male figure or a light. A lot of you see him as a female... It?s weird when you say Lady Salvia :lol: because when he shows himself to me he is very masculine. My mind wants to say "you must not really be seeing him if you think he's female"  but my spirit knows he is just playing games... what a trickster...  :wink:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by EquilibriuM (08/02/05 06:22 PM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#4486614 - 08/02/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

heres my favorite picture of salvia and his world...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineriby
Stranger
Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4487542 - 08/02/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

people get afraid when someone sees or experiences something that one has never incountered or when one is unsure of whats next, when something is just sooooo different then what the idea of normal.

OfflineRPGreg2600
Stranger
Re: to do or not to do salvia [Re: riby]
    #5867429 - 07/16/06 09:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Do it. I've lost track of how many times I've smoked salvia so I've gotten pretty used to the way it makes me feel.. I usually smoke 20X. first time I did it was with leaves and it took like 20 bong rips before it hit. I like as little smoke as possible. The first time I REALLY broke through with 20x scared the shit out of me, and after that I was scared to smoke it, I'd take a small hit and I'd feel the exact same trip coming back and it'd scare me and I'd resist it. But recently I just said to hell with it. I sat on the couch alone in dim lighting and took a pretty good hit of 20X and laid back and closed my eyes. This was the first time I didn't get that feeling, and it was great. Just get over the fear, it seems to me that it becomes more pleasant the more you do it.

I've got an ounce of leaves and 3 grams of 20X on the way and I'm gonna try quidding the leaves. supposed to trip for about 1-2 hours that way and it's supposed to be much more pleasant.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds