Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejaspergreasyfood
Stranger
fruiting my cakes outdoors
    #4479665 - 08/01/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have 3 cakes that are very close to being completely fuzzed over, and I am not going to be able to let these things continue growing indoors. Once I have the cakes ready for fruiting, could I leave them ouside overnight(possibly on a sheet of aluminum foil), and have shrooms ready for picking in the morning?

Also, on the subject of storage and drying out the shrooms, what kind of methods would you guys recommend considering factors of little space and time to deal with. I'm not trying to get a giant amount of crop. If I could end with an ounce dryed out, I'd have too much shrooms to deal with.

Thanks for the help :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: jaspergreasyfood]
    #4479688 - 08/01/05 01:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think they'll be ready by morning. I'd dunk and roll em' first and make sure the temp stays around 70-73 for your pins to start.

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4479718 - 08/01/05 01:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jaspergreasyfood said:
could I leave them ouside overnight(possibly on a sheet of aluminum foil), and have shrooms ready for picking in the morning?

NO.  It is possible to fruit outside, but not overnight.

Quote:

Also, on the subject of storage and drying out the shrooms, what kind of methods would you guys recommend considering factors of little space and time to deal with.

the quickest and best way in my opinion is a food dehydrator.  I got one for 5 bucks used.  ~24 hours and it doesn't take up too much space.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Offlinejaspergreasyfood
Stranger
Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: Newbie]
    #4479778 - 08/01/05 01:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what do you mean by dunk and roll? im sorry if im being too much of a noob.

Offlinejaspergreasyfood
Stranger
    #4479785 - 08/01/05 01:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

better yet, how should go along for a succesful outdoor grow? the temps get near 100 daily, so assume a nice shady spot would be best. any other tips are appreciated.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #4479820 - 08/01/05 02:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Submerge the cakes in a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide. You only need about a tablespoon for a small jar. Keep them under water and in the fridge for 12-24 hours, then roll them in vermiculite. Don't worry about contams, the h2o2 took care of that plus once cakes are colonized they can fight off enemy bacteria pretty well. Once you've done this make sure they have high humidity and temps in the low 70's. Good luck man!

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: Newbie]
    #4479832 - 08/01/05 02:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

a tablespoon may be a little much for a dunk. About 3% H202 to 97% water. I would put no more than a capful in.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4480372 - 08/01/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i dumped out some of my casings into my grass cliping pile and it just finished up its 3 or 4th flush outdoors now.. averaging about 2 oz dried per flush. i just go out and water it if its been a couple days since it rained..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

OfflineRab15bit
Evil Leppercon
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4480796 - 08/01/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

why can you grow indoors... If its a problem of stealth, grow invitro

--------------------

Edited by Rab15bit (08/01/05 12:22 PM)

Offlineicculus_
helpingphriendly inc.

Loc: the mountains
Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: Rab15bit]
    #4480825 - 08/01/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lucky u willma

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: icculus_]
    #4480884 - 08/01/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dont stick your cakes in the fridge when you dunk them. Dunk them in room temp, if you cold shock you'll only end up delaying your pinning even more.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: coda]
    #4480911 - 08/01/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

maybe for you, my friend coldshocks for 24 hours and his cakes usually start pinning within 3-4 days. it might only work better for certain strains, but i know for a fact it works in a positive way for z-strain.

--------------------

Offlinejaspergreasyfood
Stranger
Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4481510 - 08/01/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

willmafingerdo said:
i dumped out some of my casings into my grass cliping pile and it just finished up its 3 or 4th flush outdoors now.. averaging about 2 oz dried per flush. i just go out and water it if its been a couple days since it rained..

if i decide to just pull the cakes out of their jars when they are ready (about 2 days after they are completely molded over), and decide to leave em outside, under shade, how long would it take to begin getting some shrooms?

this is in s. florida. its pretty damn humid mixed in with heat, and the shady spots are still hot, but should be a good temp. i would probably water them daily to get em moist. im thinking of having them propped off the ground an a tray of some sort. you mentioned grass clippings, how could I use grass clippings to help as a feed? could i just crumble up the cakes and mix them up with some sort of food like the grass clippings?

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#4481694 - 08/01/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You won't have success tossing your cakes out side, guaranteed. As far as fruiting over night, that's not happening either. You're obviously constrained for time and space, and you only have 3 cakes you're dealing with, so if I were you I would either hide the jars somewhere and forget about them and let them grow invitro or just toss them outside and pray that they'll fruit, which I can promise they won't. Cakes are cheap and easy to make, just make more when you have time/space.

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: fruiting my cakes outdoors [Re: coda]
    #4482402 - 08/01/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
dont stick your cakes in the fridge when you dunk them. Dunk them in room temp, if you cold shock you'll only end up delaying your pinning even more.

Yea, this is another heavily debated issue on the forum when it comes to cubes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck