Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaysee
Stranger
Legit strains for the PFTEK
    #4473297 - 07/30/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have honed my skills for the past few years and have had great success in general; Alas, an out-of-the-blue visit from a couple overzealous pigs has compromised my operation. While they did discover my shroom lab, luckily it was not in effect when they stumbled upon it. Needless to say, I am now "copshocked" and have resolved to give up cultivating the "psilly" variety. However, I do have a lot of time and effort invested in my lab and I love this "hobby" very much. So with all said I am wondering what types of "gourmet" or "medicinal" boomers can I grow using my PFTEK method?
I aint gonna let those fucks completely ruin my love of mushroom cultivation! Thanks for the advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Legit strains for the PFTEK [Re: Jaysee]
    #4473943 - 07/30/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have seen good results on here with oysters using PF Tek. BTW, what was the reason the piggies gave you for showing up?

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Edited by Aiko Aiko (07/30/05 03:23 PM)

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #4474278 - 07/30/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Look in the Gourmet and Medicinal forum. There are several recent good threads regarding this there.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legit strains for the PFTEK [Re: Pinback]
    #4474366 - 07/30/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have seen people do shitake in a modified pf tek. not sure how well it works compared to normal shitake teks, but I've seen it.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblewhosayswhat
Loc: Lost
Re: Legit strains for the PFTEK [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #4474985 - 07/30/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gobblin said:
BTW, what was the reason the piggies gave you for showing up?

I'd like to know too

--------------------
:cuckoo: <--me--> :cuckoo:

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Legit strains for the PFTEK [Re: whosayswhat]
    #4476509 - 07/31/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i have done pf tek oysters and it was great. i would also like to know more too. Check the gourmet section for info on growing

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

OfflineJaysee
Stranger
    #4480341 - 08/01/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What happened was that a couple cops showed up to our house(very private, on top of a mountain backed by national forest) and were claiming to have a bench warrant for the arrest of my girlfriend. We were gone at the time so my father-in-law let them in to search for her. One held my girl's pop prisoner on the couch while the other bastard searched thru the premisis. He apparently came back up stairs and said in a sarcastic tone "SO.....whatctha groin' down there?" Pops told em I was into horticulture and thats all that he knew. The pricks left empty handed but the following day my girl called the Probation Dept, the Sherriffs Dept, And the clerk of county courts and all said the same thing.....That she indeed had a warrant......THAT WAS CLEARED BY THE JUDGE HIMSELF 40 DAYS PREVIOUSLY!
Get this...They came a callin on a SUNDAY! Conveniant eh? No way to call the courts to verify the warrant! It seems that not even the sherrifs dept were aware that this occured! They were asking us "well, who were the officers that showed up?"
I was so pissed I filed a complaint with the ACLU, and of course , they never came back. But I can't ever chance that as long as I live in this fucked up county!

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4480412 - 08/01/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Why continue doing the PF tek?

If I were you I would buy a pressure cooker and move on. The PF tek is really just a cheap way to half-ass it. If you really want to continue growing, a quart jar of birdseed produces 4-5 times as much as a half pint PF cake, and you only have to inject it 1 time instead of 4.

Also it's shakeable so it finishes faster.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Legit strains for the PFTEK [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4481387 - 08/01/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, that sucks big time! F*%#$#* Pigs!:shake: Well I'm glad to hear it didn't tun out worse for ya. I'm starting to get into edibles too. I'm probably gonna start with oysters, they seem to be a good first bet. And best of all no paranoia.  :rolleyes: GL bro, Peace! :grin:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4481844 - 08/01/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yes oysters are a great first grow. And they tatste delicious

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4482294 - 08/01/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've thought it over, and have decided that I like the PF Tek for non-active species not so much as a way to produce mushrooms efficiently, but as more of a Bonsai fungus art form.

Reishi would be suitable for a decorative grow species. It has a really long fruiting period, and is a very beautiful mushroom.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineJaysee
Stranger
    #4482897 - 08/01/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am at least one step ahead, I have had a great pressure cooker for a long time (EBAY) My question is this.....How would I perpetuate the life cycle of a non sporulating mushroom? I had a killer technique that never failed for "capped" mushrooms. Must I take tissue samples? I love the advice, thanks!

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4482907 - 08/01/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

tissue to agar. Agar to LC. Or even with oyster tissue to LC.

Baby hitler i love the bonsai shroom idea.

--------------------

Edited by xburn (08/01/05 09:15 PM)

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4483054 - 08/01/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Any agar recipe can be made into a liquid culture by simply ommiting the agar agar. Agar itself is just a gelling agent.

Agar & LC both seem to handle up to 6cc of 3%Hydrogen peroxide solution (the stuff you see in brown bottles in grocery stores) per liter/quart.

This makes the media much less susceptable to contamination. Spores and bacteria dye instantly on contact. Live mycelium tears through it no problem.

I would learn more about Liquid culture and peroxide, also called H2O2.

Tissue samples are good. Peel open the fruits to get to the inside rather than cutting into them. Then remove clean flesh from the core with a sterile instrument. (scalpel, x-acto blade, etc...)

--------------------

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4483793 - 08/02/05 12:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i find it easier to get a legit clone via agar than via the LC, I dont know if it is just me or if the open oxygen helps it go from fruit back to mycelllium. i like to use H2o2 as well Althogh i usually get away with 6% total h202. So 6cc per 94cc of LC/Agar mix. And dont forget to add the H202 after the solution has cooled lower than 140 F as the H202 will just breakdown if done hotter.

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Legit strains for the PFTEK [Re: xburn]
    #4486297 - 08/02/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, I only use 6cc H2O2 per 1000cc of liquid culture medium. I was under the impression that was kind of high, but you apparently use 10X that much.

Some species handle it better than others.

--------------------

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
    #4488732 - 08/03/05 06:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well i know your not me , but if it was me , id keep on growing that wouldnt stop me =P atleast you know there is no warrant out for her now so id say the coast is clear ! dumbass pigs prolly didnt even know what u were doin down wherever seriously if they knew then youd prolly both be in jail there was mycelium present no ?

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

Invisiblemushrx1
rainy season
 User Gallery
    #4507431 - 08/07/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you've mastered the PF you're ready for graduation :smile: You'll seriously help yourself (by getting away from a technique synonymous with illegal drugs) and by benefitting yourself (and friends) with great, healthy, tasty food. I'd say two words... Grain Masters.

And remember, IF you had a crappy job like trying to enforce archaic laws on a sleeping, increasingly uneducated and apathetic populace you'd be an A## H*&$ as well. Most of the police force I've met are just average, good hearted people doing what I'd never want to think about doing. Think how you'd feel if someone offered to pay you to bust psyconauts, when you already know that the interest is largely <intellectual> searching, that otherwise most of the alt community is just like everybody else. I'm glad I haven't been busted for jaywalking recently. I feel worse for the bastard that has to write that ticket, bad for the court system that has to flail over minutia. That is what really sucks. The cops aren't trying to give you a bad trip, they're trying to keep their <crappy> jobs. :mushroom2:

Besides, griping about the piggies doesn't help the shroomery much :smile:
They'll never take your experience and "education".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck