Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Is it normal to feel physically "different" on shrooms?
    #4472603 - 07/30/05 03:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry the topic title doesn't make much sense, but oh well. The more trip reports and information I read, the more I'm questioning what happened on my trip (I've only tripped once).

People discribe seeing things differently, and thinking differently, but I never read anything much about the feeling. Maybe because it's too hard to discribe? Or was my experience unique. People usually discribe their trips as being either visual, or spiritual (or sometimes both). I would consider my trip to have been mostly physical.

I've already discribed these symptoms in my trip report, but I might as well re-cap. One thing I encountered was melting. I didn't feel relaxed in a melting sense, but I actually began to feel like I was flowing into a puddle. My body movements replicated this as apparently I would be moving my hands in a wave-like motion, and I would slowly slouch into a heap.

Also when I saw the room I was in from overhead, and it was split into multiple cubes (read my trip report for more detail), it felt like being chopped up into peices and thrown around the room (not literally chopped up...it wasn't painful). Insted of my body being one mass it was probably about 20, and I could feel each one individually.

And the third thing that I expereinced was travelling into myself. I came to the conclusion that within each particle in the world, there was an exact replica of the world, and in each partical in that world, there was another exact replica, and this would go on forever. I would travel into one of my cells, into another identical dimention, and keep going within myself to find myself fresh again. It's hard to explain, but it was a purely physical expereince.

I had another expereince that was kinda sexual, I really don't want to get into it...but lets just say it was...interesting :smirk:.

So do most people experience similar things to this, where the physical experiance is even more outstanding then visuals? Although I would like to get into the spiritual side of tripping, I really want to re-experience these physical feelings, and hope to someday find something even more intense than what I have already experienced.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Is it normal to feel physically "different" on shrooms? [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4472691 - 07/30/05 03:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:10 AM)

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
    #4472925 - 07/30/05 05:58 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes this is all normal, especially when coming up and peaking.

I guess it doesn't get as talked about as it is the visuals and thoughts which can be more profound experiences, rather than just fantastic fun!
However as you describe, body sensations can also be profound, and sexual contact on shrooms is a definite thing to try out with the right partner! :wink:

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4473171 - 07/30/05 11:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I by no means know what I am talking about but I will give it a shot anyways. Maybe what you were seeing is parallel universes. I cant help but think of quantum physics when I hear this. You move around in the world and in each decision you make or dont make takes you to a different universe. Just my two cents.

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: Is it normal to feel physically "different" on shrooms? [Re: prefloppro]
    #4473323 - 07/30/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Alright thanks, I'm glad it normal, because that means I'll be able to experience it again :smile:. Don't get my wrong, visuals are amazing ( and I'm yet to have a spiritual experience), but these feelings I had were definately the highlight of my trip.

Quote:

prefloppro said:
I by no means know what I am talking about but I will give it a shot anyways.  Maybe what you were seeing is parallel universes.  I cant help but think of quantum physics when I hear this.  You move around in the world and in each decision you make or dont make takes you to a different universe.  Just my two cents.

Could be. I'm not taking it seriously though. If there are parralel universes I doubt shrooms would give you the power to travel between them. I'm pretty sure I was just experiencing a feeling and that was my only explination on what was happening to me.

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
    #4473336 - 07/30/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If it is body sensation you want to replicate, i'd advise a good break between trips.
For myself, it greatly diminishes if i have had shrroms in the previous month or two.

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: Is it normal to feel physically "different" on shrooms? [Re: Oakbear]
    #4475179 - 07/31/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Alright cool, it's been about a month and a half, so I guess I'll wait a few more weeks. Thanks for the tip!

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

#4475309 - 07/31/05 12:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Prefloppro, I dont think you know much of anything about quantum physics... because that makes absolutely no sense. Parallel universe?.. come on man. Tyrone, I think the reason why you dont hear much about the physical aspect is because its an integral part of the experience.. while the mental effects can waver.. those are pretty cool physical hallucinations though, shrooms are amazing little life forms. Have fun the next time.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Is it normal to feel physically "different" on shrooms? [Re: hempknight]
    #4475942 - 07/31/05 02:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Id say for me that as my thought process changes and visuals increase that my physical sensations increase at the same rate.  :eek:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (07/31/05 02:47 AM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Is it normal to feel physically "different" on shrooms? [Re: hempknight]
    #4477081 - 07/31/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hempknight said:
Prefloppro, I dont think you know much of anything about quantum physics...

I don't think anyone knows much about quantum physics. I did a report on it and the only thing that i learned was that "a*b does not necessarily equal b*a". complicated stuff.

The physical aspect of shrooms is perfectly normal and easily explainable (at least during the come up). A strong, spastic sensation of "pulling up" in the knees and legs. The diaphragm (breathing muscle) becomes giddy and spastic, thus changing breathing patterns and creating a light, tickly feeling in the chest. Overall sensation of weightlessness. This is how i would describe it (the part about the diaphragm is based on observations. I'm not a medical Doctor). The being split into millions of pieces can be explained by the ability [on shrooms] to seemingly feel every single cell in your body at once. I think this can also partially explain the melting feeling, blending into things, and the feeling that you have combined as one with the universe.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Is it normal to feel physically "different" on shrooms? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4477266 - 07/31/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

because that makes absolutely no sense. Parallel universe?.. come on man.

It is a theory and you can't go much farther than that in the world of our reality. A very plausible one at that. Perhaps you have not had enough experience in these realms to judge? If you read anything about Quantum Physics, you would know that is a bona fide theory. But as Lysergic_Milkman says, not many people know much about it. It is so far out there, you have to begin to wake up to even start understanding the factors involved in it.

And people with bad attitudes who like to judge others, have much waking up to do. Start saying yes more, that is a start. Start believing things.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Edited by mecreateme (07/31/05 03:42 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience