Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJon
Turn table or cd player?
    #4481589 - 08/01/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Which one would a Lady Dana fan prefer??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJon
Re: Turn table or cd player? [Re: Jon]
    #4483107 - 08/01/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Im also in need of any reccomendations for beginners, im planning on buying a package.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #4493666 - 08/04/05 03:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey,

Im fairly new to spinning myself. But I'll share with you what I have gained the past few months. I myself have Turntables which I absolutly love! The feel of vinyl between my fingers while I mix is just un-explainble  :heart:. Im a vinyl addict :grin:

But Be-aware...when it comes to Dj'in you get what you pay for. If buy cheap equipment...you'll soon find your self wanting to upgrade due the fact the cheap gear doesnt hold up to well. Eventually, you'll find your self frustrated because you cant make your gear do what you want. Dont get me wrong...I think starter packages are great. But in the end they will just turn to shit. If you really think your going to get into Dj'in. I'd advise buying good quality equipment the 1st time around.

I'll warn you now this hobby can and will get EXPENSIVE! I've spent close to a grand on my mixer, headphones, and turntables (used). Lucky for me I got a great deal on a Power Amp off E-bay. So that leaves me with speakers left to buy.

As for equipment this is all considerd "Industry Standard." You'll find that alot of Dj's and clubs use these...

Turntables:
Technics sl-1200MK5
http://www.djdeals.com/technicsSL1200MK5.htm

Technics are pretty much the main tables which are preferd buy Dj's. Thats cuz they are TUFF. You basicly have to try to damage these Tables.

CD Players:
Pioneer CDJ-1000MK2
http://www.djdeals.com/pioneerCDJ1000MKII.htm

These are pretty much "standard" for serious CDJ users. They are Expensive though...Luckly...the CDJ-200 are great for beginers and are good quality.

http://www.djdeals.com/pioneerCDJ200.htm

There are advantages and disadvantages when using vinyl. Vinyl records can get outragously expensive. You will find yourself paying anywhere from $5-20 for one vinyl. But with Vinyl it is easier to find songs with Acapella's or Instrumentals or even Remixes. It all depends on what you want to do with it really.

CD's on the other hand are the way to go if your tight on money. It will cost what.... 25 cents for one cd? and with the internet nowdays you can virtually get all the songs for free.

Check out this website. It will teach you wonders if you decide to take up Dj'in and the community there is as helpful as you can imagin.

www.djforums.com

What ever you choose to do...I wish ya luck with it. The only tips I can give ya are to practice. Its just like learning to play a new instrument for some people. Be sure to read the tutorials posted on the website I gave ya.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #4493676 - 08/04/05 03:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yea...

If its possible I'd suggest you go to a place such as guitar center and mess with their set ups there. Just bring in some of your favorite Cd's in there and mess around. Hopefully the sales rep there will know what he's talking about and possibly give ya some tips.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media