Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I am getting an 8th this weekend or next. I plan to make tea with it being that I have a sensitive stomach. ok so if ginger helps with the stomach and I have some powdered ginger, could I just throw it in to the tea (don't know how much to use) and stir it in? would that make it taste bad or good?
Also when making this tea, is it possible that all of the 'magic' in these mushrooms wont be fully dissolved into the water? I ask this because I want to get everything I can out of the 8th. So if something is left over maybe I could swallow the remaining pieces of ground up mushrooms to get that last bit of zing out of them?! I have never made tea before (it shows) and I don't know how the mushrooms will react after being wet...if they will be just too gross to down after the tea. Thank you.
-------------------- My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.
"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
This is what works for me, first I chop or grind the shrooms as much as possible. Second bring 1-2 cups of water to a boil and drop in the ground shrooms. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer or a filter of some sort (i.e coffee filter or a piece of cloth). Press or squeeze as much water from the shrooms as possible. If you are concerned about getting everything out of the shrooms you can repeat the process a second time with fresh water and maybe reduce the amount of water so that you don't have so much to drink when you are finished. I have used this process more times than I can count with no noticeable potency loss. If you are still concerned about getting everything out you should just eat them, It's the only way to be sure, however It's not necessary. especially if you are concerned about your stomach! The active chemicals only make up about 1% of the fruit bodies, It's the other 99% that make you sick! As for the ginger and tea or what ever you want to flavor the water with is best added after the boiling process however I don't think it makes much difference. A little lemon juice in the water during the boiling process will help prevent oxidation and help in the extraction process IMO. As far as the ginger I would start with about a tsp. then taste. If you like the taste of ginger than you could add more. It's really trial and error, Everyone reacts differently. All I know for sure is if you avoid eating the fruit bodies you will have less stomach problems. Good luck and enjoy!!!!
-------------------- Reality is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there!