Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Zen Green Tea Liqueur
    #4476711 - 07/31/05 10:54 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Cultural influences from the Far East continue to influence Western palates as a different kind of spirit makes its mark among the discerning cocktail set. Today, Suntory International and Allied Domecq Spirits, North America (NYSE:AED) introduce ZEN Green Tea Liqueur, a unique blend of the finest Japanese green tea leaves, premium herbs and natural flavors; the first super-premium green tea liqueur ever introduced in America. From the ZENTONIC to the ZEN SAKETINI, cocktail connoisseurs can relax and relate with a new kind of ZEN.

With this new super-premium liqueur, ZEN is set to create a new spirits category in the U.S. ?Green tea is one of the hottest drinks in America today,? said Shin Adachi, vice president, sales and marketing, Suntory International Corp. In recent years, green tea has crossed over from ?Asian specialty? to the mainstream, with green tea products from soft drinks, to ice cream, to chewing gum sold by major brands.

ZEN & the Art of the Spirit
For thousands of years, people have enjoyed the mutually exclusive pleasures of green tea and fine spirits. Now, ZEN Green Tea Liqueur brings these separate pleasures together for the first time with its distinctive taste and ideology. Derived from the essence of the ceremonial Japanese Green Tea, this fresh and original liqueur is made from a harmonious blend of the finest ingredients in perfect balance, combining time-honored Japanese traditions of quality and craftsmanship with a modern sense of elegance and style.
ZEN Green Tea Liqueur uses carefully selected Kyoto green tea leaves of the highest grade grown by one of the most famous producers of fine teas in Japan, Marukyu-Koyama-En, which has been cultivating tea for more than 300 years. Infusing neutral spirits with whole and ground green tea leaves, ZEN is then blended in several herbs, such as lemongrass, along with other natural flavors to achieve its exquisite taste.

?With the growing popularity of green tea and premium liqueurs, along with the growing interest in Japanese food and culture, this is the ideal time to introduce the first super-premium green tea liqueur to the American market,? said Simon Hunt, executive vice president of marketing, Allied Domecq Spirit, North America.

ZEN Cocktail Creations
ZEN is well-suited for today?s sophisticated cocktail culture and entices with a distinctive green color, unique flavor and pleasing aroma that stands up well chilled straight, on the rocks, or mixed. Some of New York City?s top bartenders have developed ZEN cocktail recipes, which will be featured in prominent establishments around the country.

ZEN cocktails include the ZENTINI, made with one part ZEN, two parts Stoli Citros and a splash of fresh lime juice; the ZENTONIC, with one part ZEN and three parts tonic water; and the ZEN SAKETINI, with one part ZEN and two parts sake.

ZEN will be available in bars, lounges and restaurants across the U.S. One of the world?s leading wine and spirits companies, Suntory has gained prominence in the American market with the recent success of its YAMAZAKI Single Malt Whisky and the perennial consumer interest in Midori? melon liqueur. Suntory has already been marketing several green tea liqueurs in Japan, but developed ZEN especially for the U.S. market and tailored it to suit the American palate.

I just saw this interesting looking bottle of liqueur being introduced at a liquor store yesterday, and almost bought it. Instead, I figured I'd get someone here at the Shroomery to test-taste it before I spend $30 bucks on a bottle of liqueur that I have no idea whether I will like or not.
Although, even if I didn't... the bottle itself is very, very decorative and stylish, at least.

Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Zen Green Tea Liqueur [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4476767 - 07/31/05 11:32 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That's messed up. I feel hostile to it for some reason.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub