Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I don't know the first thing about mushrooms
    #4475153 - 07/30/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

But why is there a whole section dedicated to Amanitas in the photo gallery? are these the dangerous/deadly ones? am I missing something? Sorry for n00bism to teh max

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: BurnOneDown]
    #4475168 - 07/30/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:32 AM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4475171 - 07/30/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

They also make excellent subjects for photography.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: gdman]
    #4475208 - 07/30/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:31 AM)

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
    #4475278 - 07/30/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A couple species of amanitas (muscaria and pantherina) are psychoactive, some others are edible, and a few more are deadly poisonous. The psychoactive ones are totally different chemically and by experience than psilocybes, and a lot of people don't enjoy them (though there are those of us that certainly do).

And, as gdman brought up, they make for awesome pics. Few mushrooms can rival the beauty of a good Amanita muscaria - the bright red one with white warts, famous from all manner of fairy tales.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: GulGen]
    #4476579 - 07/31/05 07:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the reason theres a whole section dedicated to them is because they are believed to be by many anthropologists the sacred soma of religious lore and history.  in short.

:heart:

www.jamesarthur.net is brilliant on the subject, though dont take my word for it, read a book! :wink:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: Todcasil]
    #4476752 - 07/31/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Some people like the effects of amanitas, but most people I've spoken with who have done it would not repeat the experience. It's quite different from psilocybin. Also, the psychoactive constituents of amanita muscaria are considered toxic, while psilocybin and psilocin are perfectly safe.

--------------------

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4477057 - 07/31/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the reason most people dont like Amanitas is because they are fucking with something they can't handle. the effects of Amanitas at higher doses require a strong mind to handle. they are nothing like other drugs. in addition, most people tend to dose far too much their first time. a light dose of 3 or 4 grams, prepared properly, provides a pleasent opiate like sedation, which is a great way to start. many people make the mistake of thinking that since they can handle other drugs fine at high doses they can handle the Amanitas fine at high doses, which is both ignorant and idiotic. it is not a drug which you take "to get fucked up", like mushrooms, lsd, marijuana and many others can be. as far as ive experienced, you can take 3 or 4 grams for a pleasent sedation (which is not at all a "fucked up" feeling, just a relaxed, pleasant feeling) or you can go for the higher doses and discover things you may not be ready to cope with.

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: Chiefess]
    #4477090 - 07/31/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that it is a deliriant at high doses, and most people are totally inexperienced with that type of drug. I personally have never dabbled in deliriants and probably never will. True hallucinations and anticholinergic effects might be just too much.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: Todcasil]
    #4477157 - 07/31/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
the reason theres a whole section dedicated to them is because they are believed to be by many anthropologists the sacred soma of religious lore and history. in short.

It's said that certain barbarians used Amainta muscaria to get pumped up or enraged before battle and so they wouldnt feel pain or lose courage, something the barbarians are famous for. Also, on a more touchy subject, its said that Jesus used Amanitas to perform miracles (i.e. Jesus ate Amanitas which gave his piss "alchohol-like" effects and also turned it red, a proven aspect of Amanitas). Some speculate that they didnt eat bread and drink wine at the last supper, but ate Amanits (which feels like human skin under water) and drank muscimol infused urine.

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: I don't know the first thing about mushrooms [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4477301 - 07/31/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
It's said that certain barbarians used Amainta muscaria to get pumped up or enraged before battle and so they wouldnt feel pain or lose courage, something the barbarians are famous for.

Yes, it is widely believed that the Norse 'Berserkers' ate Amanitas before heading to battle as it would drive them into an insane battle mode (hence the name Berserker) which gave them the strength of three men, a lack of fear, and struck terror into their enemies.

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates