Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleno1joe
out of the loop for a while
 User Gallery
real bad trip *DELETED*
    #4472072 - 07/29/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by no1joe

Reason for deletion: 1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: real bad trip [Re: no1joe]
    #4472244 - 07/30/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You really don't need mushrooms to have a "bad trip" in life. Some people suffer terrible depression and misery in everyday life. If you're the type to let feelings you experience while high affect your entire life then it's best to avoid them. If you are the type who can deal with feelings you'll be ok.

It's really got a lot more to do with who you are than how many mushrooms you take.

Offlinegoob
Sleepy

Re: real bad trip [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4472938 - 07/30/05 04:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My 911 bad trip took me to a holding cell in the county-jail then to a weird half-way house for a week where I was forced to take awful drugs.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: real bad trip [Re: goob]
    #4473194 - 07/30/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats one bad trip dude.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: real bad trip [Re: goob]
    #4473202 - 07/30/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

damn goob, You cant leave us hanging like that. Could you descibe the trip and circumstances that landed you in jail?

OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

Re: real bad trip [Re: prefloppro]
    #4473494 - 07/30/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My second dose of an eighth was a pretty unpleasant experience, what one might call a "bad trip" so here it goes.

In hindsight I think I put too much pressure on myself, as I'd organized a small gathering of about 6 people to all dose together. Everybody had the same ammount (3.5g per person), so after we made the smoothies (shrooms, juice, ice) we all decided to go next door to one of the person's deck. We sat outside as the shit started to hit us and for about an hour we watched the clouds and trees move around, it was absolutely spectacular. I remember the trees being very different, yet I can't explain exactly how. It was almost as if the gaps between the leaves were magnified and there was a certain majesty to the swaying of the trees and the sun setting behind it. My friend's dog came out to greet us all, and I remember his fur being a shiny almost iridescent color.  As I pet him for a while I realized his fur was made up of what appeared to be tiny little infinity symbols, which absolutely dumbfounded me.

So after a while of sitting doing nothing, me and two of my friends decided we wanted to go rip my bong, and the other three wanted to stay on the deck. This was the turning point, where things began to go sour. After a rip or two, I knew I was tripping and the weed was starting to give me some serious paranoia. I came to a quick realization that my friends were missing and I felt like I'd screwed up real bad and bugged out till they came back. I was still in a negative mindset but I'd calmed down at this point, and everybody was sitting in my room chilling.

We'd established a way to tell each other that everything was OK with a a hand signal and a few phrases we'd be able to repeat to anybody who was having a tough time, but I was apparently beyond help at this point. Sitting in my chair, I thought everybody in the room was out to get me, as if they were doing something to me and I didn't realize what was happening. I have a habit of letting things that bother me just happen and not doing anything about it, and I decided that my life was in serious danger so I yelled something about everybody screwing me or something like that, and then ran out of the house and preceded to walk from where my apartment was about three miles to downtown Providence.

The walk from the apartment to the city was hellish and confusing. I was convinced they'd done something to me that would cause me to die, and spent the entire time thinking that the whole experience was the end of me. I had terrible "ego loss", I was angry at myself and felt that my whole life was a wreck, that I had no friends and that I was going nowhere. I felt that when I "finished" what I was doing, this journey, I was to die- and halfway through I started to try to reason a way out of this "ride" I was on. It was almost as if a roller coaster had an incinerator room at the end that killed the occupants of all the cars at the end of the ride. Eventually I came to grips with dieing or at least as close as I could comprehend at the time, which was really tough to do may I add, and realized that no matter what happened if it was going to happen I couldn't stop it.

In retrospect, even though the walk downtown was hellish and terrifying, there were tons of visually stimulating things and just everyday objects that didn't look right. I was just so freaked out that I was ignoring the fun part of the trip.

Anyway, I got to one of the 7-11s downtown, and for some reason when I got inside I freaked again and decided to go to another one within close walking distance. I got only a water bottle, which when I think about it is a ridiculous reason to walk all the way into a city for, and then started to walk back to my apartment. Thorough the whole trip, I totally ignored the fact that I had a pass for the public bus system and that the busses were still running! On my way back a female friend of mine who was at the apartment called me and that was the first time in about three hours I answered my phone. Everybody who was there called me and left messages, about six or seven of them. As I was walking back I listened to these and realized I was just freaking out and that everything was OK. When I got back everybody was really happy to see me, they were worried I'd been hurt or even gotten myself injured or killed. I wasn't tripping hard anymore, but I don't think I've ever been more relieved to see my friends before in my life.

Now, what went wrong? First off, as I said before I think I put too much pressure on myself. I was sort of coordinating the whole mass tripping for us and I believe that once we did dose, since we had nothing to do, I felt "useless" or that I'd failed my friends and that I couldn't do anything right. One of my Friends who was tripping with us kept saying that "he's having a bad trip", which I think only intensified the feelings I was having. If you or one of your friends is freaking out and starting to have a bad trip, DO NOT TELL THEM THIS! It is a BAD choice of words. It didn't help then and it won't help in the future! Instead, calmly explain that any thoughts or things that are bothering them are because they took a powerful drug and that in a few hours everything will be ok. I wish I knew more about how to get one off a bad though process like this, but I've only had a few opportunities to trip so far.

Anyway, that's my account of what a "bad" trip can be. It was bad in a negative sense because I thought everybody was trying to kill me, but looking back on it one of, if not the only really important thing I learned was to respect the mushrooms. They are more powerful than I'd ever imagined, and I'm sure next time I'm going to do things a little differently.  :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: real bad trip [Re: MycoMateo]
    #4474097 - 07/30/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

weed tends to cause paranoia,or what i hear from people.it makes the trip way different.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: real bad trip [Re: no1joe]
    #4474537 - 07/30/05 06:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

no1joe said:Has anyone experienced somethin that would be bad to the sober person as well. Like getting into a fight or somethin like that?

Yes, that exactly. At high doses in particular, some people totally lose their grip on reality and have no idea what they're doing. They completely lose control of their actions, and yes, some people do attack others (and in many cases afterwards they don't even remember what happened!). I've seen it happen, and it can be horrible.

A good reason to take reasonable doses and make sure to have the correct set&setting!

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: real bad trip [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4474590 - 07/30/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:

It's really got a lot more to do with who you are than how many mushrooms you take.

BINGO.

OfflineIceCube
Stranger
Re: real bad trip [Re: MOTH]
    #4474968 - 07/30/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4474891/an/0/page/0 thats my bad trip report where my friend went just pshyco beyond words.

Offlinegoob
Sleepy

Re: real bad trip [Re: IceCube]
    #4475096 - 07/30/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

IceCube said:
Then a nurse comes in and says "Tyler wants to see you" so i am like "sure, send him in". He walks in looking like a bear attack victum, i guess before running to the hospital he was hoping fences in town, ran to his house.. then the hospital. We look at eachother, shake our heads and laugh, first thing I say 'what the fuck was going through your head'. He just laughs, shakes his head and says "You don't even wanna know".

I don't know if it is national policy but in florida they will detain you and bill socialsecurity (yours or your parents)

Looking back I wish I hadn't had the experience but at the time I thought it was really important (for the safety of others).

Yeah, Really Freaky.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom