Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehotshotaj
Stranger
has anyone tried a greenhouse this big?
    #4473632 - 07/30/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

8x8, 78inch high. It would be for indoors. If so how many cool mist or whatever it would take?

Edited by hotshotaj (07/30/05 01:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: has anyone tried a greenhouse this big? [Re: hotshotaj]
    #4473876 - 07/30/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

isnt that a tad excessive?  still would be cool nonetheless.  You'd probably have to calculate the volume of the greenhouse and find out how much air needs to be moved. Id say at least 3 for that thing tho, people use 2 for a simple greenhouse, that thing is way beyond simple :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4473886 - 07/30/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

no clue, but where did you get it? i am interested in one as i want to convert a room over into a bulk op, have been looking around.
where did you get it and how much was it?
peace

Offlinehotshotaj
Stranger
Re: has anyone tried a greenhouse this big? [Re: backupwards]
    #4473896 - 07/30/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Taget for $250. And then just put a tarp down for the bottom. The thing is i dont know how to light the thing. I mean with like 6-4 teir's inside what would i do to make sure all have lighting?

Offlinehotshotaj
Stranger
    #4473906 - 07/30/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

im thinking 5 to 6 cool mist for the bad boy. And maybe one humidifier just in case i need to use it some times.

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4473968 - 07/30/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you can get those guys for a lil cheaper than that... do a search on ebay for greenhouse/ garden hot house and it'll come up with similar items for about $60.
d

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #4473978 - 07/30/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My greenhouse is 4 x 8 x 84" tall. That one is almost twice the size. I use two coolmists sitting on shelves within the greenhouse tied to a humidistat. They only run five minutes or so each hour. They only need to be filled with water every three weeks or so. I'd say three to to four coolmists sitting inside that one will be great. Leave the door with a loose fit for air exchange. Note that you cant keep over about 80% humidity with coolmists so cakes are out of the question unless you keep them partially wrapped up with plastic sheeting. It's perfect for cased substrates though.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Re: has anyone tried a greenhouse this big? [Re: theBRINK]
    #4473985 - 07/30/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah that is where i have been looking at them (ebay) and they go for much less than that.
wow that is alot of coolmists to be running, there has to be some kind of a commercial size unit that could be used instead. i'll do some looking about and see what i find. i am looking at using rubber roofing as the flooring in mine, tarps will wear out quickly and leak through if water sits on them.
peace

Offlinehotshotaj
Stranger
    #4474577 - 07/30/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ya rubber roofing would be great to use tell me what i can do for that. Also if you find a commercial cool mist tell me because it would help. Also i dont know how to run the lighting because if you just have light on top what about the bottom trays?

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4474655 - 07/30/05 07:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you can go to a contractors supply and inquire about rubber roofing or go to lowes and get a piece of rubber pond liner at a better price.
sure will let ya know if i find something better than a little coolmist.

just have your lights in the middle or one for each shelf (overkill). i haven't yet used supplemental lighting but may get better results with it, don't really know yet. i think as long as you can see the casing surface then there is probably enough light.

peace

Offlineicculus_
helpingphriendly inc.

Loc: the mountains
    #4474764 - 07/30/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

scatman uses rope lights, you could rig that baby all over with rope lights no problem

Offlinehotshotaj
Stranger
Re: has anyone tried a greenhouse this big? [Re: icculus_]
    #4474767 - 07/30/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey i was wondering what kind of cheap shelves i could put inside it? Could i build wood shelves or would that mess it up?

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4474774 - 07/30/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i forgot about scats rope lights, too bad they don't come in grow type lights though.

i wouldn't go with wood, they will mold and get nasty in no time. go with something plastic or metal.
peace

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4474780 - 07/30/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Way back when, a foaf had a 8X8X20 ft cargo container, separated into 6X8x8 clean room & spawn incubation chamber, & the remainder as a 14X8X8 fruiting chamber.

A couple ultrasonic humidifiers, on a humidistat that turned them on (along with a small oscillating fan) did the trick for high Rh.

Also, used a small hepa ( LIKE THIS ), a small SQC fan & some 4 inch PVC to pipe to pipe in fresh air exchange. LOL, used an automotive engine filter as a pre/filter.

That created a very mild POSITIVE PRESSURE inside the fruiting chamber, with a very small vent, with another small filter over it, as exhaust.

It was all easy & cheap to build. So long as you planned it with some smarts, & thought out it's construction - WELL.

One thing you have to KEEP in mind is, running around 90% rh will cause a LOT of condensation on the walls, which drips to the floor & can pool. Which creates a breeding ground for contam's.

My foaf actually had to mop the floor with mild bleach water - every few days, to keep the floor drier & clean.

Lights were a few of these:

on a timer.

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Re: has anyone tried a greenhouse this big? [Re: agar]
    #4474795 - 07/30/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that is why i have not done it yet, still in the planning stages. checking out all the options. thanks for the tips again. pick, pick, pick your brain. there is so much in there i want to know.
peace

Offlinehotshotaj
Stranger
    #4475241 - 07/30/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

is a light above each rack going to be able to get enough light to the last couple of teirs? also will the light mess up inside with all the RH? agar thanks for the great ideas.

OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

#4558633 - 08/20/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

how do you plan on heating this up?

-peace

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #4558978 - 08/20/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't go with wood shelves in that thing. For reasons of cost, sterility, and labor. Some of those snap together plastic shelves at wal-mart would be easy to sterilize and are pretty cheap.

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder