Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion
    #4476171 - 07/31/05 02:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A suspected member of the 21 July bomb cell has told investigators he was motivated by the Iraq war, not religion

Osman Hussain, suspected of attempting to blow up commuters in Shepherd's Bush, west London, has given an extraordinary account of a plot hatched in a basement gym in Notting Hill, according to leaks from his interrogation by Italian investigating magistrates.

The suspected would-be bomber is reported to have denied links to the cell that killed 52 people two weeks earlier. But that outrage acted as a "signal" for the second gang to launch its own attack.

The 27-year-old Ethiopian-born Briton, also known as Isaac Hamdi, was questioned by two judges after being arrested in Rome on Friday.

"Rather than praying, we had discussions about work, politics, the war in Iraq," Hussain said of the gatherings in the gym, according to La Repubblicanewspaper and an Italian news agency.

The would-be bombers watched films, "especially those in which you saw women and children killed and exterminated by the English and American soldiers, or widows, mothers and daughters who were crying".

The propaganda helped to foster the group's "political conviction that it is necessary to give a signal, to do something", Hussain was quoted by La Repubblica as saying.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article302774.ece

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4476216 - 07/31/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

But does the war in Iraq make non-muslims blow up trains? They blew up London because Muslims are dying. They have an alligience to Islam and making sure Muslims are not killed by non muslims. Doesn't matter when other Muslims kill eachother, but when a Kafir kills a Muslim, that's total disgrace.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineVex
Stranger
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: downforpot]
    #4476470 - 07/31/05 05:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The point here is, of course, that this is a real live terrorist saying why he is doing what he is doing .! He's doing it because of the Iraq war, and here's the thing...The Iraq war, as many of us have suspected, is creating more terrorists, which of course means that it is making us less secure. Many of us have said that's what's going to happen for many many months now, and this is pretty much vindication/proof, in some ways.

It's just like when BIN LADEN, the leader of terrorists, came out and said that the reason they are attacking us is because of U.S. foreign policy and our aid to Israel. It's the same thing because war supporters/conservatives/our moron president IGNORE these statements and instead choose to spout/buy into, ridiculous propaganda about how terrorists attack us because they are jealous and they hate our freedoms :rolleyes: Not to mention of course the loony idea that all Muslim terrorists are set on taking over the world and establishing a world wide Islamic state. I mean, believe which ever loons you want, the few who say they want to take over the world, or the ones who actively attack western countries in their homeland  :eek: It's basic common sense people.

So here it is folks, straight from the horses mouth (again) about why the terrorists are terrorists, and this time the answer is IRAQ. Go figure...Guess who is not surprised.

Edited by Vex (07/31/05 05:20 AM)

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: Vex]
    #4476488 - 07/31/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Vex said:
The point here is, of course, that this is a real live terrorist saying why he is doing what he is doing .! He's doing it because of the Iraq war, and here's the thing...The Iraq war, as many of us have suspected, is creating more terrorists, which of course means that it is making us less secure. Many of us have said that's what's going to happen for many many months now, and this is pretty much vindication/proof, in some ways.

It's just like when BIN LADEN, the leader of terrorists, came out and said that the reason they are attacking us is because of U.S. foreign policy and our aid to Israel. It's the same thing because war supporters/conservatives/our moron president IGNORE these statements and instead choose to spout/buy into, ridiculous propaganda about how terrorists attack us because they are jealous and they hate our freedoms :rolleyes: Not to mention of course the loony idea that all Muslim terrorists are set on taking over the world and establishing a world wide Islamic state. I mean, believe which ever loons you want, the few who say they want to take over the world, or the ones who actively attack western countries in their homeland  :eek: It's basic common sense people.

So here it is folks, straight from the horses mouth (again) about why the terrorists are terrorists, and this time the answer is IRAQ. Go figure...Guess who is not surprised.

No one is going to debate the fact that some people were drawn to terrorism because of the Iraq war. That doesn't change the fact that the U.S went to war because we deemed it the necessary thing to do.

Should we let the possibilty that we might make a crazy muslim mad influence all of our policy decisions?

On the bright side, there are now more terrorists to kill!

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: looner2]
    #4476508 - 07/31/05 06:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That doesn't change the fact that the U.S went to war because we deemed it the necessary thing to do.

What kind of an excuse is that? Hitler deemed exterminating the jews was the necessary thing to do. Does that make it right?

Edited by IsaacHunt (07/31/05 06:38 AM)

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4476511 - 07/31/05 06:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:
That doesn't change the fact that the U.S went to war because we deemed it the necessary thing to do.

What kind of an excuse is that? Hitler deemed exterminating the jews was the necessary thing to do. Does that make it right?

I'm sorry, did you have trouble following my previous statement? It goes like this, your actions should be weighed by positives (whatever reason for the Iraq war) and the negatives (increased potential threats) and a decision should be made. We made that decision, and hence accept everything. No one expected war and its consequences to bring down a banner of peace and hope for eternity.

Your statement really made no sense in context with the thread, but I find it increasingly awesome the amount of hitler/nazi sayings everyday. Some people must really be getting desperate for new talking points.

--------------------

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
    #4476523 - 07/31/05 06:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry, did you have trouble following my previous statement?

What previous statement?

It goes like this, your actions should be weighed by positives (whatever reason for the Iraq war) and the negatives (increased potential threats) and a decision should be made

Do you understand the concept of right and wrong? Do you understand launching illegal wars of aggression and slaughtering countless thousands of innocent people is wrong?

but I find it increasingly awesome the amount of hitler/nazi sayings everyday

It's about right and wrong.

Some people must really be getting desperate for new talking points.

Like your "bright side" statement? Innocent people are dying because Bush launched an illegal war and slaughtered thousands of innocent people. There is no "bright side" to this.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4476604 - 07/31/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:
Do you understand the concept of right and wrong? Do you understand launching illegal wars of aggression and slaughtering countless thousands of innocent people is wrong?

I sure do know what is right and wrong. Defending your country is right, and not doing so is wrong.

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:
Like your "bright side" statement? Innocent people are dying because Bush launched an illegal war and slaughtered thousands of innocent people. There is no "bright side" to this.

Look, I knew this thread would degenerate into another talking point shit flinging contest about the Iraq war, but you could at least try to stick to the point of your thread.

You want to use the consequences of an action as a foothold to denounce the action, but it doesn't work that way. The new terrorists that have arisen from our actions will have to be dealt with in an on-going plan. That is how things work, and how they should continue to work. If a nation hangs its head in shame that we have new enemies and that everything isn't peachy than the only word to describe us is weak. Thats not an option when the job of defending a nation is at hand.

--------------------

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
    #4476616 - 07/31/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I sure do know what is right and wrong

Then you will agree that launching illegal wars of aggression is wrong.

Defending your country is right, and not doing so is wrong.

What has this to do with anything? Are you trying to claim that launching a war against Iraq was "defending your country"?

Look, I knew this thread would degenerate into another talking point shit flinging contest about the Iraq war,

It's you flinging the shit, I merely posted an article where the London bomber says his attempted attack was in response to the Iraq war. Do you have a problem with that?

You want to use the consequences of an action as a foothold to denounce the action, but it doesn't work that way

Are you trying to claim actions don't have consequences?

The new terrorists that have arisen from our actions will have to be dealt with in an on-going plan. That is how things work, and how they should continue to work

What a dead end view of the world.

If launching wars on other countries creates terrorism why not stop launching them?

Thats not an option when the job of defending a nation is at hand.

What nation do you claim to be defending?

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
    #4476738 - 07/31/05 09:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If that doesn't shut up Blair and his "Terrorism is nothing to do with the war in Iraq" views I don't know what will. Though he'll still try and twist his way out of it no doubt.

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #4476783 - 07/31/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Defending your country is right, and not doing so is wrong.

Not neccessarily. Were the soldiers defending Iraq against a US invasion right? I would say yes others might say no. How about soldiers defending Germany while Hitler was invading the world? Were they right?

Your statements.
We made that decision, and hence accept everything.
Should we let the possibilty that we might make a crazy muslim mad influence all of our policy decision?

Of course the US should. Before the government acts they need to take into account all possible consequences.

Thats not an option when the job of defending a nation is at hand.

And exactly what was the thread Iraq posed?

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #4476825 - 07/31/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'll probably leave this looner to continue, but there's one phrase Alex has repeated a couple of times which I can't resist fisking:

Quote:

Then you will agree that launching illegal wars of aggression is wrong.

-- the coalition countries didn't "launch" anything -- they resumed hostilities which had been temporarily interrupted in order to allow Hussein's regime time to comply with the terms of the conditional ceasefire agreement laid out in UN resolutions which was signed in 1991. The only one who "launched" anything was Hussein when he launched the invasion of Kuwait in late 1990.

-- the resumption of hostilities was not "illegal". The precedent for resuming hostilities when one side ignores the terms of a conditional ceasefire is as old as the history of warfare.

-- Hussein's initiation of the attempted conquest of Kuwait was an example of aggression. The response to it was not. The coalition forces ceased major military operations when Hussein's Ba'athist regime was toppled. The coalition countries are not a conquering force nor a colonizing force. Ever since the running of Iraq was turned over to the Iraqis in mid June of 2004, the coalition forces have remained at the sole pleasure of the Iraqi authorities. Their operations are not "aggressive" but reactive.

Carry on, looner.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: Phred]
    #4476896 - 07/31/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

but there's one phrase Alex

Who are you talking to?

the coalition countries didn't "launch" anything -- they resumed hostilities which had been temporarily interrupted in order to allow Hussein's regime time to comply with the terms of the conditional ceasefire agreement laid out in UN resolutions which was signed in 1991

If this is what you wish to delude yourself into believing go ahead. Be aware that it has nothing to do with reality.

the resumption of hostilities was not "illegal".

If it's between believing you or the UN, I'll stick with the UN.

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has told the BBC the US-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter.

Richard Perle, a senior adviser to the US defence secretary, said the US had broken international law, blaming French reluctance to attack Iraq for leaving Washington with "no practical mechanism consistent with the rules of the UN for dealing with Saddam Hussein".

"I think in this case international law stood in the way of doing the right thing," said Perle in London in comments published by the British media on Thursday. "International law ... would have required us to leave Saddam Hussein alone."

The coalition countries are not a conquering force nor a colonizing force

They are an occupying force.

Their operations are not "aggressive" but reactive.

From your point of view perhaps. From the point of view of an Iraq defending his homeland against an occupying force they are clearly aggressive.

Carry on, looner

If those are your best points "leaving it to looner" is your best option.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #4477043 - 07/31/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The UN is the League of Nations, they can't do jack shit. Waste of fucking money.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4477059 - 07/31/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hussein has every chance to follow the UN regulations. He chose not to, and he and his people faced the consequences of doing so.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: Redstorm]
    #4477065 - 07/31/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Because he knew the UN wouldn't do shit. The same goes for the US, everyone knew the UN can't do shit.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: Redstorm]
    #4477079 - 07/31/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: newuser1492]
    #4477095 - 07/31/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hahahahahah

--------------------

Then shot in his head

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: Phred]
    #4477121 - 07/31/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

-- the coalition countries didn't "launch" anything --

Classic example of manipulating the meaning of words there. The 1st gulf war was over, saddam wasn't a threat to anyone. We then "launched" a 2nd gulf war to topple him the rest of the way. Our govt used the countries post-9/11 emotions to get support for iraq and lying about the whole thing along the way. You say we didn't "launch"? That we just resumed? That is bullshit cuz if we just "resumed" then our troops would have still been there to resume it. But no, our troops weren't there they had to be "launched" on ships to get to iraq. So actually this war was "launched" from the shores of america, not resumed by troops already in the middle east.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bomber motivated by Iraq war, not religion [Re: Sycronica]
    #4477123 - 07/31/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

We just should have put a .50 cal bullet in that scumfuck's head and saved us all this trouble.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order