Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
Loc: yo mama
humidification/air exchange and fan cfm rating
    #4467797 - 07/29/05 02:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i am planning on hooking up a fogmaster tri-jet fogger can be seen at www.fogmaster.com to about 40 feet of vented plastic ducting found at fungiperfecti. i know that i will probably neeed a squirrel cage blower to accompany this setup and would like to do some air intake filtration in the process. fungiperfecti reccomended about a 350 cfm fan do do the trick.... ive got about 900 cubic feet to exchange the air in when my shelves are empty. if i run a filter inline with that size fan,a} what type filter should i use( my shelves are in my basement wrapped in plastic with carpet on the floor) b) is that size fan enough to provide 3-6 air exchanges in 1 hr?
oh yeah, i only have about 90 bucks that may be used....less would be great.
and i have a bunch of cpu fans and computer power supply laying around to aid in airflow between shelving levels.

--------------------
why are there so many more horses asses than there are horses?

if you can't duck it, fuck it.
-the makers of duck tape

Edited by fungophiliac (07/29/05 02:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
Re: humidification/air exchange and fan cfm rating [Re: fungophiliac]
    #4470139 - 07/29/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hows this for shroom tek? vortex air circulator i have laying around from my first cardboard box hepa filter, put into a large plywood box blowing into ductwork with a good fiberglass screen prefilter built into side of intake chamber. fogmaster would have separate input as recirculating moisture through the motor is not a good idea.i will try this as soon as i have all my shelving built and dutwork running will post pictures back here

--------------------

-the makers of duck tape

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #4470287 - 07/29/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you don't already have the tri-head, save some bucks and get a single. I've seen singles humidify a grow area about 400 cubic feet, using it only 5 minutes an hour! Based on this, I'd guess one could handle up to 2400 cubic feet as long as there was good circulation. That'd be a grow area roughly 17 feet by 17 feet and 8' high.

Anyway, about fans, take the volume of the grow area (Length x width x height) and subtract the volume of substrate, shelves, equipment etc. This is your free air space.

Divide the free air space by the max number of air exchanges per hour, and you have the cfm you need the fan to move.

Don't forget to account for the resistance of the filter. You should be able to get the specs of a particular fan at various static pressures (how resistance is measured).

Did that help?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: humidification/air exchange and fan cfm rating [Re: mycofile]
    #4474612 - 07/30/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If your grow room is going to be used for colonization of pasteurized substrates, get a HEPA or ULPA filter. If you plan on stocking it with fully colonized blocks, you could probably get away with an electrostatic filter.

Those foggers look really intriguing, since I've never seen the design. If they are intended to fog chemicals, then I would assume that clogging is not much of an issue. They must be better than the ultrasonic disc fogger units that can require distilled water. One thing I was wondering, how are you going to hook the handheld unit into the HVAC system without remote discharge on the fogger?

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4475072 - 07/30/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
Re: humidification/air exchange and fan cfm rating [Re: pshawny]
    #4475489 - 07/30/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yes i already bought the tri jet i figured i will use the full potential of it one day and that it was 100 bucks used. this model sells new for 400 so i got a deal.
my grow area is kinda tricky. i am running 3 lengths of 14 foot long shelving racks each 2 feet wide. 3 layers of shelf each rack. each 14 foot long rack is encased in its own plastic covering. using velcro for entry flap seams, and tyvek patches to insure adequate FAE. the ductwork will run the length of the unit and plug into an actual metal HVAC 90 degree elbow. the through sealed ducting for transport of flow to adjacent shelves. i will probably be needing to use cpu fans to ensure adequate air circulation.

by my math i have 900 cubic feet of enclosed area. at a fill depth of six inches your equations tell me like 100-150 cfm before accounting for resistance from filter.

Yidaki, the fogger has a swith on it that can be accessed from the outside of the fogger. like i hook ductwork up to the output end, and maybe th intake end and can still flip the switch. and the fogger isnt really handheld, it is very portable though. and the tank only holds like a gallon of water. and why do you say i should use a hepa or ulpa for colonizing pasteurized substrates... are the spun glass filters at home dupot that collect molds and pollens and stuff not good enough?

--------------------

-the makers of duck tape

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag