Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
1st mushroom trip after 5 years. How does it feel after being away for a while?
    #4473097 - 07/30/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's gonna be my first trip after 5 years period today. I've done my share of MDMA, LSD and shrooms before, but decided and clean my act up for a while. During the last months I've been doing a lot of soul searching and decided I'm going to start using psychedelics again but this time more in the spirit of self-psychotherapy.

Anyway, today will be the night when I'll return to the shroom land. I'm a bit nervous but at the same time excited. I'm going to start with a low dose of 1.2 grams dry weight of p. cubensis (I have a sensitive body chemistry) in total darkness. I haven't decided yet if I should use any mellow music in the background or be in total silence...

I've made a search on the forum and I see a lot of people returning to the use of psychedelics after many years of growing up and maturing. Do you have any advice for somebody that is about to follow the same path? How did the experience change you?

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Re: 1st mushroom trip after 5 years. How does it feel after being away for a while? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4488067 - 08/03/05 02:19 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Once you grow up and mature, mushroom tripping tends to mellow out some in some sense. I think adults are less likely to have a bad trip often because they are more secure in themselves and let go easier. Right after you consume the mushrooms ask yourself, even pray if you wish, to be open to the experience of what the mushrooms will teach you and be humble. You are more mature now, so act mature and learn from the experience while having fun. I don't know why being humble and open to what the mushroom trip is trying to teach you helps, but believe me that it does.

As far as how mushrooms have changed me, they have enhanced my world view to be more open to other ideas and beliefs. They seem to have allowed me the chance to step out of the normal just far enough to see the deeper reasons people do what they do, and especially have helped me identify endeavors of vanity better.

Edited by Blue Helix (08/03/05 02:22 AM)

Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: 1st mushroom trip after 5 years. How does it feel after being away for a while? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4488122 - 08/03/05 02:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Have a wonderful time tonight...you seem like you've put a lot of thought into your grand return!  :cool:  As for music vs silence each has their charms.  Maybe see what you feel like after the mushrooms are down the hatch. 

I'm wishing you the best...safe travels. :heart:  :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience