Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Beef Jerky, Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwang
But if the arrowis straight...
Should I let a bunch of first timers shroom at once?
    #4477195 - 07/31/05 03:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Situation: I've taken 4 or so times in the past, but it has been about 2 years. None of the friends I will be with this weekend have ever taken. There are 6-7 of us who want to trip. I am concerned that someone might freak out on them. It occurred to me, just to get my 2 more spiritual and closer friends some, and tell the others I can't get any more (am I a dick?). By the time we take them I will have had them for over 2 weeks. I am hoping they will still be good. They were dried, and I grinded them up in a grinder and put them into capsules, put those inside a film case with one of those moisture absorber packs (like you find in vitamins or packaged jerky), inside a glass jar filled with co2.
5 first time trippers and I tripping, with 2 people not tripping present an okay situation? Or, 2 first time trippers and I tripping, with 5 people not tripping present a much better situation?

Some semi-related questions: As I was searching for a different question I read something that sparked this question - If I am taking 5 capsules (approx 2.5g) should I take them all at once, or maybe space it out with 5min between each capsule?
When people don't eat before taking, is this because of the nausea, or to start tripping faster, or it increases the power of the trip? I know this and similar questions have been posted a lot (I did search, and saw the # of results) but I couldn't find a clear simple answer.

I started browsing and searching shroomery.org years ago, but this is my first post.
Excuse my rambling
-Cheers

--------------------
-Cheers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Should I let a bunch of first timers shroom at once? [Re: Twang]
    #4477198 - 07/31/05 03:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think it makes you a dick at all to try and thin out the group. Tripping in large groups is something to get used to, in my opinion. I've been at a couple of places where there were just bowls of dried mushrooms and lots of people picking at them, who had never taken them before..

I think the more intense trip with 2 closer friends is the way to go. Just the three of you, not even a sitter.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineToqomS
Shroomery Ding Dong

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Should I let a bunch of first timers shroom at once? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4477215 - 07/31/05 03:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with Tumbleweed, you wanna keep the numbers down to be able to control the situation. Otherwise you could get in a bad spot where one of them wants to do something stupid and the other noobies agree, where if you had 2 noobies it's easy to convince them out of shit.

I did a similar trip with 3 other people and they ended up leaving me cause I just wanted to walk around outside by Boulder Creek and smoke every so often. They left me to go to a bar and I don't like being around non-trippers when I'm trippin...

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Should I let a bunch of first timers shroom at once? [Re: Toqom]
    #4477220 - 07/31/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If your not a practiced shaman then dont even consider trying to control a group of noobs.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4477231 - 07/31/05 03:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

For me, fresher, is quicker but dried seems to really put me with the gods,just chop
them up and put into juice, kick the losers out, and have a really killer journey,

OfflineTwang
But if the arrowis straight...
Re: Should I let a bunch of first timers shroom at once? [Re: rod]
    #4477275 - 07/31/05 03:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the replies so far. Unfortunately, we have thinned out the group as much as possible for the "shroom night". It is sort of a road trip, friends coming from all over meeting up for the last time this summer. I hate large gatherings. I'm thinking I am just going to give some to my 2 closer friends. The others will just get drunk.

Keep the replies coming :smile:

Cheers

--------------------
-Cheers

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#4477333 - 07/31/05 03:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not even going to read what you posted, just by the title I can tell you it's a bad idea if these kids are just used to weed and shit and if there's going to be more than 3 of them. Shit can go wrong too fast. But you may have posted how many people are involved and their drug experience, but I wouldn't know. I just wouldn't do it.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4477337 - 07/31/05 03:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Groups of 3 are usually fine. 5 or more is when it starts getting out of control. Having sitters (even if they are drunk) is always a good idea.

I would take the capsules all at once. If its only 2.5g's, then spreading the dose out could weaken the experience. Deoxydizers and CO2 are a good idea, but not necessary for short periods of storage.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Should I let a bunch of first timers shroom at once? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4477559 - 07/31/05 05:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It's very difficult to manage a large group of inexperienced trippers. Unless you do this kind of thing for a living, I wouldn't attempt it.

At 2 weeks the shrooms should still be good, depending on moisture, of course. Keep them in well-sealed bags (I personally put my shrooms in plastic bags, then those into glass containers just to be sure no air can get in :smile:) If you made sure they were cracker-dry before you ground them and put them into the capsules, they should last quite a while.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Should I let a bunch of first timers shroom at once? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4477915 - 07/31/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with everyone else. keep it small. You're not being a dick. If anything you are saving them all from a really shitty experiance.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Beef Jerky, Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience