Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Friend blacked out
    #4474306 - 07/30/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

We dosed 2gs in the day, and then at night we dosed another 2gs and went to a club later that evening. We didn't feel much for the second dosage cause probably our tolerance was up so high. But when we got to the club in like 15 mins when we were in the club, he like collapsed. blacked out he said. and we left the club, but after that he said he was ok.

You think it was to much shrooms?

he did have a concusion because he got punched in the head last week, do you think that played a role?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: Liquidkick]
    #4474327 - 07/30/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What other kind of drugs were you on? 2g's and then another 2g's is not much at all. The mushrooms shouldnt have done that, I dont think.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: BigBallZMaN]
    #4474339 - 07/30/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No other drugs,except all i know is he smoked a cigarette before going to the club. but during the first trip we walked miles exploring campus. We did use a lot of energy during the first trip walking around, it was like a major hike.

We prepared ourselves well though before each trip, ate a fair meal 1 hour before trip.

My friend was slightly hungover, hand a mild concusion still, and the club we went to we didn't want to go to in the first place.

I really don't know what happeend, i went out the bathroom, he collapsed and hit the floor, then he was looking dazed to all hell, and then he was about to go down again, but we all caught him. It seriously looked like his body shut down for 5 secs.

From what he told me, he came out of the bathroom feeling dizzy, then he hit the floor and was like i couldn't control anything and then he got up and thats when he couldn't remember him failing down the second time. So he has a 5-10sec gap that he can't remember.

I am so puzzled. I am kinda worried, i have never seen this happen before. I have been on many trips

Edited by Liquidkick (07/30/05 05:36 PM)

OfflineMrChampignon
Respect theFungus

#4474496 - 07/30/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

maybe going at a club with alot of noises and people you don't know was not a good idea... I prefer being in a calm environement...

--------------------

sorry for my poor english, I'm from Qu?bec!!

Offlinecosmo123
Vulgar Displayof Power

Re: Friend blacked out [Re: MrChampignon]
    #4474504 - 07/30/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MrChampignon said:
maybe going at a club with alot of noises and people you don't know was not a good idea... I prefer being in a calm environement...

Much better to relax in your room and listen to music.

--------------------

:strokebeard:

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #4474526 - 07/30/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like dehydration. especially since he was hungover

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Friend blacked out [Re: cosmo123]
    #4474530 - 07/30/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard reports of people briefly blacking out on shrooms, although it is extremely uncommon and I have no idea why it should happen. In all cases, it's likely that other factors were involved, such as injury, polydrug use at the time, dehydration, etc. It could have been a number of things. I certainly don't know.

--------------------

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4474627 - 07/30/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

We ususally don't like to sit in a room and listen to music. We are more of the exploring type. We want to explore the world.

It could very well be dehydration, and an injury because he stated that he has had a mild headache ever since the blow to the head.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4474762 - 07/30/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Liquidkick said:
We ususally don't like to sit in a room and listen to music. We are more of the exploring type. We want to explore the world.

i hear that.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4477480 - 07/31/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your mind is the world!

You can look outside yourself all you want. You will not find what you are exploring for. That void is infinite. Desire, that is.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Friend blacked out [Re: mecreateme]
    #4477986 - 07/31/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if you guys dosed in the day and didnt eat any real food, spent hours walking around and exploring, then went to a club, he could have passed out from that. Its happened to me, but only with weed. I didnt eat anything for a whole day, smoked about an 1/8 of some heads, and almost passed out crossing the street. Thank god my ex was there to hail me a cab otherwise i would have been pretty fucked.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4478387 - 07/31/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

low blood pressure + anxiety probably made him faint. I have seen it happen a few times. Once a friend collapsed after getting off a ride at kings island and my head about exploded being dosed. Thankfully the sober person handled. Shrooms + a club is not a good mix in my opinion. Anymore i only like to take psychadelics in a controlled friendly environment like my place or a trusted friends place.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineJon
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: baraka]
    #4478503 - 07/31/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have blacked out on mazatapecs. The trip was really like spiritual for some reason but it was also uncontrollable. This was also off abhorts, less than a gram too and it still blew me away, never tripped like this off and 8th ever. I was sitting on my chair and I was watching a movie on my computer (Computer moniter hertz affects trips horribly for me.) and I turned it off because it was just too unbearable. I thought I was fine but some how I woke up on the floor, my head hurt like a bitch, bong water everywhere and my chair was tipped over, and its a pretty sturdy chair. I had the worst trip after that and started losing long tracks of time blacking out in and out or just zoning out I dont know. I woke up the next day with a bit of a shroom hangover, still a little altered. By the afternoon I felt fine, there was still a huge bump on my head so i got that checked out. I was completely fine. My opinion was the hypertension caused by the substance. I also took some sleeping pills to try to sleep on the trip, it was really psychologically painful at the time I seem to remember and I was just aching for the cluster of thoughts and migraines to stop. This was probably a pretty bad idea.

Edited by Jon (07/31/05 08:17 PM)

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Friend blacked out [Re: baraka]
    #4478528 - 07/31/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've seen my wife pass out twice on psychedelics.  Once was on acid, which really blows my mind. 

We were watching Keller Williams at a festival 2 yrs ago and she just zoinked out.  Scarriest(sp?) 20 seconds of my life.  I'm tripping balls and my wife's on the ground with her eyes rolled back in her head.  We're on a mountain in  the middle of West Virginia.

Funny thing is, she had this peaceful smile on her face and when she woke up, she felt refreshed like she had slept a while. 
But goddamn....

Then last year she passed out on mushrooms towards the end of a trip.  But we were dealing wit this guy who had never tripped before and ate an eighth.  He was saying shit like, "Get the gun" and "everthing is shit"  and had the worst trip anyone could ever have. 

Anyhow, I think that my wife's brain just gets overloaded and just shuts down temporarily.  I don't know but it happens. 

She doesn't trip anymore.  :teleport:

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4479059 - 07/31/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
sounds like dehydration. especially since he was hungover

Exactly. Hangover trips should be avoided not only because they are generally unpleasant, but are potentially dangerous. There was another discussion about shrooms, hangovers and stomach problems in this forum. I think it should be written somewhere as a rule: "DONT TRIP WITH A HANGOVER!"

Offline_the_seeker_
Stranger

Re: Friend blacked out [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4479578 - 08/01/05 01:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

4 grams isnt too much, the most ive dosed at once was 12 grams and was fine, it was probably another factor like heat and water as already mentioned.

Offlinebobbycraig

Re: Friend blacked out [Re: _the_seeker_]
    #4480296 - 08/01/05 08:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

one time i had eaten around 2 gs and was watching tv or a movie at a friends and i could feel things not going right and i was begining to blackout and began to feel sick, i decided i had to get outside so i managed to get up and as i was walking through the kitchen to the back door it was like it was trying to get out before my vision completely went black like the blackness was creeping in from the sides and i can remember losing my motor skill and having a hard time reaching the door and stumbling, and my vision going completely black as my hand reached the knob and then i puked all over the outside and then was really pale but felt fine afterwords.
i was most likely drinking at the time but only beer and not enough to be drunk or feel anything but the mushrooms really.
not to mention that i was an avid mushroom user at the time and 2gs shouldnta been a thang.

one time while hotboxing a car on shrooms my friend on like 3 gs said he felt fucked got out of the car and then just dead-fell and smashed his head off the car. then for the rest of the night he was in bed concussed and he couldnt remember much but was still in the middle of a mushroom buzz so he kept waking up and being like 'what did you do to me'....man i hate that guy.

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: bobbycraig]
    #4480317 - 08/01/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Myself and a friend i know (on a seperate occasion) have blacked out on medium-low doses of shrooms whilst drinkin alcholo, i was in a friends hotel room went in the toilet and collapsed and broke the toilet roll holder (had to pay $160 to replace it) and then got up stumbled out and blacked out fell on the tiled floor and cracked my head. Woke up to a hell hot chick sitin over me which made it worth while til someone told me i had my pants down still when i came out of the toilet :penis:

I dont drink more than 1 maybe 2 beers now when shroomin cos im certian thats what caused it. I was feelin fine prior.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4480333 - 08/01/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This happens alot, do a search, you'll find me saying just about the same as monkey lock about my girlfriend, blacked out twice, during high stress, while exhausted, with extreame blood pressure changes, twice. Once on acid, once on mushrooms..eyes rolled back in head too, a little tremors, woke up fine and didnt remember not being awake...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Friend blacked out [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4481019 - 08/01/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, i guess this is not unusual.

I personally have never even come close to blacking out. I am always wired out when on my trip.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds