Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShattrdHarlequin
Stranger

Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative in Denver
    #4469226 - 07/29/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

A group here in Colorado called SAFER(safer alternative for enjoyable recreation) has made the effort to collect 12,500 signatures to get this initiative which would remove all penalties for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana by adults 21 and older placed on the ballot for the upcoming city election. Although this still would not make it legal by state law it will send out a strong message to have our state capital pass this initiative. If anyone is going to be around next Wednesday around 10am they will be holding a press conference in front of the city and county building at 1437 Bannock St. If not.... this should at least be motivation for a few more people to get out there and vote! These individuals have put forth their time and effort to help all of us... don't let it all be a waste.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
Re: Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative in Denver [Re: ShattrdHarlequin]
    #4469289 - 07/29/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

There was an effort in AZ not long ago to decriminalize. It failed at the ballot. I think I was the only smoker who bothered to vote.

I wonder...if the people vote against decriminalization/legalization, then why should it be legal? If smokers dont care enough to get off there ass and vote, do they deserve legalization? I of course think it should be legal, but the majority of people dont (at the moment).

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative in Denver [Re: DieCommie]
    #4469318 - 07/29/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
There was an effort in AZ not long ago to decriminalize. It failed at the ballot. I think I was the only smoker who bothered to vote.

I wonder...if the people vote against decriminalization/legalization, then why should it be legal? If smokers dont care enough to get off there ass and vote, do they deserve legalization? I of course think it should be legal, but the majority of people dont (at the moment).

Alot of smokers don't get off their ass to vote because they believe 100% it is a failed system and nothing they do is going to change it. (this however does not include myself, I do vote...but know many people who don't for the very reason I stated.)

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
Re: Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative in Denver [Re: Sycronica]
    #4469343 - 07/29/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sycronica said:Alot of smokers don't get off their ass to vote because they believe 100% it is a failed system and nothing they do is going to change it.

Self-fulfilling prophecy i suppose.

I think that excuse is just a cop-out to be lazy. Unlike for us (in this forum) bieng vigilint about social change and politics isnt fun and compelling to most. If you tell yourself voting dosent matter (even though it obviously does) then you have an excuse not be involved. Those people make me sick, because they are quick to whine when things dont go their way yet they refuse to lift a finger to do anything.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative in Denver [Re: Sycronica]
    #4469829 - 07/29/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alot of smokers don't get off their ass to vote because they believe 100% it is a failed system and nothing they do is going to change it. (this however does not include myself, I do vote...but know many people who don't for the very reason I stated.)

Alot of smokers just like to bitch but are too self centered to actually get off the couch and get outside.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineShattrdHarlequin
Stranger

Re: Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative in Denver [Re: 1stimer]
    #4470088 - 07/29/05 06:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

At least there are the few that aren't too lazy to get off the couch and put forth the effort to make these opportunities available for the rest of us.

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative in Denver [Re: ShattrdHarlequin]
    #4473334 - 07/30/05 01:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not going to judge someone who chooses not to vote. I find it hard pressed to show alot of evidence to say that voting does count. I mainly vote just so no one can say this to me:

Quote:

I think that excuse is just a cop-out to be lazy. Unlike for us (in this forum) bieng vigilint about social change and politics isnt fun and compelling to most. If you tell yourself voting dosent matter (even though it obviously does) then you have an excuse not be involved. Those people make me sick, because they are quick to whine when things dont go their way yet they refuse to lift a finger to do anything.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion