Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying'
    #4472696 - 07/30/05 03:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

July 29, 2005 - sfgate.com

The White House drug czar said Friday that medical marijuana is "dying out" after the Supreme Court ruled earlier this year that federal authorities may prosecute sick people whose doctors prescribe pot to ease pain.

John Walters, the national drug policy director, said state legislative efforts to expand medical marijuana programs have stalled in the two months since the high court's ruling overrode laws in Hawaii and nine other states.

"I think it's dying out," Walters told reporters after a meeting with Hawaii drug treatment counselors and law enforcement officials. "The real issue here is, is it the safe and best way for medical treatment? We don't think the best thing for people who are really sick is to make them high and send them away."

Walters said the federal government was funding research into whether cannabis could be used as a source of "medically sound" drugs, but he said "smoked marijuana hasn't met that science."

Steve Kubby, national director of the American Medical Marijuana Association, objected to Walters' remark, saying there are "hundreds" of peer-reviewed scientific studies showing clear medical benefits from cannabis.

"The drug czar has blood on his hands for blocking the humane and medical use of cannabis for sick, disabled and dying people," Kubby said.

Kubby, a force behind the passage of a California proposition that legalized pot clubs, said marijuana can help treat nausea, pain, arthritis and cancer.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying' [Re: veggie]
    #4473115 - 07/30/05 09:51 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

<<We don't think the best thing for people who are really sick is to make them high and send them away.">>

Perhaps this asshole should take a closer look at the pharmaceutical companies if he truly believes this.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4476467 - 07/31/05 06:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

"The real issue here is, is it the safe and best way for medical treatment? We don't think the best thing for people who are really sick is to make them high and send them away."

That is between me and my doctor, not some prick with a bible stuck up his....

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz Happy Birthday
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying' [Re: Seuss]
    #4481150 - 08/01/05 03:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

come on people open your eyes, marijuana is the devil! dont believe me, just ask rush limbaugh  :rofl2:

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineBigBrassBed
Stranger
    #5883974 - 07/21/06 11:52 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
" We don't think the best thing for people who are really sick is to make them high and send them away."

/head explode. Every freaking opiate anyone?

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying' [Re: BigBrassBed]
    #5884016 - 07/21/06 12:21 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Smacks a good thing - MJ is straight from hell remember!

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#5884056 - 07/21/06 12:39 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

John Walters makes me want to punch babies in the face.

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying' [Re: DNKYD]
    #5884073 - 07/21/06 12:47 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Either way, it's gonna be O.K. They're never gonna get that genie back into the bottle.  :pirate:

--------------------
:orly:

OfflinePsiloptile
a legal alien
Male User Gallery

Re: Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying' [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5884134 - 07/21/06 01:12 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Aw.. :frown: Now my doc won't be able to perscribe any pot.. Shit, wherever will I find it now? I guess they've solved the pot problem.. Good for you, Mr. Drug Czar.. Surely, you've taken another dangerous addictive narcotic off of our streets.. Can you see the kids playing in the picket-fenced neighborhoods of the BRONX? BRAVO!

A bunch of pricks running this country, man.. I know this is become a tired old cliche at this point.. (Especially here in NYC, which is about as blue as blue states get) And these pricks have hundreds of millions of people fooled into thinking they're "free!" That the government is fighting for this great cause, looking out for its people. It's funny, really.. Whenever I speak to somebody from Europe or South America, or Russia.. Whenever I ask them what the general population of their respective country thinks of America, they all laugh.

Interesting thing comes to mind.. I just finished The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. (Highly recommended reading for anybody who is interested in the subject) The similarities between Pre-war Nazi Germany, and What's going on in the U.S. Government right now are striking. Everything was done for the 'love of the german people Deutschevolk'

I love this quote by Hermann Goering (#2 dude to Hitler for much of the short life of the Third Reich) ::

Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY.

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

God bless our leaders.. I miss Clinton.. Bloomberg's cool too.

--------------------
Everything I write is false.. I made it up.. Or did I? Yep.. I did.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying' [Re: Psiloptile]
    #5884202 - 07/21/06 01:44 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Please note, this is a bumped post from last year.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Drug Czar Says Medical Marijuana 'Dying' [Re: Seuss]
    #5885535 - 07/21/06 09:39 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Please note, this is a bumped post from last year.

Duly noted and recorded in the official book of bumped news forum posts...

Nevertheless, the stuff that Drug Czar guy said makes my head explode, and makes me sad to be living in an America with such values, and lack of empathy for those people who do live with chronic pain and find marijuana to be a healthy alternative to chronic opiate use...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service