Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesupertedd
Learner
 User Gallery
First timer needs help with fruiting.
    #4476492 - 07/31/05 07:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hello, I need some asssistance in getting my shrooms to fruit. It is my first attempt at growing.

I am 99% sure the spores I am using are from Copelandia Cyanscens I picked on my farm. I have successfully started the cultures growing in jars of brown rice.

Once fully colonized I transferred them into my terrarium I made from a fridge. The fridge is setup with UV light on the top shelf which is timed to come on 3 hours a day and has a container in the bottom with air stones and a fish tank heater. The temp remains around the 80F mark and the humidity remains around the 95% mark.

I have seen pin heads come up but never go any further and have noticed moisture on the rice cakes.

I am now trying rye seed and birdseed as a growing medium to see if it makes a difference.

I could take some pics if it would help anyone determining my problem. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Todd. sammorrow@iprimus.com.au

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: First timer needs help with fruiting. [Re: supertedd]
    #4476502 - 07/31/05 07:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Everything sounds good there apart from the fact u using a UV light. get rid of it and use an actinic or a normal 6500k fluro will be fine.

If you got pins but they didnt mature it may be the cakes didnt have enough moisture. Also were you givin them adequate FAE (fresh air exchanges) or were u just relyin on the air stones? I have a similar setup to you and i still fan every 1-2hrs while im home, soemtimes they go without for 6-8hrs durin the day thou but i have had some really good results so i dont think im over fanin, i usually mist each time after i fan also but only very lightly.

HTH soemwhat.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: First timer needs help with fruiting. [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4476522 - 07/31/05 08:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I am 99% sure the spores I am using are from Copelandia Cyanscens I picked on my farm. I have successfully started the cultures growing in jars of brown rice.

Ouch...

Copes don't fruit in BRF....

You Have to spawn to H/poo.

A foaf tried to get Pan. Cyans to fruit like that and it didn't work out at all lol...

Your best bet is to pasturize some h/poo, pasturize it, and then go about spawning the cake(s) to it.

Gl

-Gnostic

Offlinesupertedd
Learner
 User Gallery
Re: First timer needs help with fruiting. [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4479541 - 08/01/05 02:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the help I will try exchanging fresh air more and also try spawning in poo.

Cheers.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation